Fibtree indicator

I've just tried this and you are right, it doesn't work anymore. I'll investigate and see what needs done to fix it.
FYI the updates to the Fibtree indicator disappeared into a black hole of me trying to be too clever and it being really buggy and more complex to use...

Michael
Totally get the whole 'making things too complicated' vibe—I do the same with trading strategies sometimes! Thanks a bunch for checking out the 'Just Here' utility. Your effort is much appreciated. If there's anything I can do to help figure things out, just give me a shout.

I've just tried this and you are right, it doesn't work anymore. I'll investigate and see what needs done to fix it.
FYI the updates to the Fibtree indicator disappeared into a black hole of me trying to be too clever and it being really buggy and more complex to use...

Michael
Hi Mike, great to see you here again!
I can't tell about 4th version, but I use 3rd and it works absolutely great... So, maybe it could be some compromise?

Thanks Sive. I've been lurking for a while but busy doing other things. The new version was a rewrite of the code and a different user interface which I couldn't decide was an improvement. I might post it for people to look at and comment - need to refresh myself on what still needed done first!

All the best

Michael

Totally get the whole 'making things too complicated' vibe—I do the same with trading strategies sometimes! Thanks a bunch for checking out the 'Just Here' utility. Your effort is much appreciated. If there's anything I can do to help figure things out, just give me a shout.
Hi Sirfill
I believe that I have fixed the issue now. I'd be grateful if you could download it again from https://www.mql5.com/en/users/sync37 and check it out for me. It should be listed as version 2.

Thanks

Michael

Hi Sirfill
I believe that I have fixed the issue now. I'd be grateful if you could download it again from https://www.mql5.com/en/users/sync37 and check it out for me. It should be listed as version 2.

Thanks

Michael

Hey Michael,

It's working like a charm now! Huge thanks, seriously. I appreciate it a ton, and I'm not quite sure how to express my gratitude. Your effort is a massive help to the community. I hope it didn't cause you too much trouble.

Thanks a million!

For anyone interested, this is the rewrite that I had been working on for the Fibtree indicator. I’d appreciate any comments from users on whether it would be a worthwhile update.

If anyone wants to try it please send me a PM and I’ll send a test copy some time in the next week.

Main differences:

Instead of using trendlines it uses MT4 price arrows to set the Focus and retracements of interest.

2023-12-02 22_39_21-9604546_ OANDA-v20 Live-5 - OANDA DIVISION4 - [EURUSD,Weekly].png

The Focus is set by using that keyword in the Name field for that arrow (Name starts with Focus e.g. FocusW101

2023-12-02 22_32_33-9604546_ OANDA-v20 Live-5 - OANDA DIVISION4 - [EURUSD,Weekly].png

The retracements of interest are set by using that name in their Description field.

2023-12-02 22_45_18-9604546_ OANDA-v20 Live-5 - OANDA DIVISION4 - [EURUSD,Weekly].png

If a retracement is positioned after the Focus on the chart it is used to calculate Fibonacci expansions, e.g. COP, OP, XOP

2023-12-02 22_34_20-9604546_ OANDA-v20 Live-5 - OANDA DIVISION4 - [EURUSD,Weekly].png

As I said, comments or opinions welcome.

Michael

Back