FxOpen.com - Changed T&C - Didn't Inform - Fee To Reactivate Account

Copy the link of this thread and send them via email or live chat :)

You guys will not believe what FxOpen just did.. they went ahead and re-activated my account and took the $50. It's like we don't care do what you can.

Any ideas ? I am thinking of opening a case with FPA?

This is what they sent me...

======================

On Sep 20, 2016, at 10:18 PM, FXOpen <> wrote:

Dear Customer,

we would like to inform that your trading Micro account xxxxxx has already been restored according to your request.

Also it has been deducted a re-activation fee in amount of 50 USD. We kindly recommend you to recover Trader's

Password using recovery option in FXOpen cabinet.

In order to avoid problems we recommend you to monitor your trading account activity because we are not be able to

change Terms of Business and settings of our system only for one client. But we will consider your request and we will

do our best to implement it in future. Also our system regularly sends you Trading Statement and you can check the

trading activity or balance transaction.

If there are no trading activity or balance transaction on your account it will be moved to archive in 90 days.

Thank you.

Best regards,
FXOpen Team.
=============================

My reply to them

==================
This is Obnoxious. When did I tell you that I am okay with a $50 deduction and you can reactivate my account. Can you show my email or an explicit approval?

I agree I might be just one customer and you cannot change your rules for me. But please read my email very carefully I am not asking for a rule change I am asking you to acknowledge that I am not at fault and you cannot charge me $50.

I really think you guys are not getting the logic here. You guys changed I did not so why should I pay because you changed ?? It's simple ! Can you please kindly share my email with a supervisor or an above average IQ individual pls.. and ask him or her to respond after going through this case ?

Also why don't you guys reply publicly in this thread. Let the world know how you treat your customers !!

*** FPA THREAD LINK ***

=====================

You guys will not believe what FxOpen just did.. they went ahead and re-activated my account and took the $50. It's like we don't care do what you can.

Any ideas ? I am thinking of opening a case with FPA?

This is what they sent me...

======================

On Sep 20, 2016, at 10:18 PM, FXOpen <> wrote:

Dear Customer,

we would like to inform that your trading Micro account xxxxxx has already been restored according to your request.

Also it has been deducted a re-activation fee in amount of 50 USD. We kindly recommend you to recover Trader's

Password using recovery option in FXOpen cabinet.

In order to avoid problems we recommend you to monitor your trading account activity because we are not be able to

change Terms of Business and settings of our system only for one client. But we will consider your request and we will

do our best to implement it in future. Also our system regularly sends you Trading Statement and you can check the

trading activity or balance transaction.

If there are no trading activity or balance transaction on your account it will be moved to archive in 90 days.

Thank you.

Best regards,
FXOpen Team.
=============================

My reply to them

==================
This is Obnoxious. When did I tell you that I am okay with a $50 deduction and you can reactivate my account. Can you show my email or an explicit approval?

I agree I might be just one customer and you cannot change your rules for me. But please read my email very carefully I am not asking for a rule change I am asking you to acknowledge that I am not at fault and you cannot charge me $50.

I really think you guys are not getting the logic here. You guys changed I did not so why should I pay because you changed ?? It's simple ! Can you please kindly share my email with a supervisor or an above average IQ individual pls.. and ask him or her to respond after going through this case ?

Also why don't you guys reply publicly in this thread. Let the world know how you treat your customers !!

*** FPA THREAD LINK ***

=====================

Your shared review here yet? I saw rep`s reply on every review there.

All,

I have been a customer with FxOpen since the past 6+ years. I have a micro account with them and might pull a trade or two every 15-18 months for testing the markets. This was never a problem with them. Yesterday, when I logged in to their portal after a year or so, I realized my account wasn't there and neither were my funds ($178).

On contacting them their service desk told me that my account has been deactivated and I should pay $50 to get it reactivated. Their statement is simple - if you want your funds back or want your trading account back pay us $50 since you did not trade for 90 days.

They never sent me even a single intimation informing me that my account would be deactivated. They changed their terms mid-way. An account which was left as it is for 6 years was suddenly deactivated because FxOpen decided to change their T&C and didn't even care to inform me. I traded the way I have been doing for the past 6 years, where did I go wrong?

I would say its nothing more than plan vanilla CHEATING. Their service desk keeps on sending me canned replies, they refuse to reason out with me or even understand what I am saying.

I am not new to the Fx Markets - I have worked for a broker, written research papers, coded quant algo's but I always used to think something like this can never happen to me. This is my first time posting on FPA but I have been following this site from the time it was ForexBas*****.com. I am glad this incident has made me realize how helpless one feels against such crooks.

It is not about $50 but if something is wrong its wrong, and I am sorry won't stand down before telling the world about it. You wanted to impose new T&C no problem do it, but tell the customer. You want to deactivate my account do it, but tell me 30 days before. This is not done.

I hope you the FPA community can help me out by making my voice reach to the one's at FxOpen who matter.

Dear Sir,

We are acting in accordance with our customer agreement which allows us to introduce changes in accordance with the conditions disclosed in this agreement.

Please understand our position on this: we are interested in clients who trade. Dormant accounts create unnecessary liabilities for us, therefore we motivate clients to trade with us or withdraw their funds.
Clients are also welcome to keep funds in their eWallets (not trading accounts) free of any maintenance fees.

We understand your frustration and we will do our best to keep our clients always up-to-date with changes in our terms and conditions.

Best regards,
FXOpen

Back