How to control your emotions after series of losses ?

perryfx

Private, 1st Class
Well I would like to know your thoughts on how to react when you faced series of losses in forex. In my case I will stop trading about 03 - 04 days and come back again. If not "revenge" always come to my mind and I may blown my whole account.

How to control emotions after series of losses???

..hmmmm....in my much younger days, a nicely rolled reed does the trick every time.
For these more matured times, sticking my head in a bucket of iced cold water for an extended time gives the same effect. Leaving my head longer in the bucket puts me in ICU which will then forced me to stop trading for at least a few days.

On a more serious note, learn to stop trading for a few days....or, if your account can still have sufficient funds, make one single selected trade, pre-set TP and then immediately turn off the computer and come back to check it in a week's time. If the account is wiped out, bang your head on the nearest wall and yell "Why am I so stupid??" over and over again under you passed out and have to be admitted to the ICU for R&R.

Simple solution to control your emotion is to never ever trade with money you cannot afford to loss!
Treat that money as "entertainment/play" money...if you loss that, "so-what" attitude is the way to go!

================================

Or, if you are as rich as the Ruler of upper and lower Nile, dump a few tons of gold into your trading account to completely overwhelm & annihilate the forex market and bring it under your control & submission. From then onwards, you simply cannot loss! :p

Last edited:

..hmmmm....in my much younger days, a nicely rolled reed does the trick every time.
For these more matured times, sticking my head in a bucket of iced cold water for an extended time gives the same effect. Leaving my head longer in the bucket puts me in ICU which will then forced me to stop trading for at least a few days.

On a more serious note, learn to stop trading for a few days....or, if your account can still have sufficient funds, make one single selected trade, pre-set TP and then immediately turn off the computer and come back to check it in a week's time. If the account is wiped out, bang your head on the nearest wall and yell "Why am I so stupid??" over and over again under you passed out and have to be admitted to the ICU for R&R.

Simple solution to control your emotion is to never ever trade with money you cannot afford to loss!
Treat that money as "entertainment/play" money...if you loss that, "so-what" attitude is the way to go!

================================

Or, if you are as rich as the Ruler of upper and lower Nile, dump a few tons of gold into your trading account to completely overwhelm & annihilate the forex market and bring it under your control & submission. From then onwards, you simply cannot loss! :p

Very funny . Thank you for your input.

I have already got lost a lot for 3 weeks, I thought I would give up but no. I want to win Forex market as I did in the past. It's very difficult to do something that obsessed you. But I changed my mind and fight with them. Don't give up, you will lose if you give up.

Last edited:
I've always found that getting drunk and having 8 or 10 of my concubines give me a long, slow massage helps. :)

learn to stop trading for a few days
This is very important you need to step back relax and if you can figure out what went wrong then you will learn to never repeat or to better handle the same strategy/patent/situation.

This is very important you need to step back relax and if you can figure out what went wrong then you will learn to never repeat or to better handle the same strategy/patent/situation.

Yeah Totally agree with that.

The only way to take emotions out of trading is to create a trading plan and follow it diligently. A trading plan should dictate how a trader approach the market and decisions on trading and managing their trades. Without a plan, a trader will trade based on gut feel and emotions. I'm still trying my best to practice that. Not easy though.

Well I would like to know your thoughts on how to react when you faced series of losses in forex. In my case I will stop trading about 03 - 04 days and come back again. If not "revenge" always come to my mind and I may blown my whole account.

Lol @ sticking head in a cold bucket of water.. was going to say that.

But on a serious note, take a break. Close down your terminal and don't trade for the remainder of the day. Its best to get back to trading after a decent break and with a fresh mindset.

The only way to take emotions out of trading is to create a trading plan and follow it diligently. A trading plan should dictate how a trader approach the market and decisions on trading and managing their trades. Without a plan, a trader will trade based on gut feel and emotions. I'm still trying my best to practice that. Not easy though.

Exactly. Plan the trade. Trade the plan

Back