How wrong is the way we discover forex?

Most of us can admit it.
Yeap , we were cruising along the web one day , after a break up , and stumbled across an ad page talking big money and little time.
We said to ourselves , im gonna show that b***h ... no im kidding.
We convinced ourselves that theres a fortune to be made here in just 3 weeks.But lets look further.
So then we google forex trading , we go to babypips.com learn all the basics within 2 hours.
But then , we read "Choose your broker carefully" , "Bucketshops" etc...
So there we are in google again , clicking forex peace army on the results.
And we find this pool of complaints , we get scared , and also tired of reading.
-"I need to make this as fast as possible before they scam me " is the thought we close the day with.
So the next afternoon , when we wake up and its a Saturday, we look for a high leverage broker , with more that 2 stars in FPA reviews.
Our idea of trading is this (and i believe several complaint threads here prove it):
"I will be a millionaire , or someone will scam me!"

No offence to those who posted Complaints , some are valid and should be there to alert fellow traders.

What do you guys/ladies think?

Yes. I think most people discover forex wrongly. We have been given an idea that it's the easiest way to make money. No skills no knowledge are needed. I still remember my first margin call was in NFP release. I had no clue whatsoever.

Ken Smith, I have to agree with you. People have an opinion that forex is the place where you they earn money easily. But then it turns out that nothing is so easy here and people go away dissappointed.

Almost all traders had big expectations that become disappointment when they can not do profitable trading . Their concept is wrong as they think it a quick earning method . Forex is not a machine that will print continuous money for you . You have to derive your own profit with your trading skill. This old way of thinking should be changed to think forex a normal business that will give you some % of earning.

Most of the trader do the wrong thing that they select their broker not according to their trading style. But for different bonus offers. I have seen many trader who choose their broker for high volume of leverage. But they forget to take risk and money management for the high risk that contains with high leverage. Many trader select their broker not seeing their regulation. But they overlook that regulated and certified broker are secured for investing money.

I've never chosen a broker according to my trading style and I don't understand how these things are related. I think company's reliability is the first thing to be considered.

Oh yes, I agree with lots of opinions here. People think that they will be able to make easy money in Forex. But it's not just a trade, but an art. That's why it's important to have a lot of theoretical knowledge.

Yes, it is true that people enter the Forex market with the greed of money and they always lose here. This market requires a lot of dedication and hard work to achieve success. All the people are requested to stay away from the scams and put the greed far away as well.

Oh yes, I agree with lots of opinions here. People think that they will be able to make easy money in Forex. But it's not just a trade, but an art. That's why it's important to have a lot of theoretical knowledge.
Yes, it not just opening and closing trade. Trading is an art that requires specific knowledge and skills. Most people come here by thinking trading is very easy. But it's not. You have to put a lot of efforts to learn the art of trading.

I am always thinking about it like a tool which will allow me to do something closer than that entirely and possibly anyway for many certain reasons out there, so we may want to move on absolutely and possibly. I am not looking at as a money tree.

Choosing broker is an important part for the trader, reliable broker usually has much positive feedback from the trader, but forex trading remains risky, however, investing big money indeed will vulnerable if turn to losing money, with several; reason, loss in trading or scammed broker, just spent money that affords to lose is my first golden rules

Back