Incoming Ticks vs Chart Price

cornell

Private
Is it possible for a broker's incoming ticks to be different from the chart price? I have a situation where a stop order was filled with a broker but the ticks recorded indicates that the prices did not hit the stop order level even though the chart price hit the stop order level. In addition, there are no records of the stop order being filled and closed in the MT4 logs.

Very good question cornel. I have seen this happening with me too, i.e. order not filling but charts shows it touched my buy/sell order. But I do not know what you mean by ticks recorded? where it is? In MT4 platform?

I usually attach an indicator that displays the spreads and logs/saves the broker's incoming ticks (bid & ask) and spreads to the mt4 folder, I have never experienced the ticks not matching the chart prices until this incident with the broker and hence the reason for this topic. I want to get sufficient feedback on this issue.

It might be a good idea to have a little chat with your broker about this.

I suppose it would be possible for an order to not be filled if a tic touches your SL or TP - the tic doesn't indicate unlimited volume, so someone else may have grabbed whatever liquidity was available at that price.

On the other hand, if an order fills at numbers untouched by any tic, I would find that very disturbing.

Pharaoh,

Thanks for the feedback, I do find it very disturbing since I record the incoming ticks on several brokers and have never experienced the incoming ticks not matching the chart price. I contacted the broker which is LQD Markets immediately when it happened via email and even sent the recorded incoming ticks but the person was adamant that they have it logged on their server that the price hit the sell stop order. I replied to the person and copied the CEO (who has a least one post in the forum) asking the below:

1) To provide the ticks sent to the platform during the time in question.

2) To explain why the incoming ticks do not match the chart price.

3) Why is there no record of the trade opening and closing in the MT4 logs?

The reply I got (not from the CEO) was very abrupt and some would consider it rude, advising that my questions were already answered when in fact the questions were sidestepped. I received a telephone call, after the abrupt and somewhat rude reply from another employee who indicated that they will be handling this issue now (that was about 2 weeks ago) and we went through the questions again but I have not heard from anyone since.

I have emailed/spoken to about 4 persons (names of the LQD Markets' employees omitted) and my questions and request for ticks have not been answered/met.

Send an invite to all the email addresses you have for them and invite LQD to come to this thread and explain exactly what happened.

Also make sure you look at the correct price (bid/ask). Account for the spread, just because the numerical value was shown on the chart does not necessarily mean that your pending order was hit if you looked at the wrong price.

Pharaoh,

Email was just sent to 3 employees.

Rambo35,

The lowest bid ticks recorded during that period was 5.1 pips above the bid price of my order that was supposedly filled and 7.9 pips above the chart low bid price during the period.

Received a call last Friday from a LQD representative advising that a response will be posted "shortly".

Pharaoh,

Any further recommendation(s)? In comparison to other brokers, LQD sure takes a long time to respond to an issue. I also encountered another issue where one (1) sell limit order was issued but it was filled twice, I didn't even bother escalating it to LQD since this current issue is still open for approximately one month.

Back