Missing order ticket with a broker on MT4

Lino

Recruit
Hi there,

I have a question where I am not sure about the backround if this happens once in a while or what is the real reason behind it. Maybe you can help....

I am with Alpari UK for 8 years now and was quite satisfied with them. Until a few days ago....

I placed an order on Friday 1/2/15 to hedge a position on EURUSD before the weekend. On Monday the pair opened with quite a gap. When I looked about 12 hours after reopening the markets I could not find this order ticket anymore. Neither in the Trades tab nor the Account History tab it showed up. The order had a TP which was triggered due to the gap so the order should have been closed with the market open price with some profit.

The order placement did not show up in the Journal so I was glad to retrieve the ticket number from the daily mails I get from them after market close.

I wrote an email to support (Monday, 13:45 CET) to ask about this missing ticket which is a serious issue in my opinion.

The answer came at 20:45 CET:
<< your 0.20 lots EURUSD trade was closed at its TP price at market opening, therefore it should have simply moved from the open trade tab (‘trade’) to the closed one (‘account history’). Please click on the Account history tab of your Terminal window and confirm if you can see it, now:>>

I did that and now the order showed up with the TP field popping out in green. You just cannot oversee this line. In my opinion they made this ticket visible again to me and reminded me of all the bad experiences I had with brokers trading against its clients.

Now my questions:
- Is this a known issue with MT4 brokers?
- How common is this type of issue?

Thank you for your opinion,
Lino

Hi there,

I have a question where I am not sure about the backround if this happens once in a while or what is the real reason behind it. Maybe you can help....

I am with Alpari UK for 8 years now and was quite satisfied with them. Until a few days ago....

I placed an order on Friday 1/2/15 to hedge a position on EURUSD before the weekend. On Monday the pair opened with quite a gap. When I looked about 12 hours after reopening the markets I could not find this order ticket anymore. Neither in the Trades tab nor the Account History tab it showed up. The order had a TP which was triggered due to the gap so the order should have been closed with the market open price with some profit.

The order placement did not show up in the Journal so I was glad to retrieve the ticket number from the daily mails I get from them after market close.

I wrote an email to support (Monday, 13:45 CET) to ask about this missing ticket which is a serious issue in my opinion.

<< your 0.20 lots EURUSD trade was closed at its TP price at market opening, therefore it should have simply moved from the open trade tab (‘trade’) to the closed one (‘account history’). Please click on the Account history tab of your Terminal window and confirm if you can see it, now:>>

I did that and now the order showed up with the TP field popping out in green. You just cannot oversee this line. In my opinion they made this ticket visible again to me and reminded me of all the bad experiences I had with brokers trading against its clients.

Now my questions:

Lino

I can't explain it but if I had been with a broker 8 years like you've stated and this is the only thing bad that ever happened in all that time I wouldn't worry about it but I'll be paying close attention to things for now on to make sure they aren't going bad.

I believe I had once pretty bad experience than yours. I am trading with a broker, by that time I am using MT4 as well(no MT4 anymore now).

Almost the same thing happens, trade open over the weekend. On Monday open, I think because of broker LP problem, the price went down 200 pips and the market actually didn't. Therefore, my position taken profit as it goes wrong to my way. After about 2 - 3 hours, broker realized that something went wrong. They can even reverse all my TP position to running position at the market price. Funny huh? But it did happened in my experience.

What about account equity? has it changed after order in trading journal became visible? If no, then its definitely MT4 lag..if no then run away from your broker.

Hi there,

Now my questions:

Lino

Even the good has some bad. Try to focus on the good. That said,this kind of issue is very common as many of my friends,Forex traders,who have been in it for quite some time now,have complained about it one time or the other. I am a newbie myself but I know this happens,so I know what to expect.

Back