• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Problem My story with Gain Capital (forex .com) UK

I am having an issue with a company
After having ludicrous replies to my emails from fsa I have written to them, how discourteous and unconsidered their response were, finally miracle happened could not believe they were actually apologetic. They explain the procedure in detail!!!Wow!! . They will take Gain Capital to court, which may take several months. Not having much faith I was still not satisfy with fsa’s final response, so this case now will go to FSA commissioner.
I will simply not leave this matter in the hands of FSA. After other channels, it will go all the way to parliament.
I have nothing but time.
NFA’s reply, i can only describe in one word “comedy”

ada1976,
Instead of making unsubstantiated, opinionated statements, why don't you post some facts, like the "ludicrous" replies you mention?
Let us all see the basis of your complaints. We can decide for ourselves just who and what is ridiculous.
Despite your irreverant and disrespectful disregard for public protections you are afforded at no cost to you, it seems you are making progress inspite of your arrogant self.
AI

Last edited:
Hi Pharaoh,
USA GAIN CAPITAL GROUP NFA reg.number is 0339826 and GAIN CAPITAL FOREX.COM.UK LTD reg. number is 0343347 if this is correct

Thank you for the recent correspondence you sent to NFA’s Compliance Department regarding the party referenced above. While NFA has developed a wide range of investor protection rules to safeguard the integrity of the futures and forex markets and monitors all NFA Members for compliance, it appears that the firm in your inquiry is not a member of NFA. ????????
MY letter was based on HEAD OFFICE not UK

Hi BigT1,

This is the reply i kept having from them,

RE: Gain Capital - our ref:

23/11/2012

Reply ▼

To victor_uysal@hotmail.co.uk

Dear Mr Uysal

We are considering your referral and will revert to you in due course.

Regards

S

Last edited:
The NFA is saying that they don't deal with accounts at a branch of the company that's not NFA registered.

The FSA is saying that they'll get back to you.

None of this looks either comedic or rude.

Nice article

The FSA is dead. Few will be sorry to see it gone.

Shortly before lunchtime on Sunday, September 14, 2008, Sir Callum McCarthy picked up the phone and made a call to Tim Geithner in New York.

The FSA has become stricter on banks and asset managers clearly separating clients' cash from their own money

By James Quinn

8:15PM GMT 30 Mar 2013

6 Comments

Sir Callum, with barely a month left to serve as chairman of the Financial Services Authority (FSA), had spent the previous two days trying to find answers to his questions from US regulators, including the New York Federal Reserve, which Geithner headed.

The questions related to Barclays’ mooted acquisition of Lehman Brothers, a transatlantic rescue deal designed to save one of Wall Street’s greatest names from imminent collapse and in turn stabilise the global banking system.

But that call between McCarthy and Geithner signalled the beginning of the end. Without the appropriate reassurances that Lehman’s black holes would not bring down the British bank, there was no way the deal could be done.

Within two hours, Barclays’ then chief executive John Varley called Hector Sants, FSA chief executive, to say the deal was off.

As the clock strikes midnight tonight, those tense 72 hours of negotiations will go down in the history books as perhaps the most monumental moments in the FSA’s existence.

Related Articles

We knew the FSA was asleep on the job. Now it's gone mad
27 Mar 2013

Top ten FSA fines
27 Mar 2013

FSA 'shows lack of perspective' by fining Pru
27 Mar 2013

FSA Libor report: officials could not see the wood for trees
05 Mar 2013

Tyrie grills FSA over tracker mortgage rises
08 Mar 2013

For as a new day begins tomorrow, the FSA will be no more. Replaced by a dual-track regulation system of the Prudential Regulation Authority – part of the Bank of England – and the independent Financial Conduct Authority, Gordon Brown’s vision of a unified financial regulator will be only a memory.

For some, the end of the FSA has not come soon enough. Its 11-year history has been tinged with controversy at times, and its critics have been many. The regulator’s handling of the split-caps scandal did not result in it being showered in praise, nor did it its handling of the collapse of Equitable Life.

One of the key criticisms has been that it has been slow to take action against individuals involved in breaking the rules, be they big or small.

Big-name scalps have been few and far between. Its case against Ian Hannam – the JP Morgan Cazenove banker accused of market abuse in February 2012 – is still not resolved. Hannam strongly denies the allegations, and a hearing will now not take place until much later in the year.

It is somewhat ironic that in its final week, the FSA took the unprecedented step of personally censuring Tidjane Thiam, chief executive of Prudential, over the insurer’s proposed $35.5bn AIA acquisition. Many would point to that censure – and the accompanying £30m company fine – and say the delay in that coming to pass sums up everything that has been wrong with the FSA.

Too slow, too reactive, too dedicated to its rule book, the regulator has not been a success.

Take the investigation into the collapse of Royal Bank of Scotland, which the FSA initially felt was appropriate to end with a 298-word press release which left readers none the wiser. Only when this newspaper led a high-profile campaign for a fuller report did the regulator finally move into action. So it has been more recently with the mis-selling of derivatives products to small and medium-sized companies. The FSA had barely made inroads into the cases in March 2012 when The Sunday Telegraph, working with its sister paper The Daily Telegraph, publicised them. The bill for swaps mis-selling now stands at £2.5bn and rising.

To be fair, it could be argued that the design of the FSA – a single regulator being both judge and jury on the financial system and the companies working within it – meant that it was fatally flawed.

But equally, those at 25 The North Colonnade in Canary Wharf – including Lord Turner, who, we reveal today is off to pastures new – have not always heaped themselves in glory.

The FSA is dead. Few will mourn.

I hope the FOS is still around. We've got some issues with a few UK brokers where people need to complain.

I hope the FOS is still around. We've got some issues with a few UK brokers where people need to complain.

New regulatory is Financial Conduct Authorities which already at work. According to Chancellor of the Exchequer in few months, it will be functioning at its best and they will be highly efficient; reflection to FCA’s performance FOS will be even more efficient.
What I have read and listened, that Bank of England Is fed up with companies who are constantly mocking regulations.
As for myself I did complained to the Commissioner about FSA, which is not relevant any more. However, I had a very encouraging response from the Treasury Department about My case against Forex.com UK (Gain Capital) . Consequently, I received a phone call from my MP’s office, which I have been in touch regarding to issues related to all us victims of this corrupted market. Majority of these companies design, their terms and conditions to rip people off. Proof of their disregard to regulations lies in their T&C which they interpret everything to fit their own pockets.
I will write again to our new FCA about my case in the hope that people like BigT1,you, me and other members fight for justice specially Yours and BigT1’s undeniable efforts to encourage other victims may prevail in this thread .

Back