• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Problem OptionRally is a scam

I am having an issue with a company
Hello Woodfire,
yes, thanks to let me know all of this. It is also good to see that the Cypriots are taking care (as anounced previously). Please follow the instructions of the ombudsman for individual claimants word by word. Two sloppy mistakes I made when trying this for the first time were using the normal mail which never arrived there but DHL FEDEEX etc. should work and addressing the country as "South Cyprus" which is wrong the official title is "The Republic of Cyprus". Let´s just hope that they will at least honor an ombudsman-decree. Generally European financial institutions always do so.
Oh, I almost forgot: The Timeline. The ombudsman must decide within six months after receipt of your statement of claim, but this can be extended to 9 monhts in total. They have currently anounced to issue first decrees for another Broker (Iron-Fx) by the end of this month.
best lz

I have received two phone calls from an "Allison James, Customercare Initiative " at Optionrally. On the first call last week Allison said she was ringing to discuss the difficulties I had had with my broker at Optionrally. I told her my issues were far more than just with my broker! I asked if she had read my letter of complaint which I had sent to several sections of the company. She said she had not. I therefore told her that if she wanted to be more effective in addressing the issues then she should read that letter, and then I rang off.
I received the second call this evening. Allison said that she had read my files and was very dismayed by what had happened to me. She said it was the worst she had read. Allison said that she had been employed with Optionrally for just two months and and she wanted to see if we could come to some agreement concerning reimbursement of my capital. She initially said that as I had lost $22,320 USD, she could offer a payment of $3500 USD. I told her that that was a ridiculously low figure. She then asked what I would accept. I said $16,500 ie 75% and not less. She said she would check what could be done and requested I acknowledge an email which she would send me and that any money paid would be on the condition that I dropped any legal action against Optionrally.
I then received the following email:
"Please send me any information that may help you raise the settlement amount. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact myself.
Best Regards,
Allison JamesCustomer Care Initiative"
I replied:
Following our conversation this evening, I wish to inform you that I am currently in the process of submitting a complaint to The Financial Ombudsman of the Republic of Cyprus. I expect that It will be fully submitted within one week. I will complete this submission if the amount of $16,500 USD (i.e. 75% of the capital which I have lost through your company) is not returned (and cleared) into my account by Friday 5th February 2016. (Eastern Standard Australian time). I would not accept less than this figure and have every intention of taking this matter further if necessary.
I have now received an email with the following:
"Dear .....
I have presented your case and the most I have been allowed is $6,000.00 USD. The trades were still placed by you thus it's out of my hands. I strongly suggest that you take this offer"
I have replied:
"I decline this offer and will proceed with the submission to the Financial Ombudsman as previously stated."

Any helpful comments or advice from members and readers of this site would be welcome. (Allison is following this site.)

File the complaint with Cysec and the Cyprus Financial Ombudsman. Even if you agree to the $6000, it's probably just a tactic to stall you from filing formal complaints.

Then, tell them you'll drop the complaints after 100% of what you are owed arrives in your bank account.

I am delighted to hear from you Pharaoh! I was hoping you might reply.
Last night I received a "private email" from "lotharzielasko" (listed as "Private Ist Class " on this site) as follows:
"I am on the side of both of you and maybe what they currently do can be trusted.
However, I am bound to ethical restrictions that make me stop here from intervening a single centimeter further. Besides, I have already been a little bit blackmailed -(last time this morning at seven when the doorbell rang with nobody present)- and maybe even spyed upon because of a really minor case in which I represent somebody else and I personally just want to get out of all this asap.
@ Asstmod: Please hide, Woodfire´s last post asap! It should it´s about ongoign settlement negotiations and really, realy should not be here.
@ Woodfire: Please, obtain local counsel who can help you with the negotiations immediatedly."
I have stopped the conversation and removed my email address from my preferences for this site.
I do not know who "lotharzielasko" is but there is a flavour of intimidation about it and so I am very relieved to to hear from you.
I have already submitted a formal complaint to Cysec and the Australian Federal Cyber Police (ACORN) and will follow your advice as given above.
Many thanks indeed.

Hi Woodfire,
okay, all formal apologizes. I certainly did not want to intimidate, offend or scare you. The reasons why I used the conversation function and why I said what I said above are really just what I have stated above and which I can simply not explain in a public forum in greater depth.
Besides, I did not know that the conversation function produces email (?). I always just receive a notification that something new has come up. I don´t think I saw anything yesterday that resembled an email-address of yours, did not look out for it either.
Kind regards
lz

Hi Woodfire,
okay, all formal apologizes. I certainly did not want to intimidate, offend or scare you. The reasons why I used the conversation function and why I said what I said above are really just what I have stated above and which I can simply not explain in a public forum in greater depth.
Besides, I did not know that the conversation function produces email (?). I always just receive a notification that something new has come up. I don´t think I saw anything yesterday that resembled an email-address of yours, did not look out for it either.
Kind regards
lz
Apology accepted! I understand the difficulties of using IT processes as well! How much to make public and what is safe are ongoing issues especially if we are a bit naive as I am. On the whole, I am going for openness and honesty,believing for the best and trusting that in many ways a public arena like this one in fact offers more protection than secrecy can do! However, I think that my ability to trust has been seriously damaged by the whole Optionrally experience and I am consequently more wary than before.
I sincerely hope all works out well for you too!
I will continue to provide updates as to progress with my negotiations with Optionrally.

File the complaint with Cysec and the Cyprus Financial Ombudsman. Even if you agree to the $6000, it's probably just a tactic to stall you from filing formal complaints.

Then, tell them you'll drop the complaints after 100% of what you are owed arrives in your bank account.

I have since received two more emails from Allison James, Customer Care Initiative. The first dated the 11th Feb 2016,is very long. and contains claims and lines of reasoning which are either inaccurate or spurious and many key facts which are simply avoided.
Perhaps of particular interest is one paragraph which says:
"It is in our best interest to settle any complaint with CySec regarding Optionrally. Regardless to the fact that you are not covered under CYSEC nor does it appear on optionrally.com platform nor website, that any kind of CYSEC regulation is offered to its traders (which does appear for European clients in optionrally.eu) and despite the fact that optionrally.com and optionrally.eu are operated by two different companies, we acknowledge that we need to maintain a high standard of compliance on both companies and are always inclined to follow the set protocols. Therefore, we are willing to reimburse you a part of your initial investment in the amount of $6,000.00USD, not due to being complicit in any wrong doing nonetheless simply to provide you with some remedy to your financial strains, and help you recover somewhat from the choices you have made and the road you followed."

I replied to this email on 13th March 2016 (a delay as my computer was out of action for three weeks) as follows:
I am not interested in entering into debate with you, although I could easily refute your claims and lines of reasoning, which are either inaccurate or spurious, to say nothing of all the facts you have chosen to avoid.
I will drop the complaints after 100% of the money I am owed is in my bank account.
The amount owed is at least all of the capital I invested with you, namely $26,490.51 AUD (Currently $20032.79 USD) less the $1000 USD (Currently $1322.36 AUD) which was returned to my account on 15.02.2015 .
ie $ 26,490.51
_ $ 1,322.36
TOTAL AMOUNT OWING $ 25,168.15 AUD (Currently $19,032.78 USD or 17059.82 Euro
I will not negotiate this amount.

This evening, 15 March 2016, I received the following reply:
"We are prepared to increase the settlement amount to $9,500.00 USD, it will not be much higher than that. We have inspected your account, saw your trades and as stated before, a full refund will NOT be made possible. I can see that you would rather spread a bad message about OptionRally and our names rather than settle the issues at hand. You traded with your funds, until the last moment, every decision was made by you and even every computer IP for your account log in shows yours. We understand you are trading and were trading simultaneously with a different company and confusing the two. I understand you have made some bad choices previously financially, well, this is your opportunity to get reparations for your negative experience, and start something better. Please consider this as the final attempt for settlement, at this point Ms. ...., I would really think twice before turning it down, there will not be another chance."

It is interesting that they are now claiming that I traded though two companies! This is apparently some kind of smoke screen. I traded only through the Optionrally site and have done no other trading at all anywhere!

I would welcome a further comment and/or advice from you Pharaoh, along with any other input from others reading this who who are interested in these issues.

I will try to respond later today or tomorrow. By the way what exactly happend to your computer?
In response to your question about my computer: It is a Macbook Pro , early 2011. It became progressively difficult to start up and finally stopped doing so altogether. A local Macfixit man consulted with Apple and although it is out of warranty, Apple replaced the part for free . I believe that this is being done almost routinely for the Apple Macs of this age as there was apparently a faulty part originally installed.( I can't give you any actual technical info.)
A great outcome and even better to have my computer up and running again!
I look forward to hearing from you further.

Back