Please stop using scam for every company

zach6210

Private, 1st Class
Hi guys,

I am a little p'd off. This scam alerts folder is for genuine cases. For people who have been truly scammed and are finding it difficult to come to a resolution with the broker. Not every company can be labeled a scam because our payment was delayed a couple of days, or the account manager never returned our calls. This folder is a powerful resource, its our voice. A voice that the brokers don't want to hear but FPA do. Scam alerts folder should not be manipulated or used lightly. I am not here to tell you what to do, but this FPA forum is a very valuable tool that should not be abused or taken for granted by making fake claims and accusations. These guys put in a lot of hard work, time, research and effort to solving each and everyone of our issues, so why don't we give them the respect and courtesy they deserve and showing our appreciation by being transparent. They are angels in disguise. Where would we be without them?

(No i am not kissing ass, i have nothing to gain by it. Yes i have filed a case against a company and i am not trying to persuade FPA in my favour. I hope these answer the questions in your head).

If you lost your money trading fair and square, do not label that company a scam because your a sore loser. Dont want to lose? either stop trading or find a 100% loss proof system (good luck)

All i am asking is, please before labelling a company a scam do some research before opening a case. Its quite hard to differentiate between companies that are real scammers and a company thats late in delivering our withdrawal.

I know I'm going to get a few not so nice replies, so be it. Big girls dont cry. I can handle the criticism.

I look forward to your replies. Nasty or nice.

Zach6210

I actually agree with you, using the word "SCAM" for every little issue you have with a broker will reduce the power of the Scam Alert Folder

You do have raised a good point

In general, I agree. The difficulty is that each case is different. Some are obvious abuse of the trader, some are obvious unrealistic expectations of the trader, and a whole lot fall somewhere in between - at least when they are first posted.

Personally, I wouldn't open a thread against a company unless I had a serious issue and could get no sign of a possible resolution by a minimum of 3 contact attempts over a span of at least 10 business days. Obviously, there have to be some exceptions - if I filed for a withdrawal and my broker's website goes offline and all email to them bounces, then waiting 10 business days before sounding the alert would seem like a bad idea.

The good news is that most unwarranted complaints fall by the wayside very quickly. If an issue is resolved, AsstModerator or one of his minions gets the thread titles edited pretty quickly.

Back