Resolved - Issue with Fortress Fund Money Manager & Knight Capital Forex Brokerage

Hi, I think it is quite easy to conclude that those guys at Fortress Fund and Knight Capital are Scammers of first class. I believe it is Ponzi inspired. I will elaborate why i think so:

1. After reading all the comments, it is for me "clear" to see what seems to be going on. After account opening and funds are made from a client, Fortress immediately open hedged positions so that they instantly know that the clients money are locked in, and cannot be withdrawn, due to the written context in the MAM agreement. So know they know that the money are there and until further untouchable. But that does not mean that all clients does not get their money...In Ponzi you pay out to clients with fresh money, that will come in. So if one can lock the money as they do, they have controll and can now pay who they want, and put others on waiting list until fresh money is coming in.

2. The reason they get fresh money, is that they present fantastic results. How can they do that and show it on a respectable site like MyFxBook. The reason is (according to my studies) that any white label broker (a broker that franchise on another broker / liquidity provider) has acces to all meta data on the system. Only if you are licensed user of Metaquotes you can do that. But it is inexpensive to be a white label customer, and hence get acces to "backoffice" and do the manipulation.

3. I personally contacted this Knight Capital, asking them if they had a office in Finland, and their address. I got an address and googled it. It is a virtual office address, where you can have a office for a few bucks a month.

I simply see to many re-flags in all this, and i would personally NEVER invest with a company like this.

Tell Knight Capital that you are revoking the LPOA for FortressFund and that as a client, you are entitled to the master password. Post their response here.

Hi, I think it is quite easy to conclude that those guys at Fortress Fund and Knight Capital are Scammers of first class. I believe it is Ponzi inspired. I will elaborate why i think so:

1. After reading all the comments, it is for me "clear" to see what seems to be going on. After account opening and funds are made from a client, Fortress immediately open hedged positions so that they instantly know that the clients money are locked in, and cannot be withdrawn, due to the written context in the MAM agreement. So know they know that the money are there and until further untouchable. But that does not mean that all clients does not get their money...In Ponzi you pay out to clients with fresh money, that will come in. So if one can lock the money as they do, they have controll and can now pay who they want, and put others on waiting list until fresh money is coming in.

2. The reason they get fresh money, is that they present fantastic results. How can they do that and show it on a respectable site like MyFxBook. The reason is (according to my studies) that any white label broker (a broker that franchise on another broker / liquidity provider) has acces to all meta data on the system. Only if you are licensed user of Metaquotes you can do that. But it is inexpensive to be a white label customer, and hence get acces to "backoffice" and do the manipulation.

3. I personally contacted this Knight Capital, asking them if they had a office in Finland, and their address. I got an address and googled it. It is a virtual office address, where you can have a office for a few bucks a month.

I simply see to many re-flags in all this, and i would personally NEVER invest with a company like this.

Any update of response on your case?

The name caused me thought it's scam broker.

Really ! name made you think it is a scam? so you decide or think by looking at names? Strange
I can't think by looking at names, I mean can we think a broker is good by looking at name ...

Tell Knight Capital that you are revoking the LPOA for FortressFund and that as a client, you are entitled to the master password. Post their response here.
Hi

I am revoking the LPOA from Fortress Fund for my account. Please can you send me my master password?

======================================
Thank you for your message.

Your account can be detached from their MAM immediately upon closure of all their trades which they will need to close.

We can then immediately revoke access/provide you the MT4 Master PW.

Thank you!

Warm regards,

Ali - 24x7 Support Desk

X-YOnWuN0bk8RNA2UT8cy105lpjfMOKCwfBg-IerB69tj1cuIM2MgOPgstPS6Cj-t-BI_vaVEYHzEy93zzxxv1gSCWpk85Pbrhos2NXdd4AWhHyPr7Ik-WOmyo8RyXI7bOSQ0rfNvZBbZ01YV3DCSg-unz1-WK9l5Mugc-InmDRsX1eIu_1Z8cota6QvbnCXH-YFY2tH2dUUROo=s0-d-e1-ft

I think Knight Capital is correct in that, as is common practice and in standard T&C, you cannot detach your MAM account from Fortress Fund until all those open/still-running trades have been closed.

Take a screenshot of all the trades that are still running when your trading account was activated and, as soon as all of these trades have been closed, immediately contact Knight Capital to detach from Fortress Fund MAM.

I think Knight Capital is correct in that, as is common practice and in standard T&C, you cannot detach your MAM account from Fortress Fund until all those open/still-running trades have been closed.

Take a screenshot of all the trades that are still running when your trading account was activated and, as soon as all of these trades have been closed, immediately contact Knight Capital to detach from Fortress Fund MAM.

That is the problem here. Fortress Fund is not willing to close these positions and when compared with some other people's trades mine are slightly different trades.

Also I strongly suspect KCM involvement in this. As in my initial post, when I applied to KCM directly (not through the Fortress Fund link) I got an email from FortressFund to fund my new account.

That raised my suspicion in the relation between KCM and FortressFund. After I raised this issue in FPA for some reason i received email from KCM to fund my new account to a completely different email on which my first account is being opened.

• Year since: 2009
  • Headquarters: United States
  • Company registration: Fortress Capital Inc., United States
  • Regulation: NFA, CFTC
  • Notes: Introducing broker for ILQ, FXCM, GAIN Capital

Back