Resolved - Potential Scam from Pacific Option

fxyogi17

Recruit
Hello everyone,

Back in late January I was cold called by a company called Pacific Option - it sounded like I was being called by someone working in a busy call center (think boiler room). He offered his managed account binary services and to just try them out, I said no. A couple days later his boss called me Frank Bass apparently the CFO of the company, and told me he would take my account personally. He guaranteed my funds, with a written email to just try them out so I did very stupidly however deposited $1000, he made money, impressed me, then asked for another $4000 to make things more effective.

He would call me every time he placed a trade, and communicate with me frequently via email, Skype, and telephone. He managed to take the account from $5000 to $5790 quite quickly. One day the communication just stopped abruptly, I didn't think anything of it, he calls me back after I wrote him an email inquiring about his activity and he told me he was in a motorcycle accident and that he would be back in business shortly. He never came back in business, that's when I put forth a withdrawal on February 24, 2016. This withdrawal has never gone through, I've managed to get in contact with "support", but they keep stalling telling me they need to speak with the banking department and they would call me back etc..

I am very concerned that my money is being held hostage, their website seems pretty good and it looks like a lot of time and money has been put into it. I have also not been able to find anyone else complaining about being scammed by this company Pacific Option.

They also have an anti money laundering policy that they must follow set out by the Joint Money Laundering Steering Group. I had given these guys my passport, utility bill and driver's license which concerns me the most.

http://www.pacificoption.com/tradingg/

http://www.pacificoption.com/aml-policy/

I've attached some pics with important information my account balance, emails between me and Frank Bass, and some pictures of the website.

Attachments

• scamdoc2.png
    scamdoc2.png
    706.5 KB · Views: 1
  • scamdoc6.png
    scamdoc6.png
    103.5 KB · Views: 0
  • scamdoc4.png
    scamdoc4.png
    72.7 KB · Views: 1
  • scamdoc1.png
    scamdoc1.png
    86.7 KB · Views: 0
Two steps that you must follow

1st - Invite them to join this thread via email (Send email to every possible address).

2nd - Invite him via skype or any communication address you have for him.

How and when did you deposit?
I deposited with my Visa card, I have already spoken to the fraud department and they are looking into it. I had to submit any proof that I did in fact not lose the money I deposited, that I have attempted to withdraw, and that I have reached out to the company. I believe I have satisfied this request.

I made the deposit on January 24, 2016.

Why do you ask Pharaoh?

Thank you,

I asked, because the next thing I was going to suggest was contacting the issuing bank's fraud department. It looks like you are way ahead of me on this. :D

Don't let the bank slack on this. If you don't hear back within a few days, gently inquire if there are any updates. If they decide to reject your request, post the reason here. If they accept it, please let everyone know.

While you are bugging the bank, ask if there is anywhere to report cybercrime in your country. If they don't know, ask your local police. Also, file a report with eConsumer.gov. Post the report number so anyone else having the same problem can reference your report when they file one.

I asked, because the next thing I was going to suggest was contacting the issuing bank's fraud department. It looks like you are way ahead of me on this. :D

Don't let the bank slack on this. If you don't hear back within a few days, gently inquire if there are any updates. If they decide to reject your request, post the reason here. If they accept it, please let everyone know.

While you are bugging the bank, ask if there is anywhere to report cybercrime in your country. If they don't know, ask your local police. Also, file a report with eConsumer.gov. Post the report number so anyone else having the same problem can reference your report when they file one.

Ok Pharaoh I will take into account the information and advice provided. However if I could provide an update, a representative from Pacific Option did reach out to me and is trying to resolve the issue. It seems that the withdrawal for my $5000 USD is being processed as that money was debited from the account on March 18, 2016. Now lets see if I actually see the update on my Visa Card.

It seems the representative is genuine in trying to resolve my concerns. I will keep you guys posted. With that said Pharaoh what actions do you suggest I took at this point?

Thank you

Hello,
For us as a company this is something new, the first bad review that we have. It is no big deal but we take it as a very important thing due to the credibility we need as a trading company.

On friday 18th morning hours the 3 transactions made by user FXYOGI17 in our platform were reversed.

The following is a list of the reverted transactions IDs, Date of payment and amounts.

1. Amount: $500 Date: 21st of Jan 2016 17:02:04 Transaction ID: 11d5e4b1
  2. Amount: $500 Date: 21st of Jan 2016 17:29:51 Transaction ID: 11d5e725
  3. Amount: $4000 Date: 26st of Jan 2016 14:24:09 Transaction ID: 11faf486
These 3 reversals were made on Friday 18th during the morning hours (EST), please note that all refund may take up to 72 business hours for you to see them reflected on your account.

Our suggestion is to wait until Wednesday and call your bank and ask if they can track any refund made by Pacific Option back to credit card.

Back