Resolved | YourForexMentor.com - EthosTraders - AdventForex - Safe Currency - Cecil Robles

becool

Recruit
Fellow traders,

I would like to report a case that could be, in the best of cases, a really bad customer service or, if you're a bit more realistic, a fraud.

On September 19, I subscribed to a signal feed by Cecil Robles named "Safe Currency" for USD 197.00. This service comes with a 45 days money back guarantee (they ask for proof that the trades were placed).

On September 26, I received issue #13 of "Safe Currency", including two trades that I placed.

On October 5th, those two trades had hit the stop loss, I asked their support staff for the historical results of the first 12 issues of "Safe Currency". I asked again for the same information on October 10th. I have yet to receive this information.

Copy of the email sent to support :
-----------------------------------------------------------
Dear Lisa,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

The two first trades that I received in volume 13 of "safe currency" went into the stop loss...

Just to reassure me, could I kindly ask you for the results of the trades that were in the first 12 emails ?

Thanks in advance for your reply,
Kind regards,
Florian

On October 12, I received issue #14 of "Safe Currency", including two trades that I placed. One of them went into the stop loss, and I decided to manually close the last position because it was in profit.

As the customer experience was sub-optimal (no reply to my question for historical data, and 3 loosing trades in a row), I asked for a refund :
Dear Lisa, Dear Cecil,

I would like to ask for a refund for my subscription to "Safe Currency".

The reasons for my refund request are :
- Three loosing trades in a row
- I asked a week ago (and again on monday) for the past performance of "Safe Currency", and never received it.

Here is proof that I placed the trades :

[screenshots]

As you can see, I decided to close the GBPUSD trade manually as it was in a profit...

Thanks in advance for the refund.
Kind regards,
Florian

On October 14, I received the following reply :
Hello Florian,

I have received your request for a refund of the Safe Currency newsletter. We are certainly sad to see you go. I will initiate the refund process for you. Once your refund has been completed, you will be emailed an invoice confirming the refund.

Best Regards,
Lisa
Customer Support Manager
YourForexMentor.com

On October 17, I received issue #15 of "Safe Currency", even though I asked for a refund already. I manually unsubscribed from the Safe Currency mailing list.

On October 19, I asked for an update regarding the reimbursement :
Hi Lisa,

Any news on this refund request ?

The refund should be as easy as a few clicks using any credit card processing company...

Kind regards,
Florian

On October 21, got the following reply :
Hello Florian,

I am sorry, but I do not have any news on your refund at this time. We do hope to have your refund processed very soon.

Best Regards,
Lisa
Customer Support Manager
YourForexMentor.com

And to this day, I haven't received the refund I requested.

Either they are really slow in processing refunds, or are deliberately holding on to the money until I get tired of asking.

Thanks a lot to all for your support !
Kind regards,
Florian

Last edited:
Send Lisa a link to this thread. Let her know that all the traders at the FPA are watching.

How did you pay ?

Were you lucky enough to pay through paypal. I say that because their customer service is very efficient.

The picture on the front page at yourforexmentor shows a small desk in front of a wall.

It looks like a home office not really a pro office.

Keep insisting on your refund.

Credit cards issuers can also be very helpful in forcing refunds. Calling the issuing bank and explaining a situation like this can often get your account credited.

Getting better

Dear Pharao and AthenaFx,

Many thanks for your reply.

It looks like they finally reacted to my requests. Here is a copy of my latest correspondance :

On November 12, I wrote :
---------------------------------------------
Dear Lisa,

It's been over a month now, and I haven't received your refund.

Could you kindly and quickly credit my credit card with the refund amount ?

Thanks in advance for your cooperation,
Kind regards,
Florian

I got this reply on November 17th :
Hello Florian,

I do truly apologize for the long delay on your refund. We have been trying to catch up, and your refund should be coming soon. We very much appreciate your patience. We always honor our refund policy and you can be assured that you will receive yours. In the meantime, I hope that you are taking advantage of the trade copier service that Cecil has offered at no charge. If you would like some help getting this setup, please let me know.

Best Regards,
Lisa
Customer Support Manager
YourForexMentor.com

A few hours later, I received a refund confirmation and an invoice showing the refund.

The reply I just sent :
Dear Lisa,

Thanks for your reply.

As I have requested a refund, I don't feel like I have the right to continue using the products included in the product I bought. I therefore didn't try to use the trade copy service you mention. I also manually unsubscribed from the "Safe Currency" mailing list right after receiving a message that I shouldn't have received due to my opting out of your service.

Following your message, I received a refund confirmation and an invoice. That probably means that you have ordered your credit card processing company to credit my card. Thanks a lot for honoring your refund policy.

Kind regards,
Florian

My credit card account has not yet been credited, but I'm hoping that this will be resolved very soon.

I paid using a credit card, and have also contacted my bank for a charge back. We decided to wait a bit until starting the procedure.

I'll post an update when I get credited.

Cheers,
Florian

Dear all,

I'm glad to tell you that my credit card has now been credited with the refund.

All is well, even though the refund came 40 days after I requested it.

Cheers,
Florian

Hi Florian and all,
I'm relieved to hear that you did get your refund. I can't even get anyone to reply to my emails or my phone calls for 2 solid weeks. And yesterday yet another charge showed up on my card which I now have to close and get a whole new number so that no other charges can go on it.

The service I subscribed to was Currency Investors Club and though he is charging me, he's not even updating the trades or the website. It seems that Cecil is falling down on the job. I have about $600 at stake. If he refunds me I will update this post.

If you have any idea of a way to get hold of them - phone number or email that works better than another please let me know.

Thanks. So happy yours got resolved!

Lynne

Lynne R,
It would be best if you start your own thread, rather than reviving this year old one that was resolved.
You can reference this thread on your new one.
Please provide a specific link to the entity that you are dealing with, and some facts regarding your history with them.
Anthony Ingrassia, CTA
NFA ID# 0278164

Last edited:
Back