• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Problem SparenFX

I am having an issue with a company
I too just had my account closed. I have been requesting a withdrawal for almost two months but no money was transferred to my account. So, just today, I decided to look on the net for Mark Rice and Sparenfx and found this thread. I actually found a number for him. He operates under Deposit Capital 2700 Post Oak Blvd #2375 Houston, TX 77056 phone: 713-242-1956. I called it and spoke with Mark Rice. He was not surprised that I mentioned Sparenfx BUT claimed that they owe him money too. He also claimed that he was not one of the owners or had any part in the owenrship of Sparefx...!!! Has anyone here started any legal action against him? I'm in Canada by the way.

He was not surprised that I mentioned Sparenfx BUT claimed that they owe him money too. He also claimed that he was not one of the owners or had any part in the owenrship of Sparefx...!!!

This guy is a crook and a liar.
I'm in Europe and I don't know what to do.
It seems the funds are lost but I'll be happy if he goes to jail. Only to prevent him to start a new scam again.

All victims need to get in touch with the CFTC. If people don't provide information to regulators, then how are the regulators supposed to do their jobs?

The CFTC is taking a very dim view of offshore companies messing with US traders. IC3.gov feels the same way. Since Mark Rice is in Texas and seems to be involved, that also makes it even easier for the US Government to take action.

You could just throw up your hands and say "No one will help" and not bother to send any evidence to the authorities. Of course, that's what scammers count on over 95% of their victims to do.

Question for Pharaoh

Hello Pharaoh
All of investors in Sparenfx are non-American. Sparenfx does not take American citizens.
Is it possible for a foreigner ( non-American0 to file a complaint directly to CFTC against an American like Mark Rice especially the CFTC already has a case against him ( CFTC against Mark Rice and his company Financial Robotics)? I think this is part of the reason all of Sparenfx investors has not done any real action against him yet.

Thanks

Contact the CFTC investigator in charge of the current case against Mark Rice. Any information you give him may help.

Worst case, you've wasted a little time on the phone and/or writing some email. Best case, you help crack the whole case.

new probable victim

Hi,
this is the story:
I had two accounts at SparenFx from 2010.
One of them I didn't use from March 2011.
Other was regularly (apparently) operative and traded by my Account-manager until 11 September 2011.
For the firs one I regularly had monthly statement from SparenFx until 1 August 2011.
For the second one daily and monthly statement was sensed from SparenFx until 11 September 2011.
Now, I’ve tried to contact SparenFx using all emails address and I've sent them withdraws request in order to close the accounts.
Until now I had no answer.
Just now (quite late unfortunately) I've found this thread opened at FPA.

Unfortunately, from Italy I have difficulties to manage individually the problem.
I’m ready to give any help and participate in any collective initiative oriented to face the problem and get back our money.

For Adria

Something is very weird...here. Adria, did you say that your account is traded until August.
As far as I understand.. Sparenfx sent the retail exit form to retail investors to fill in the forms to exit in May, 2011... So it is weird that your accounts was traded until August. Are you institutional investors?
May I ask who is your money managers? The one who trades your accounts. Did you talk with your money manager yet? To find out if happens to all of the investors who have the money with your money managers?
I filled in the retail exit form since May, and I have not received anything so far.
Lou

for Lou

My last communication with SparenFX was with Liz Gonzales the 3/3/2011. (I asked for some lost daily statement and some times later she sent me them)
I’ve never had formal communication of retail exit from SparenFx nor I’ve compiled any retail exit form.
I’ve just had knowledge of it occasionally viewing SparenFx Web-site.
My first account was traded, as MAM-account, by traders of Mam-Managed-Forex-Accounts.com, but, due to a margin-call, they stopped trading it in February 2011. After that I’ve never trade anymore this account (due to it’s very low balance). Anyway I received the last monthly statement for this account the 1 August 2011.
The second account was traded as mam-account by Best Invest Corporation (BIC) until 11 September 2011 and I’ve regularly had Daily Statement from SparenFx until this date. After that the account was apparently abandoned, leaving many open trades.
At moment I can access this account using Metatrader terminal that looks working properly from my side and I’ve managed open trades by myself (It’s looks strange as must be a mam-account!!!).
Until now I’ve not been able to contact BIC in order to know anything about potential trouble with SparenFx.

Just few days ago I’ve sent withdraws request to SparenFx for both my accounts.

Back