A crosshair is a valuable tool that is used to determine the date, time, as well as the price level of the selected section in a chart. It can also be used to determine the number of pips between two points.
To activate it, you can press Ctrl + F, press on the wheel of the mouse, or click on the designated crosshair icon as shown in the picture below.
As shown below, the crosshair shows the coordinates of date, time, and price at a selected point.
When you click on the left mouse button, and you move the cursor, a line that links the two points will be shown. The information given in this line is as follows:
- the number of bars located between the two points
- the number of pips between these two points
- the actual value of the second point
In the example above, the crosshair shows the number of bars (6 of them), the number of pips between the two points (which is 90.1 pips or 901 points) and finally the price value of the second point (which is 110.946).
- How to add or remove the grid
- How to add or remove horizontal and vertical lines and view the objects list
- How to use the crosshair
- How to select different chart types
- How to customize appearance of charts
- How to create a chart template
- How to load a chart template
- How to view and move between multiple charts