How to view multiple charts in MetaTrader4
MT4 allows you to monitor multiple charts at once. An advantage of viewing multiple charts is that you can quickly do timeframe analysis where you are viewing one pair but on different timeframes.
The example shown below showcases multiple charts of GBPUSD, which are viewed on different timeframes.
Other than viewing multiple timeframes, you can view multiple currency pairs as shown below.
To view multiple charts, you can click on the Window tab located at the top navigation menu and navigate to your preferred option as shown below.
Alternatively, you can press Alt + R or click on the dedicated “Windows” icon as shown below.
How to move between charts in MetaTrader 4
When you are monitoring several charts, it can be a tedious and long process to click on each pair or to open a new chart each time. To avoid wasting time on this activity, you can use the following procedure:
- Load charts of all the pairs you’re interested in
- Load your template onto all the charts
- Press Ctrl + tab
This three-step process is really fast and will save you a lot of time.
- How to add or remove the grid
- How to add or remove horizontal and vertical lines and view the objects list
- How to use the crosshair
- How to select different chart types
- How to customize appearance of charts
- How to create a chart template
- How to load a chart template
- How to view and move between multiple charts