Alpari(UK) - withdrawals denied!

is this above statement really true? please what happened to the much talked about segregated account?

I have had a look a the present conditions for Aplari UK and I think they have been changed somewhat to what I remember!

Below is a relevant passage and it still seems to me that it is not all in the clients favour concerning their own money.

As I read it, a UK client has to go to the trouble of telling Alpari that they want their funds fully protected by UK law.

I don't know if this condition is legal or not!

6.4. Unless the Customer has notified the Company in writing to the contrary, the Company may hold Segregated Funds on the Customer’s behalf in a Segregated Account located outside the United Kingdom or pass money held on the Customer’s behalf to an intermediate broker, settlement agent or OTC counterparty located outside the United Kingdom. The legal and regulatory regime applying to any such person will be different from that of the United Kingdom and in the event of the insolvency or any other equivalent failure of that person, the Customer’s money may be treated differently from the treatment which would apply if the money was held in a Segregated Account in the United Kingdom. The Company will not be liable for the solvency, acts or omissions of any third party referred to in this clause.

Here we go folks!!!....
They didn't even wait the "7 business days" they said they would.

On this evening, they debited one of the two accounts by the sum they thought it was made with "unfair" trading.

2011.07.04 18:56 Indemnification -1 796.25 €

I assume they will also proceed with the other account (22k €) on tomorrow.
This is absolutely absurd, all my accounts are blocked, I cannot do anything with that money, was is it necessary to debit it also before the resolution of the dispute ???

Why Alpari doesn't even have the guts to reply to this thread or contact me before doing what they want to do ??

ALPARI CLIENTS, PEOPLE, WAKE UP .... IS THIS A SERIOUS COMPANY ??
Is this what you want by a "REGULATED" company ??? I then prefer a random named company based somewhere in the ocean .... it will sort the same effect!!!

As expected, Alpari debited on my account the sums they think that correspond to "unfair profits"

ACCOUNT1
2011.07.04 18:56 Indemnification -1 796.25 €

and

ACCOUNT2
2011.07.05 10:37 Indemnification -22 230.00€

After my last email they said that their legal department was preparing an email as a reply, up to now, I haven't received any communication from them and they simply debited the accounts.

This is Alpari, people be aware!

gonna make sure all my friends know of this incident with Alpari , thanks for posting

The below is an official statement by Alpari (UK) Ltd:

Alpari UK has recently uncovered an intermittent pricing error in the DE30 instrument, manifested over a short period of time.
We have subsequently discovered that 3 individuals, seemingly acting in concert, and one acting alone, have been actively targeting this error.
It is those individuals, and those alone, from whom we intend to recover their illegitimate profits.

Of all Alpari UK’s many thousands of active client accounts, only 4 clients were subject to an investigation.
All of these accounts showed trades were placed at a demonstrably favourable advantage to actual market prices in over 95% of cases, and no account investigated placed trades that did not enjoy this advantage in less than 80% of trades placed in this instrument during this period.

We do not believe that these statistics support behavior which was either a coincidence, or that this advantage was unknown to the participants.
The DE30 is based around an exchange-traded product whose prices through the trading period are a matter of Public Record, and thus our position can easily be verified against the information published by the Complainant.
The mean value in pips for these averaged between +4.04- +4.9 pips per account, over all trades with difference per individual trade of up to 65pips over the market price existing at that time.

We have honoured the trades of all other participants in this market in the belief that the trades were placed honestly and within the spirit of the Customer Agreement and Terms of Business of Alpari UK.

Alpari UK has many thousands of customers, and we pride ourselves on the excellent service given by our Back Office Team in processing payment requests, over 99% of which are remitted within one working day of receipt. Any suggestion to the contrary is completely without foundation.

Alpari UK would like to stress that we have a very large client base and cases such as this are extremely rare.

This matter has now been referred to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) within the UK with whom we are closely working on this issue for a fair and binding solution.
Once their decision has been reached Alpari UK will be happy to adhere to their final resolution to this issue.

Alpari UK will not be commenting further until the FOS have ruled on this matter.

Alpari (UK) Ltd.

oh yeah i've been where you are i opened a alapri uk Account in my first year of full time trading, i was Good but not as good as i am now. and even during slow periods like around 6pm i would get re-quotes sometimes i was locked out enabled to connect to their MT4 servers. at the end of my first week my $1000 was $9.45 unable to open any trades i keep the account open for use of their free features to account holders and to remain me never to trust a broker like alpari uk.

Alpari UK has recently uncovered an intermittent pricing error in the DE30 instrument, manifested over a short period of time.
We have subsequently discovered that 3 individuals, seemingly acting in concert, and one acting alone, have been actively targeting this error.
It is those individuals, and those alone, from whom we intend to recover their illegitimate profits.

Of all Alpari UK’s many thousands of active client accounts, only 4 clients were subject to an investigation.
All of these accounts showed trades were placed at a demonstrably favourable advantage to actual market prices in over 95% of cases, and no account investigated placed trades that did not enjoy this advantage in less than 80% of trades placed in this instrument during this period.

We do not believe that these statistics support behavior which was either a coincidence, or that this advantage was unknown to the participants.
The DE30 is based around an exchange-traded product whose prices through the trading period are a matter of Public Record, and thus our position can easily be verified against the information published by the Complainant.
The mean value in pips for these averaged between +4.04- +4.9 pips per account, over all trades with difference per individual trade of up to 65pips over the market price existing at that time.

We have honoured the trades of all other participants in this market in the belief that the trades were placed honestly and within the spirit of the Customer Agreement and Terms of Business of Alpari UK.

Alpari UK has many thousands of customers, and we pride ourselves on the excellent service given by our Back Office Team in processing payment requests, over 99% of which are remitted within one working day of receipt. Any suggestion to the contrary is completely without foundation.

Alpari UK would like to stress that we have a very large client base and cases such as this are extremely rare.

This matter has now been referred to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) within the UK with whom we are closely working on this issue for a fair and binding solution.
Once their decision has been reached Alpari UK will be happy to adhere to their final resolution to this issue.

Alpari UK will not be commenting further until the FOS have ruled on this matter.

Alpari (UK) Ltd.

This is a good evidence of how shallow, wrong and incorrect your reasoning and your thesis is.

With a bunch of well typed words you're trying to hide yourself behind a finger: saying that Alpari has thousands of customers (irrilevant), stating that we 3 traders acted in concert (irrelevant and not big discover since I said that from the beginning, never heard about trading rooms ?)

But, honestly, the most ridiculous statement is this one:
"We have subsequently discovered that 3 individuals, seemingly acting in concert, and one acting alone, have been actively targeting this error.

Of all Alpari UK’s many thousands of active client accounts, only 4 clients were subject to an investigation."

This is the concrete and honest admission that ALPARI DOES have an interest on the outcome of the trades and of the investigations. We were just so (un)lucky to be affected by the bug, and all three of us made incorrect profits, out of the thousands and thousands of clients, it happened only to us three friends plus this unknown other client.

So, every other client connected to the same servers we were is not affected by the bug, or, more realistically: since they didn't make much profits or they likely lost, Alpari doesn't investigate on them. And, in the unlucky case they would complain about "incorrect prices" they wouldn't be allowed to because your terms of business say complains of this kind aren't accepted.

INCORRECT PRICE: you discover a client profit,you delete it
SAME INCORRECT PRICE: you discover a client loss, you keep it.
SAME INCORRECT PRICE: clients discover it, you keep it.

If you admit you had a bug on the quotations of an instrument, ok, it can happen, you DELETE ALL THE TRADES on ALL CLIENTS' ACCOUNTS, because if the transactions have to be deleted, you should have deleted both of the parts transactions. Are you trying to admit you do not cover your trades onto the real market and you provide "bucket shopping" ?

Otherwise, it's quite discussable that you only want to delete profitable trades (or profitable clients) and keep the loosing trades, don't you think so ?

Last thing, instead of reading your beatiful essay about "How Good, Fair and Beautiful Alpari is" , I would have preferred, that you answered my questions instead. All in all, we all know that Alpari is the best and cleanest broker on the market, and the customer protection inside of your Contract confirms it.

Regards

Absurd

Alpari
"Alpari UK has recently uncovered an intermittent pricing error in the DE30 instrument, manifested over a short period of time. We have subsequently discovered that 3 individuals, seemingly acting in concert, and one acting alone, have been actively targeting this error. It is those individuals, and those alone, from whom we intend to recover their illegitimate profits."

Eveyone considering opening an account with you must be a fool to do it after reading this. Pricing error in Dax30 recently uncovered...you mean you were giving WRONG PRICE to your customers, which you noticed after a customer decided to withdraw profits? FSA should close your shabby bussiness! BTW, what will you do with Lorenzo's profits? Planning to give them to the customers who lost money because of your 'pricing error'? If so, give the profits from the spread to me, as you were not a broker, but a drunk madman at these transactions!

Back