• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Problem Crunch time! My case with ICMarkets

I am having an issue with a company
Can you please provide one bit of information that would suggest that this happened or that our platform behaved differently to other brokers during this news release?

Can ICM do provide that?
Yes they can at the start of my issues with them on 5/Mar/2015 BUT they did not.

Can ICM do provide that?
Yes they can at the start of my issues with them on 5/Mar/2015 BUT they did not.

So you're saying IC Markets is guilty until proven innocent because we cannot prove that our spreads aren't different to other brokers?

In the real world a party is innocent until proven guilty and the onus is on the plaintiff (Rahman) to prove otherwise.

So you're saying IC Markets is guilty until proven innocent because we cannot prove that our spreads aren't different to other brokers?
In the real world a party is innocent until proven guilty and the onus is on the plaintiff (Rahman) to prove otherwise.

Is ICM guilty of gross negligent in not providing irrefutable proof to their client (when they have the opportunity and resources to do so) that spread widening did not happen only at ICM back-office server but at other ASIC regulated brokers too at the material date & time?
Absolutely!...but then, ICM have their own brand of justice for complaining clients.

Is ICM guilty of assigning inexperience staff to provide adequate and quality service to their clients?
Absolutely!

Is ICM guilty of gross negligent in not providing irrefutable proof to their client (when they have the opportunity and resources to do so) that spread widening did not happen only at ICM back-office server but at other ASIC regulated brokers too at the material date & time?
Absolutely!...but then, ICM have their own brand of justice for complaining clients.

Rahman, they provided the same information that they would provide to any client under these circumstances. I have dealt with similar cases in the past and done the same with the addition of some spreadsheets to explain the numbers. Normally this information is sufficient in help the client to understand how it is that they were stopped out. Your case is obviously very different as you are not interested the numbers, you're only interested in the spreads. We have our own spread data but not for other brokers. This is not an obligation for IC Markets , we do it to help ourselves in times such as these. Expecting us to store data for our competitors as well is expecting a but much.

Is ICM guilty of assigning inexperience staff to provide adequate and quality service to their clients?
Absolutely!

Our staff are more than capable of dealing with client queries and yours is no different. You have ignored the facts presented by our staff and myself and have opted only to believe your own theories.

Rahman, you know as well as myself that those spread graphs were taken from myfxbook. I used them as a reference rate. We cannot collect data from them from March 2015 although you are welcome to try. That data is available to anyone and you could have and should have collected it yourself when the stop out occurred if you were so convinced something wrong happened at that time. Our support staff who you dealt with didn't collect it at the time and this is reflective of their inexperience rather than them not willing to cooperate or hide facts from you.

Anyone reading this thread should visit the myfxbook page provided through the link below to see how USDCAD spreads widen during news. A comparison can easily be done with our competitors at the same time and it will be seen that we are not unique, all brokers spreads widen during the news.
Real IC Markets USDCAD Spread | Myfxbook
We have provided tick data from our platforms and our data is as good as any of our direct competitors here in Australia. You are yet to provide any data suggest that our rates differed from our competitors.

Absolutely GUILTY!

Absolutely Gulity!

Absolutely GUILTY!

Absolutely Gulity!

Rahman, so we're guilty of not providing you with extra, extra, extra special exceptional service? Are there any brokers globally who currently provide this spread data by default? This being the case please name one.

Our staff did provide good service in your case, they exercised exceptional patience and restraint given they were dealing with such a recalcitrant individual.

Rahman, so we're guilty of not providing you with extra, extra, extra special exceptional service? Are there any brokers globally who currently provide this spread data by default? This being the case please name one.
Our staff did provide good service in your case, they exercised exceptional patience and restraint given they were dealing with such a recalcitrant individual.

If ICM has employed properly trained and experienced Support staff, including senior position of Support Team Leader, then my issues with ICM would have been conclusively closed in Mar 2015.
Failure to provide irrefutable proof on ICM claim of purported widening of spread on USD/CAD at the material date & time prove beyond any reasonable doubt that ICM is grossly negligent & irresponsible in attending to and resolving their client's complaints.

If ICM has employed properly trained and experienced Support staff, including senior position of Support Team Leader, then my issues with ICM would have been conclusively closed in Mar 2015.
Failure to provide irrefutable proof on ICM claim of purported widening of spread on USD/CAD at the material date & time prove beyond any reasonable doubt that ICM is grossly negligent & irresponsible in attending to and resolving their client's complaints.

Rahman, name one broker who you have dealt with over your plethora of stop outs across several brokers and years who has provided this information by default or at all? For the avoidance of doubt please provide screenshots...

I'm probably going to regret this but I have to ask,I noticed you seem to be trading micro lots so how many positions were open to make a total of 6 lots at the time of the stop out?

Rahman, name one broker who you have dealt with over your plethora of stop outs across several brokers and years who has provided this information by default or at all? For the avoidance of doubt please provide screenshots...

As already mentioned at the very start of my issues with ICM, in over 5 years of trading with over 10 different brokers, this is the 3nd time (1st one with Trading Point as posted in an earlier post here) and 2nd & 3rd are all with ICMarkets (1st issue still left hanging and waiting for Sung Choi "get back" to me).
From my ICM account#317165 stop-outs record dating back to Mar 2014, I have at least 12 other account stop/wipe-outs (many with much, much bigger account size) which I never disputed nor have issues with because they all followed and went through margin-call, forced closures of largest to smallest losing positions, and then stop/wipe-out.
If I have 14 account stop/wipe-out on ICM account#317165 alone (I am not sure, but I think I had 5-6 other ICM accounts too), then you have an idea on how many account stop/wipe-outs I have had over the course of over 5 years in the forex market.

To answer your question: Apart from the issue with Trading Point which some years back which was quickly & amicably resolved, the only other broker I have such issues with is ICMarkets.
From a very well satisfied and happy client, since my issues started, I think ICM as I-See-Bucketshop because they cannot nor would they able to resolve my issues satisfactory and irrefutably until I started posting my issues at forums.

Back