Furion Global Trader Scam

Eddie.G

Recruit
Hi, I would like to share my story also regarding Furion Global Trader. Blame myself for not consulting my friend before doing trading and my lack of experience in this field.

I met this girl by the name 李雅琪 (pronounced as Li(2) Ya(3) Qi(2)) aka Van (her alias) in Facebook Dating back in March and we started conversation well. 'She' claimed that 'she' was one of DJI shareholder, developing unmanned drones for the company and using Forex Trading as a side income to invest in the company. After that we moved it to WhatsApp and talk to each other about our daily lives, our views, 'her' family tragic story and to the extend that 'she' shared a development rendering of a new drone project, voice talk and even called me. Everything seemed so surreal, never did I know that things start to get from bad to worst.

After 1 week of chatting, 'she' suggested teaching me how to earn more through FEM, being curious and also wanting to learn, I listened to 'her' and open an account at Furion Global Trader, my fault for not doing more research on the company. Put my first USD5K into the account and started trading. 'She' even asked me to withdraw USD88 from the account as 'luck', strengthen my thought that this company is legit. Few days later, 'she' claim that the amount earned is too less and asked me to deposit more money to hit the quota so that I can earn interest from the account while doing trades. Got into a huge argument after 'she' made me borrow money from relatives/parents/siblings to increase my account, obviously I didn't. 'She' just kept asking you to pump in more money in a relentless way. Eventually 'she' gave in.

Few days later, 'she' told me that 'her' uncle is some prominent trader based in US and had inside tips for the market, and urge me to make a deposit again for maximum profit. The catch is, 'she' helped me by depositing USD40k into my account using 'her' own money and bait me to deposit another USD5k into the account, which eventually I did. Trade went well and I added in another USD2K into the account. When I requested for withdrawal, I was apparently denied and the broker said there's suspicious activities in my account and freeze it. This is when I thought things are little suspicious, why could I continue to trade while there's suspicious activities? Eventually the broker gave me a crap reason, saying that because I'm adding monies with different currency into my account, 'they' suspect there's money laundering going on. I was like 'wtf?'. After explaining to 'them', 'they' get back to me that I need to top up another USD6k deposit through my own account in order to unfreeze it. That's when I knew 'Gosh, I got scammed!'. Few days later, a person claimed to be overseas police WhatsApp me on investigating my account for money laundering. By

Some of the tell-tale signs that I failed to pick up:
1) The company actually had various communication channels to top up your account through a local middleman, depending on where you are from. Middleman account will be provided upon initiation of deposit. However, you do not need for withdrawal.

2) While opening an account, they didn't ask about your Investment Risk Profile, which is unusual since all brokers will definitely ask for it. When created, I notice that those questions are automatically set to 'Yes'.

3) Abnormal candlestick reading, some are just ridiculously high and drop suddenly. If you don't compare with the A Book market and inexperience, you wouldn't be able to pick it up. They are running in B Book by the way, so when time is ripe, those scammers eventually deplete your account value using this method.

4) Instant execution. Apparently the broker is so smart by masking all the available choices you can make. However, if you chose other option, let's say you chose Market Execution, the 'Instant Execution' immediately disappeared from the list.

5) 'She' claim that she is from Taiwan, but 'her' number is actually HK country code.

6) Customer service hotline actually dropped me a message on the suspicious activities in my account and failed withdrawal. How the hell they know when in real situation, you are the one supposed to contact them.

7) The need to upload your own identification card to open an account with the broker. I don't know in this case what they'll be doing with my identification, really a bad idea and a red flag.

8) Claimed to be shareholder of DJI, but gave a AVIX technology Inc pdf, both are different company.

These are some of the things I've experienced and also consulted a friend that actually have experience in FEM. In total, I lost SGD18k, almost my entire savings for this expensive lesson. If not for that particular friend that I met up with and explain to me, I would've sink in even deeper. I hope that people can learn from my experience and not commit another silly, naive mistake of mine. This setback is not gonna stop me from touching FEM, but I'm going to pick up some lessons from my friend before venturing into it. I have added pictures of the scammer and also the so called police that is in charge of investigating money laundering case, it's in Chinese but if you require me to explain, I can do a reply. Police and bank report have been made although chances of getting my monies back are slim to none.

Attachments

• Scam1.PNG
    Scam1.PNG
    346 KB · Views: 28
  • Scam2.PNG
    Scam2.PNG
    336.5 KB · Views: 25
  • Scam3.PNG
    Scam3.PNG
    109.3 KB · Views: 24
  • Scam4.jpg
    Scam4.jpg
    723.4 KB · Views: 25
  • Scam5.PNG
    Scam5.PNG
    26.3 KB · Views: 27
I’ve been scammed by them too except mine is a guy. Claims to live at Sentosa and has an ‘uncle’ with insider information. He managed to make his conversations so believable and since I wanted to learn trading I guess I was the perfect target. Our convos also turned intimate and pictures were shared. After finally realising I was scammed (making trade and realising this was too good to be true) I ceased contact but he was relentlessly trying to find me back even threatening to upload my pictures. It’s to the point he is harassing me now. I’ve reported them and the numbers they used to both the police and bank. I doubt they can do anything much.

I’ve been scammed by them too except mine is a guy. Claims to live at Sentosa and has an ‘uncle’ with insider information. He managed to make his conversations so believable and since I wanted to learn trading I guess I was the perfect target. Our convos also turned intimate and pictures were shared. After finally realising I was scammed (making trade and realising this was too good to be true) I ceased contact but he was relentlessly trying to find me back even threatening to upload my pictures. It’s to the point he is harassing me now. I’ve reported them and the numbers they used to both the police and bank. I doubt they can do anything much.
If you are having a serious problem with a company, you should open your own thread in Scam Alerts and give details.

Why your own thread?

1. If the person who started this thread has their issue resolved, this whole thread will be marked as resolved.

2. Your thread can have a link from your review. This makes your issue more visible.

3. Issues can be different. Having your own thread makes it easier to get advice specific to resolving your issue.

Hi, I would like to share my story also regarding Furion Global Trader. Blame myself for not consulting my friend before doing trading and my lack of experience in this field.

I met this girl by the name 李雅琪 (pronounced as Li(2) Ya(3) Qi(2)) aka Van (her alias) in Facebook Dating back in March and we started conversation well. 'She' claimed that 'she' was one of DJI shareholder, developing unmanned drones for the company and using Forex Trading as a side income to invest in the company. After that we moved it to WhatsApp and talk to each other about our daily lives, our views, 'her' family tragic story and to the extend that 'she' shared a development rendering of a new drone project, voice talk and even called me. Everything seemed so surreal, never did I know that things start to get from bad to worst.

After 1 week of chatting, 'she' suggested teaching me how to earn more through FEM, being curious and also wanting to learn, I listened to 'her' and open an account at Furion Global Trader, my fault for not doing more research on the company. Put my first USD5K into the account and started trading. 'She' even asked me to withdraw USD88 from the account as 'luck', strengthen my thought that this company is legit. Few days later, 'she' claim that the amount earned is too less and asked me to deposit more money to hit the quota so that I can earn interest from the account while doing trades. Got into a huge argument after 'she' made me borrow money from relatives/parents/siblings to increase my account, obviously I didn't. 'She' just kept asking you to pump in more money in a relentless way. Eventually 'she' gave in.

Few days later, 'she' told me that 'her' uncle is some prominent trader based in US and had inside tips for the market, and urge me to make a deposit again for maximum profit. The catch is, 'she' helped me by depositing USD40k into my account using 'her' own money and bait me to deposit another USD5k into the account, which eventually I did. Trade went well and I added in another USD2K into the account. When I requested for withdrawal, I was apparently denied and the broker said there's suspicious activities in my account and freeze it. This is when I thought things are little suspicious, why could I continue to trade while there's suspicious activities? Eventually the broker gave me a crap reason, saying that because I'm adding monies with different currency into my account, 'they' suspect there's money laundering going on. I was like 'wtf?'. After explaining to 'them', 'they' get back to me that I need to top up another USD6k deposit through my own account in order to unfreeze it. That's when I knew 'Gosh, I got scammed!'. Few days later, a person claimed to be overseas police WhatsApp me on investigating my account for money laundering. By

Some of the tell-tale signs that I failed to pick up:
1) The company actually had various communication channels to top up your account through a local middleman, depending on where you are from. Middleman account will be provided upon initiation of deposit. However, you do not need for withdrawal.

2) While opening an account, they didn't ask about your Investment Risk Profile, which is unusual since all brokers will definitely ask for it. When created, I notice that those questions are automatically set to 'Yes'.

3) Abnormal candlestick reading, some are just ridiculously high and drop suddenly. If you don't compare with the A Book market and inexperience, you wouldn't be able to pick it up. They are running in B Book by the way, so when time is ripe, those scammers eventually deplete your account value using this method.

4) Instant execution. Apparently the broker is so smart by masking all the available choices you can make. However, if you chose other option, let's say you chose Market Execution, the 'Instant Execution' immediately disappeared from the list.

5) 'She' claim that she is from Taiwan, but 'her' number is actually HK country code.

6) Customer service hotline actually dropped me a message on the suspicious activities in my account and failed withdrawal. How the hell they know when in real situation, you are the one supposed to contact them.

7) The need to upload your own identification card to open an account with the broker. I don't know in this case what they'll be doing with my identification, really a bad idea and a red flag.

8) Claimed to be shareholder of DJI, but gave a AVIX technology Inc pdf, both are different company.

These are some of the things I've experienced and also consulted a friend that actually have experience in FEM. In total, I lost SGD18k, almost my entire savings for this expensive lesson. If not for that particular friend that I met up with and explain to me, I would've sink in even deeper. I hope that people can learn from my experience and not commit another silly, naive mistake of mine. This setback is not gonna stop me from touching FEM, but I'm going to pick up some lessons from my friend before venturing into it. I have added pictures of the scammer and also the so called police that is in charge of investigating money laundering case, it's in Chinese but if you require me to explain, I can do a reply. Police and bank report have been made although chances of getting my monies back are slim to none.

Sorry for your loss but what you have to do now is to report them.

Hong Kong: https://www.police.gov.hk/ppp_en/04_crime_matters/adcc/contact.html

Hong Kong SFC: HK SFC Online Complaint Form

Singapore: https://www.police.gov.sg/I-Witness

Taiwan: https://english.police.gov.taipei/cp.aspx?n=4C927E8874B0DDE8

China: http://cyberpolice.mps.gov.cn/ but need someone who reads Chinese to navigate

Work with your bank and see if you can retrieve some money out from it. Now that they fake being a Chinese police, it's important to let the Chinese authorities know too.

It's dreading and shameful but this kind of things can happen to anyone. Please do all your best to share your stories with authorities and prevent from future victims falling for this.

Below are some of the threads that share similar stories scammed by the same company that you had in contact with.

Don't feel discourage, that's what these crooks want all the victims to feel so, stay strong and report them.

Thanks for sharing your story.

Did you inform https://furionglobal.com/ about this girl and if yes then what reply you have received from them?
That company was flagged red for its' suspicious activities, no T&Cs, no legit email or phone under their corporate webpage. It's a total scam company. Even signing up for the account is dubious. I doubt contacting the company will do any help.

Sorry for your loss but what you have to do now is to report them.

Hong Kong: https://www.police.gov.hk/ppp_en/04_crime_matters/adcc/contact.html

Hong Kong SFC: HK SFC Online Complaint Form

Singapore: https://www.police.gov.sg/I-Witness

Taiwan: https://english.police.gov.taipei/cp.aspx?n=4C927E8874B0DDE8

China: http://cyberpolice.mps.gov.cn/ but need someone who reads Chinese to navigate

Work with your bank and see if you can retrieve some money out from it. Now that they fake being a Chinese police, it's important to let the Chinese authorities know too.

It's dreading and shameful but this kind of things can happen to anyone. Please do all your best to share your stories with authorities and prevent from future victims falling for this.

Below are some of the threads that share similar stories scammed by the same company that you had in contact with.

Don't feel discourage, that's what these crooks want all the victims to feel so, stay strong and report them.

Thanks for sharing your story.
Does reporting overseas really helps? I don't wish to have unnecessary troubles, it's been quite a traumatizing experience for me.

Does reporting overseas really helps? I don't wish to have unnecessary troubles, it's been quite a traumatizing experience for me.
I understand that’s traumatizing and it takes some time to digest what happened. However, the sooner you report the faster these authorities will work on the case. There are so many victims who has fallen to this and a lot of them have that mentality that reporting it won’t do anything and that’s exactly what the scammers want the victims to feel so, they can go on doing the scamming to others
It’s not a big hassle to file a report online, but at least they know that there’s one more victim who also fell through this.
Of course, you can only do it if you feel comfortable about it, but you reporting might accelerate the case for the authorities.

Back