How long did it take you to go from demo to live?

How long did it take you to go from demo to live?

• right away

Votes: 9 11.8%
  • 6 months

Votes: 44 57.9%
  • 1 year

Votes: 17 22.4%
  • 2 years

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • 3 or more years

Votes: 2 2.6%

• Total voters
I am not touching EUR/CHF or any and all CHF pairs with a ten-foot pole. I don't feel confident at all trading them.

It is a fact that trading in the CHF pairs is now being considered to be risky and we have to avoid doing that :D

It is a fact that trading in the CHF pairs is now being considered to be risky and we have to avoid doing that :D

I don't think that the CHF pairs being risky is a new occurrence, to be honest. I began trading years ago and even back then I was warned to be careful with those pairs.

JPY is my nightmare. :D
This currency has larger movement if compared with another currency, look on eurjpy today seems this is correction time, after last week down trend rapidly, now this pair move up and down on hourly timeframe but pair on bottom like already

It took me actually 3 months to move from demo to real account, I read free stuffs over the internet, such as babypips, forexfactory and so on, after 3 months of very good track record, I managed go from a $5K demo to a $25K.

I opened a $500,00 real account and in 4 days I reached $1.5K. I felt invincible, I thought I'd conquer the world..... on the next day I lost everything.

Then I was not happy with my money manager and I decided to revoke the LPOA and started trading the remaining balance of about $1.6K from the initial $3K managed account, after a week, the account jumped to $4.5K, BUT, on the very next week, I lost everything again.

So I decided to look for professional forex courses to help me understanding why I was not making consistent money on forex, I always had ups and downs and they always made me blow up my accounts.

First year of educational courses and nothing, I blew up another account of $500,00, second year came and I was still not making consistent money, I was having very good straight wins, sometimes 15 in a row, but the next 3 losses would burn all my profits and part of the capital.

Then the third year came and I was making consistent profit for 6 months, this time I want from $500,00 to $1.5K in 6 months time, not 4 days as before, then I decided to top upmy account to extra $10K from a bank loan.

What happened next? I start to overleverage my account and I was not trading with a SL, hoping the trades would go my way, for 3 months I held and the positions never came back to my entry, I ended up losing $4K.

After that, I realized that although I had professional educational courses, I had different mentors along the way, I was watching the analysts explaining the market every single day for over 10 hours a day, I was still carrying the bad habits that I learned when I was studying with free material over the internet. At that point was Jan 2015 and the SNB just released the unpeg to the euro and that crashed my the market and my account at Alpari UK was blocked for 6 months.

During this period, since my capital was blocked, I started to go through my courses over and over again, I watched the psychological lessons, I did one-one training until I was able to remove the main bad habits that I was carrying since the beginning of my trading career.

Now it's been almost a year period that I'm managing to be consistent profitable and I just managed to be one of the top traders for the Axi Trader Million Dollar Trader Competition, it's a relief to see the results, it took almost 4 years, but if I can give a suggestion is: Follow your dreams and never give up!!! Practice Practice Practice until you master!!!

This currency has larger movement if compared with another currency, look on eurjpy today seems this is correction time, after last week down trend rapidly, now this pair move up and down on hourly timeframe but pair on bottom like already
Yes, the fact that it has large movements is both good and bad. But I tend to avoid JPY pairs, or if I do trade I trade with lowest possible lot.

Yes, the fact that it has large movements is both good and bad. But I tend to avoid JPY pairs, or if I do trade I trade with lowest possible lot.
Still in risk consideration trade with lowest lot size, I think eurjpy also has small spread although tis is included as cross pair, sometime I am open on this pair with lowest lot size but not always

Still in risk consideration trade with lowest lot size, I think eurjpy also has small spread although tis is included as cross pair, sometime I am open on this pair with lowest lot size but not always

I would like to say that for the time being i am not doing any trades in the EURJPY :p

Back