How long did it take you to go from demo to live?

How long did it take you to go from demo to live?

• right away

Votes: 9 11.8%
  • 6 months

Votes: 44 57.9%
  • 1 year

Votes: 17 22.4%
  • 2 years

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • 3 or more years

Votes: 2 2.6%

• Total voters
I've been using the higher time frames, learned the hard way on the impossibility of a 20-pip stop on the longer-term trade; but staying away from the computer??!! As my doctor would tell you, my iPad will have to be surgically removed at death! ;) I'm legally blind, and although it's not affecting my trading, I use this iPad as my 1st assistant, secretary, communications, library, movie screen...even "kitty-sitter"!
It also just so happens that MT4 works REALLY well on it, (at least I haven't had any problems-had an outrageous spread a few days ago: I thought it was 4.7, it was EURGBP-BUT, it was actually 47 PIPS, DURING THE DAY!!) THAT is the broker though and I have to call them back tomorrow about it. They called me after I left a msg, but then I had appointments...
You might need to put your iPad in a safe and lock it for a week. After that it will be much easier. :D
Also, try not to trade exotic pairs as the spread will most certainly kill you from time to time. Better stick to more traded pairs and with minimal effort (again, using higher time frames) you can always end the month in profit.

You might need to put your iPad in a safe and lock it for a week. After that it will be much easier. :D
Also, try not to trade exotic pairs as the spread will most certainly kill you from time to time. Better stick to more traded pairs and with minimal effort (again, using higher time frames) you can always end the month in profit.

I like the fact that trading in the Exotic pairs is more dangerous and the main reason is the high spreads that can increase at any time :(

If you want high volatility then those pairs are the ones to trade.
Can you give some example for exotic pair?
So far I am never trade on exotic pair and most often trade on major pair like as eurusd, gbpjpy, eurjpy and sometime on gold

Can you give some example for exotic pair?
So far I am never trade on exotic pair and most often trade on major pair like as eurusd, gbpjpy, eurjpy and sometime on gold
Pairs like:
USD/SEK
USD/NOK
USD/HUF
USD/RUB (especially volatile pair),
and so on.

I'm staying away from those "exotics" you listed. I'm trying to concentrate on about 8 major/minor pairs that, so far, I've seen the greatest amount of volatility (over 4-5 months-a few have certainly had, or are currently in, periods of congestion). They're all mainly combinations of EUR, USD, GBP, AUD, NZD, CAD, & JPY. I'd like to be able to "get to know", so-to-speak, 4-5 pairs so well that I have a "feel" for what they do in certain circumstances like news events. But, I'm sure that's going to take awhile-watching, taking notes during events, and keeping my journal up to date to review trades.

Which reminds me....I've GOT to finish that this weekend...(the database journal I created-I have to transfer all my trades into it from the written journal I've been using)

Pairs like:
USD/SEK
USD/NOK
USD/HUF
USD/RUB (especially volatile pair),
and so on.
Thankyou to explained, so far I am never trade on these pair and still trade on major pair only, and sometime using cross pair like as gbpjpy, maybe exotic pair has more volatile isn't but also spread fee might higher than major pair.

I would say that trading with the USD pairs it is easy to get some income if the trends in the US dollar is known :D
Yes USD is easy and popular pair , traders get analysis and all updates easily . But one should not stick to only one pair he should try different pairs so that he can avail any good chance in any pair to make profits .

im not so sure about exotics, its like a new world for me, I tend to avoid the exotics pairs at hotforex, lately focusing more on gold and a couple of majors. thats about it.

Back