How long did it take you to go from demo to live?

How long did it take you to go from demo to live?

• right away

Votes: 9 11.8%
  • 6 months

Votes: 44 57.9%
  • 1 year

Votes: 17 22.4%
  • 2 years

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • 3 or more years

Votes: 2 2.6%

• Total voters
I am not fond of exotic pairs either. The popular pairs are easier to learn because there's information about them everywhere, so I prefer trading them. Yes, the exotic pairs are volatile, but I, personally, don't always get the logic of that volatility, so I mostly stay away from them.

Yes USD is easy and popular pair , traders get analysis and all updates easily . But one should not stick to only one pair he should try different pairs so that he can avail any good chance in any pair to make profits .
Mostly trader they prefer trade on usd like as gbousd, eudjpy, eurusd, etc, but if we open many cross pair like as gbpjpy, I see this pair has good average movement daily

Thankyou to explained, so far I am never trade on these pair and still trade on major pair only, and sometime using cross pair like as gbpjpy, maybe exotic pair has more volatile isn't but also spread fee might higher than major pair.
Also be careful on pairs like USD/RUB (and other exotic pairs) where swap can be higher than your projected gain.

I'm staying away from those "exotics" you listed. I'm trying to concentrate on about 8 major/minor pairs that, so far, I've seen the greatest amount of volatility (over 4-5 months-a few have certainly had, or are currently in, periods of congestion). They're all mainly combinations of EUR, USD, GBP, AUD, NZD, CAD, & JPY. I'd like to be able to "get to know", so-to-speak, 4-5 pairs so well that I have a "feel" for what they do in certain circumstances like news events. But, I'm sure that's going to take awhile-watching, taking notes during events, and keeping my journal up to date to review trades.

Which reminds me....I've GOT to finish that this weekend...(the database journal I created-I have to transfer all my trades into it from the written journal I've been using)
Getting to know few pairs is the best way to trade Forex. All main pairs' behavior can be easily learned, and their tendency to surprise is usually low (except JPY; that's a nasty beast).

Getting to know few pairs is the best way to trade Forex. All main pairs' behavior can be easily learned, and their tendency to surprise is usually low (except JPY; that's a nasty beast).
So I'm learning!! Didn't think USDJPY could go much lower and set a pending trade to get in on the first buy signal. Got the buy signal on a slight upwards bounce, then BOOM, DOWN it goes again!! Live & learn.... ;)

What ever the time is taken to go from demo to live account, it is always beneficial for the traders if they can win over the market to make consistent gains.

So I'm learning!! Didn't think USDJPY could go much lower and set a pending trade to get in on the first buy signal. Got the buy signal on a slight upwards bounce, then BOOM, DOWN it goes again!! Live & learn.... ;)
I usually stay away from USD/JPY (or any other JPY pair, for that matter), unless I'm really convinced it will go the way I think it will. But even then I open with the lowest risk with SL and TP in place. I've seen JPY pairs jump thousand and more pips in a day, don't want to get surprised. :)

I usually stay away from USD/JPY (or any other JPY pair, for that matter), unless I'm really convinced it will go the way I think it will. But even then I open with the lowest risk with SL and TP in place. I've seen JPY pairs jump thousand and more pips in a day, don't want to get surprised. :)

It is not just about the USDJPY pair but in fact many of the JPY crosses including the GBPJPY and the EURJPY have very High market volatility :)

Back