• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Problem Instaforex.com holding my funds for 45 days

I am having an issue with a company

Denn112

Private
INSTAFOREX ARE SCAMMERS. I MET THEM AT A TRADERS FOREX CONFERENCE, I'd expect all brokers to be veted before going to a conference so I did not research them before depositing money with them.. SCAMS!!!!

I joined this broker sometime around January. Their customer service was ok, I made a deposit of $170 on my account via my credit card, just to test their services. I made a profit of $240. I then ask for a withdrawal of $66 which I received.

This gave me confidence in this broker; well I lost all of my remaining balance of $174 in the month of February.

So I had to add fund to my account, so on the 1st of March, I made a deposit of $400, in steps of $200 all from my credit card over a one week period.

The reason for this being I lost my account balance of $200 I initially deposited, so I deposited another $200.

To stop losing I changed my trading strategy & increased my leverage from 1-200 to 1-1000. I took more risk to recover my losses.

Luckily my trading strategy paid of this time and I made a gain of $213 and increased my account balance to $513, so I recovered my losses quicker because of my increased leverage.

I asked for a withdrawal of $220 on the 5th of March. I used an EA on the 6th of March to trade the Asian session and due to an error my account balance of $293 got wiped out.

Confident with my new strategy, I funded my account with $100, I recovered my $293 loss after 2 trades using a leverage of 1-1000 on my $100 balance.

All of a sudden, I received an mail from Instaforex telling me that they have refunded my $220 withdraw back to my account for me to trade with. Read below the exact wording of their email.

“Your trading account 5189474 was replenished through a credit card processing center.
Recently you made a withdrawal request to a third party payment system

Please note that we allow withdrawing funds to a third party payment system 45 days after the date of last credit card deposit in order to protect your money from Internet fraud.

Your withdrawal request was cancelled and requested amount was credited back to your trading account for you to use it during the restricted period.

We are sorry for inconvenience this may cause you.
If you have any questions, please contact us by credit-cards@mail.instaforex.com.”
Best regards,
Automatic Notification Service
InstaForex Companies Group
Forex | Online Forex Trading | Currency Trading | Forex Broker

Afterwards I also received an email from their antifraud department accusing me of fraud. That I have to send a scanned coloured copy of my proof of id to them once again, I did send them a proof of id when I opened my account.

They then went ahead to disable my trading platform I have proof of open trades in profit of $558, I cannot close this trade because they’ve stopped all trading on my account.

I believe am a victim of scam by this broker, they claim they are safe guarding my fund from internet fraud, but in reality they as sitting on my fund and wont release it. They claim this fund was refunded to my account to use in the restricted period, but I cannot even trade because my account is disabled.

I no longer trust this broker with my money. As part of my money management, I withdraw my profit at the end off every trading day if I made a profit, but they want me to wait 45days to make a withdrawal. I told them the same account I used for my 1st withdrawal is what am using for my 2nd withdrawal so there is no cause for alarm, also it’s the same credit card I have been using since I opened my account with them, kindly check your records.

They have ignored any sense of reason because a client they expected to lose has made some profit.

I have written to them that they should close my account and send me all available funds in my account. But they’ve since stopped communicating and their excellent customers services has gone from good to bad.

So am still in the process of trying to get my money, its been 2weeks now, i will keep you updated if i manage to recover my money from this bucket shop brokers...

Getting InstaForex to listen to reason is very difficult. Apparently, they aren't that horrible, unless they flag your account for any possibility of suspecting you of anything. After that, you can end up talking to a brick wall.

Keep after them. If you are lucky, the usual idiots could take a day off and someone sane might actually read your email messages.

You may also want to have a chat with the fraud department at your credit card company. First, see if they'll send a note to Insta Forex explaining that all the deposits and withdrawals were initiated by you. Second, see if there's any option to recover some or all of your funds via a chargeback.

I guess I don't need to go into an in depth explanation why you should do your homework before picking your next broker.

i too experienced same they show on terminal money is withdrawn but its not deposited to respective details given to them and instead of providing genuine reason for delay they just know one answer withdrawal is processed i feel they are just taught that to say accnt no 8045695

I have deposited funds in my trading account using moneybookers. After that when I was talking to their support team, I did not feel comfortable and realized that they are not good. So I requested them to cancel my deposit and refund the money to my moneybookers account directly. But they asked me to wait for the deposit to happen and then i should make a withdrawal.
When i made a withdrawal, they said it will take about 7 hours, and later they started saying that they have a right to hold the funds for 45 days as per their policy.
My deposit and withdrawal is from the same moneybookers account, so there is no question of money laundering or anything.
They just said that they have a clause where they can hold funds for 45 days if it is an money laundering case. When i tried to explain that there is no money laundering involved and it is very clear case, they said they don't need to give any explaination.

I have deposited funds in my trading account using moneybookers. After that when I was talking to their support team, I did not feel comfortable and realized that they are not good. So I requested them to cancel my deposit and refund the money to my moneybookers account directly. But they asked me to wait for the deposit to happen and then i should make a withdrawal.
When i made a withdrawal, they said it will take about 7 hours, and later they started saying that they have a right to hold the funds for 45 days as per their policy.
My deposit and withdrawal is from the same moneybookers account, so there is no question of money laundering or anything.
They just said that they have a clause where they can hold funds for 45 days if it is an money laundering case. When i tried to explain that there is no money laundering involved and it is very clear case, they said they don't need to give any explaination.

Yes, it is correct.

We are Insta Forex affiliate partner for more then 3 years, and we do same think (for some other reasons) like you do (also trough Skrill) and we face with same problem.

It is true that it is their policy you can read about that I believe at FAQ.

We have also get notice that it is laundering prevent case. It happen because you have deposit money via Skrill. They have very strictly laundering policy.

Try to pass both verification process with Insta Forex, and then also request withdrawal, also if your Skrill account is not verified, verify that immediately. Also contact skrill, you can open an dispute with them, but they will surely ask you why you do that, also there may show problem how you have found your Skrill account etc... Please note that, if Insta Forex back you money before 45 days, it will be blocked by Skrill for same reason.

Anna

I agree. Contacting Skrill/MB to make sure there's no problem on that end is a VERY good idea. If there is no issue between you and Skrill, then let Skrill know what InstaForex is doing to you.

I agree. Contacting Skrill/MB to make sure there's no problem on that end is a VERY good idea. If there is no issue between you and Skrill, then let Skrill know what InstaForex is doing to you.

I am not sure if Moneybookers can do anything in this case as the money is not with them. I will still try to contact them and make them aware of this case. I hope there is something which can be done. I have asked Instaforex to let me know if there is anything that I can do to make them believe that my account is proper and there is no case of laundering involved in anycase. I will just email moneybookers and see what they can do to help me here.

In the mean while, if anyone gets any other idea or knows what I can do to get my funds back sooner, please let me know.

Thanks.

Keep complaining, but in a calm and civilized fashion. Make sure InstaForex knows you aren't going to give up. Ask them for details of why they are doing this.

Keep complaining, but in a calm and civilized fashion. Make sure InstaForex knows you aren't going to give up. Ask them for details of why they are doing this.

I tried contacting Instaforex, but haven't heard back from them in last 24 hours, will email them yet again.
Also contacted moneybookers, but they haven't replied yet (about 12 hours now).
Is there no other way to get this sorted?

Back