1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Plus 500 scam

Discussion in 'Scam Alerts' started by dasser, Feb 29, 2012.

1. Pharaoh

Pharaoh Colonel

It's generally a good idea to open a new thread for a new issue instead of joining on to an existing one.

If the original poster declares the original issue to be resolved, the whole thread gets marked as resolved, even if there are 10 other issues brought up by 10 other traders inside of it.

2. dasser

dasser Private, 1st Class

....The issue has NOT been resolved... I still haven't received any of my money back....

3. Pharaoh

Pharaoh Colonel

Glad to see you are here, but my advice still stands. Saying "I'm having a similar issue" in another person's thread can be helpful, but to get a specific issue given full attention, it should have a unique thread.

4. jrmch

jrmch Recruit

just be careful!!!

It is very unclear the way it all works, I lost all of my money in 1 day! - safer just to bet on the horses than give your money to these lot

5. Sensei1

Sensei1 Recruit

I know this thread is a bit old but maybe this comes as good news for some that plus500 is now under FCA investigation again. News is from Sept 2014.

6. Pharaoh

Pharaoh Colonel

They got fined for over £200,000 by the FCA in October. There may be more interesting news from the FCA soon.

7. Jue1970

Jue1970 Recruit

https://m.facebook.com/Plus500-complaints-779776888799201/?ref=bookmarks
    Don't trust Plus500. They change your margin settings without telling you so the very second you drop below required margin you get wiped out. This wasn't always the case. In the beginning I was given time to get logged on and feed my account then one day they changed the settings unbeknown to me and I was wiped out for thousands. They then change the way you see your money going up and down and replace that with "value" which is worthless. I have emailed now repeatedly for months asking for an explanation as to why my settings were changed and I am being totally ignored. My friend can still drop below margin and have time to feed account but he never has much money in but I am wiped out as soon as they can do it. I have a reported monitoring all my emails that I've sent them and it's more than clear I'm being ignored. This Plus500 is a scam and it will do what it can to steal your money. It's after your money and doesn't play fair. I'm very happy that a reporter is going to run a story once we have gathered more info. I don't mind losing money when it's my own fault but not when I'm conned out if it. I will continue to request explanations to why they change settings without prior warning but I do not hold out much hope of getting my answer. Just one other thing. When you first start trading you will be allowed to buy small amounts and then without warning they set your limit to no less than £100 so that you get wiped out quickly. Watch Plus500 they are crooks.

8. Pharaoh

Pharaoh Colonel

Look through your signup emails with the company and try to determine which regulator your account is under.

9. oscarra

oscarra 2nd Lieutenant

10. Pharaoh

Pharaoh Colonel

The clone firm mentioned didn't appear to have a website, just an obviously fake email address.