Resolved - Trader XP - refusing to return intial deposit

Sounds like a possible defect in an account manager to me. :p

Simon, please leave a followup and let everyone know if the money arrives.

Well, so far so good. Since inviting TraderXP to this forum, I've had swift responses and it seems like my withdrawal is being processed. The transaction is supposed to be complete in 5 days, I'll update then.

Well, two weeks later and half the money has been refunded back to my credit card, with assurances that 450€ will be transferred to my bank account and the remaining 500€ will be refunded to my credit card in a separate transaction. Although the process is being drawn out and seems unnecessarily complicated, the communication from customer service has been prompt and professional.

Hopefully next post will be good news. Until then, the champagne is on ice :)

Quick update to this thread...

Since contacting Forex Peace Army, Alexandra Torres from Trader XP customer service has been dealing with my withdrawal request, and she has been extremely professional and communicative throughout.

I now have 3/4 of my money back, with confirmation that the remaining payment is on its way. Although it has taken an unecessarily long time (3 months now!), I am satisfied that at least Trader XP has demonstrated a willingness to do the right thing.

I will confirm when this last payment comes through.

Its good to see progress. I am left wonderig why they can't pay you all of your money at once.

I have no idea why they have made this process so complicated, and now after all the emails back and forwards, it seems like they are unwilling to return the rest of my money, citing "transaction failed" as the reason on numerous SWIFT transfer and Neteller transactions.

Then, to top it all off, I receive an email today saying that a trade I placed was unsuccessful. I haven't touched my account for four months. Anyone who is thinking of investing money with Trader XP, please stay well away... they are not to be trusted with other people's money.

Back