WaveRider - Back to Basics - S/R, Price Action, MM, Smart Exits, One Indicator, and patience...

A live trade I'm in now

Short Entry: 1.2562, SL 1.2582, TP 1.2526
Rationale: This level is the confluence of two fib extensions and coincides with an area of likely fresh supply in blue. The TP is near the next lowest noise. Risk is 3% of account value or a little less. Price will hesitate here for sure but may not go my way. The day's thrust up is probably over by now. I caught yesterday's big move up woohoo. Hope to get a few more today.
There was a really great area of unused supply at the top of a rally-base-drop that had a great pull back. Its the next lower top to the left of current price at the top of the left most fib snap. Wish I had noticed it before. Awesome R:R, decisive down and hesitant up. It's okay, there will be more.

Attachments

• S and D working.png
    S and D working.png
    31.3 KB · Views: 7
Moved stop past break even a little so this is a garanteed win. I only opened one position so I can't take partial profits. I could probably scale into this but I'll likely let it ride as it is. This is a counter trend trade so I'm happy to be at BE.

It stopped me out with a baby profit. My live account is now at an 8 month high. I'd like to get in on a pull back and go long scaling in as Sive's more recent chapters suggest doing. What a great way to keep risk down and let profits run. I'll post those trades in detail since I want to make sure I've got a good rationale and trading plan.

Tomorrow and Friday - a prediction

This is the 4h and shows the next price pivot zone or area of supply and demand imbalance is about 1.2650-65. This also is the confluence of two fib ret. levels and one fib ext. level. There is no real down pressure now at 1.2570 and so:
1. Price will retrace a little tonight, go to 1.2650-65 tomorrow and
2. Price will bounce back pretty hard at that level to at least the 382 before complete reversal or continuation.

This is a quiet lonely traders log. If Along or Rahman or any one else wants to chime in feel free. Anyone with good PA setups, feel free to post. I miss you guys!!!

Attachments

• S and D working.png
    S and D working.png
    30.8 KB · Views: 5
Live account
So i'm in now. Got two open positions at 1.2571, the bottome of last night range, went long, took profit on one position at 1.2608, moved stop to BE, then set it to trailing stop. It's at 1.2620 now. I have a hard TP of 1.2628, the 618 fib ext of the most recent move.
So I'm garateed profit on this since I took profit and stops are past BE. Risk was 4% but it is such a small account I couldn't go smaller. Potential reward is about 6%. Already positive about 2% or better.

Are we forming another area of consolidation?

First is the weekly. These consolidation areas are about 350-550 pips on this pair, EURUSD. The regions in blue are other consolidation areas. Are we about to form another area? If you zoom in, you can see why they bounce around often. The second is the daily. See the first top created a price pivot zone full of fresh supply so the next time the price tesed it, it wasn't able to pass. The third top reacted the same way. It means if price returns here we're likey to get a really good bounce off this ceiling, the whole zone has a black rectangle. Even if that celing were penetrated, there are two more areas of down pressure on top to protect the stops. A new trader will see that third top and think if price breaks it, the market should continue up but that's really unlikely. That's how new traders buy boats and summer homes for pro traders.
In these area, especially on the daily chart, you could pretty well use the MACD and trade it exactly as the indicator calls it. That's PA sacriledge! That zone lasted for three months and was a product of two strong areas of supply and demand that caught the price and the resulting bear/bulls struggle.
BTW, I'm removing the 200EMA from my charts. I will continue to use PA in conjuntion with confluence of fibs, and weekly and monthly pivots, the way Sive does. For now, that is how big bankers are making their decisions so it's useful to know who's moving the market.
Indicators: None for now. Not even the MACD until I think we are in a consolidation area, though I have no reason the think that yet.
Just weekly and monthly pivot points with no PP1 and PP2 business, fib retr and exp. Trendlines and channels.
Want to explore more on harmonics for setting SL's and getting in. Want to practice scaling in. Scaling in was my big Ah-ha this week. Thanks Sive Morten!

Forex is about 1) Which way is it going 2) How far will it go 3) When will I know I'm wrong 4) What position method can I use to maximize the profit if I'm right or mostly right 5) How much will I risk on being right and is it worth it?

If you have a trading plan, there is no need to be afraid of losing. You will be comfortable that the risk you took is worth the potential reward. Proper trade management will help from turning winners into losers. I caught this big down movement off the weekly chart and bailed early with only a little profit because I was afraid of it reversing on me. With proper trade management, I could have locked in profits and kept some smaller portion of the overall position open for the 800 pip move that resulted and let the price stop me out. I got 100 pips of an 800 pip move, risked 300 pips. Proper managment would have let me stay in risk free for the entire thrust. Hard to lose when you're in risk free. I got stopped out of two trades this week but they were both positive because I took some profit and moved my stops. Nice to see a red box in the MT4 trade history but still have the trade positive!
Didn't trade today because I don't have any idea what the market will do. Price broke the channel to return to the center of the over bought oversold region just like Sive predicted. Up? Down? No idea. For anyone new to trading who may be reading this, watch about 50 of Sive's videos this weekend and take notes. He keeps spouting little tidbits of typical market behavior that would take years of reading and trial and error to learn. Maybe I'll do the same.
Had a great week in Forex. Hopefully many more. Going on 9 months consecutive positive. (Had draw down in the demo because of trying new strats but live is positive). Thinking about funding the account more....Good weekend everybody.

Attachments

• indecision.png
    indecision.png
    34.9 KB · Views: 5
  • boxes under boxes.png
    boxes under boxes.png
    27.4 KB · Views: 9
Sive says it looks up. The J16 method would say we don't know. Should wait until a bearish or bullish candle forms. We'll probably get some pull back at 1.2630 since that was the beggining of the steep drop from the gap up.

Attachments

• 6-14-12.png
    6-14-12.png
    23.1 KB · Views: 7
EUR/USD: Great bullish engulfing bar formed last week on the weekly chart. Will look for long Monday. Daily shows three great thrustng bars up, indicating sentiment is up. Want a litle pull back before entering. Target would be at least 1.2417. This is into the next price pivot zone. I will look to have at least two positions open to allow taking profit early and moving stops to BE.
There is an incomplete ABCD just below last weeks move at 1.2 but the price actions suggests the market isn't interested in completing it for now.

Hope you are correct in that "little pull back" before the "three great thrusting bars up" as I am caught with a few shorts positions over the weekend :(

Glad to see you are trading well WaveRider ;)

Cheers, and have a fantastic pips filled week ahead.

Yay, Rahman came back! Where the heck did Along go? I think he gave up and is letting someone else trade for him. Which may be better than losing one's own money? I don't know.
In your favor and mine for a correlating pull back, EUR/JPY just finished a 3 drives pattern on the 4h and should also pull back to about 96.02, the confluence of the weekly pivot and the 382 retr. of the move up. Now at 96.63, I'll short right at market open with a tiny position to this point. This is a counter trend trade so I may close it early or trail stops close, maybe 20 pips.

Back