Are you looking for excuses?

So the answer to your question has long been described in trader psychology.
Conventionally, the process of experiencing losses by a trader can be divided into four stages.
So, what you are talking about, namely the search of excuses for their failures, refers to the first period, let's call it "Denial".
At this stage the trader sort of softens the psychological impact of the obtained loss. He begins to convince himself and others that this is not his fault. The deal was closed with a loss for reasons beyond his control. The trader will never admit that he/she made a mistake when opening the trade order. This stage in itself is not dangerous, as it does not stop the trader and he continues to trade. After passing the denial stage, the trader changes his approach to losses. He already begins to look for the causes of a losing trade in his trading system.
The path to acceptance also involves anger, bargaining, and depression.

This is the problem of many losers.
These people always blame other things or people for their failures.
If he doesn't earn enough, it's a bad job
No love - all women or men are the same (bad)
And a lot of other things like that...
If a trader loses money in the market, it's the trader's fault.
Even if this broker is dealing deskk, the trader himself is guilty of choosing this company.
So guys, learn to take responsibility for your actions!

I try to avoid doing that because most probably the issue is with my trading system, not with the broker, market. I stick to the view that trading is extremely hard business and it means you will surely meet many obstacles.

Documenting your trading decisions can help you make changes to your trading strategy, ask yourself why did you decide to open that trade? the answer can help you understand what went wrong and how to adjust for the next trading opportunity.

Back