Are you looking for excuses?

In my younger days I blamed other people for my excessive drinking I was a right little ***** ! Apologies for the swearing

I feel that looking for an excuse is just the first natural reaction to the failure. I try to fight with that, because logically I understand that finding the excuses is getting me nowhere, so after some psychological unrest I start analyzing my past deals and finding the real reasons for the failures to happen.

Loss is part in trading. where sometimes loss is inevitable, but here as traders have to control their risk in trading based risk management plan that will be implemented, trading forex like how to manage money to make money, this is not an easy job, but very challenging.

If you are an adult and accept responsibility, there can be no question of any excuses.
Only you're responsible for your trading, your earnings, your emotions, your life and so on.

perhaps... it's a distinguishing trait of all the traders :D basically, it's just a protection function of your brain, when you are looking for the excuses, you relieve the burden of your brain. Your brain, when you lose a position or several in a row, try to find the excuses and you do it unconsciously. Nevertheless, there are some tips how to control such a behavior, because it's quite harmful not to admit your mistakes.
You should make several breaths in and breaths out and afterwards think wisely what was wrong with the position and why did it fail? Admitting and digesting mistakes is an inseparable part of your development as a trader.

So the answer to your question has long been described in trader psychology.
Conventionally, the process of experiencing losses by a trader can be divided into four stages.
So, what you are talking about, namely the search of excuses for their failures, refers to the first period, let's call it "Denial".
At this stage the trader sort of softens the psychological impact of the obtained loss. He begins to convince himself and others that this is not his fault. The deal was closed with a loss for reasons beyond his control. The trader will never admit that he/she made a mistake when opening the trade order. This stage in itself is not dangerous, as it does not stop the trader and he continues to trade. After passing the denial stage, the trader changes his approach to losses. He already begins to look for the causes of a losing trade in his trading system.

Back