GUILTY Case# 2011-011 | m4re vs www.avafx.com

Based on the available evidence, do you believe that AvaFX is guilty?

• Guilty

Votes: 80 96.4%
  • Not Guilty

Votes: 3 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
ℹ️ Info ⭐ Reviews ❓FAQ
intentionally ?

The Ava Trading Practices team will only consider canceling profits on positions which were intentionally opened outside market rates and where there is clear pattern of the trader exploiting price delays.

Ava is proud to have thousands of customers trading on our platform – testimony to the quality of our service – and it is only on very rare occasions that our Trading Practices team will look to disqualify a trader.
We are clearly not looking for the trader who may have innocently opened a position outside market rates – but for cases where a clear pattern of unfair trading can be identified.

Ava Customer Support

How do you know it was intentionally anyway?
It is so easy to say "our servers are slow so it was intentionally".
wouldn't it be more honest to correct your servers lag?

I vote to move them to the scam folder right now.

I have $12k with this broker and after reading this, I will withdraw if I can, all my money.
My trades are long term, so I cannot see this "manipulation" will affect me. They will no doubt find something.

But the fact remains that AvaFX should be held responsible for their server glitches. The customer from the evidence never used any utility to fool or bypass the server feeds to take advantage of it so why hold the customer responsible?

If you leave your doors open knowingly or unknowingly then expect anything to come in.

Because if they are responsible they can't say you cheated and cancel all your trades.

Amazing

It always amazes me the different reasons these kind of brokers use to steal. We should compile a list of all the reasons. Oh wait, I guess we only need one reason on the list. Make a profitable trade and you violated the TOS.

It always amazes me the different reasons these kind of brokers use to steal. We should compile a list of all the reasons. Oh wait, I guess we only need one reason on the list. Make a profitable trade and you violated the TOS.

Yep that's it, if you made money, you cheated, if you lost, you played by the rules. The only defense against this is to withdraw, withdraw, withdraw. You make a little money, pull it and see what happens, keep pulling it over and over, never leave your money in there longer than you have to. It will slow down your growth but slow growth is better than a years worth of virtual growth that you can't withdraw.

I have $12k with this broker and after reading this, I will withdraw if I can, all my money.
My trades are long term, so I cannot see this "manipulation" will affect me. They will no doubt find something.

Let us know if you are successful, I'm curious if they come up with an excuse also for a trader on longer time frames..

I think we would all like to know that

Let us know if you are successful, I'm curious if they come up with an excuse also for a trader on longer time frames..

As Vincam says Johnny2pips please let us know how it turns out. It could well be they will let you withdraw your money just to proof they do not block everybody's profits. In that case some other poor smuck :eek:oh: might have to make up for the money you withdrew'

Good luck.

The rule is very simple: if the trader had made losses from these trades would the broker cancel them?

SIMPLE, RIGHT?

YOU ARE GUILTY AVAFX.

At this stage I cannot give a vote as scalping is not allowed by some brokers and I have not read Ava's regulations.
I am a long term trader so this should not affect me I hope.
My account manager at Ava has challenged me to test their WD's.
This is a very big Co. so I am still happy with them.
A scam rating from one scalper is somewhat unfair.
Their emailed tips, charts and forecasts have been very good for me. All very professional.
Rating Ava as a scam from one scalper will be irresponsible and detrimental to the millions of traders at Ava.

Last edited:
At this stage I cannot give a vote as scalping is not allowed by some brokers and I have not read Ava's regulations.
I am a long term trader so this should not affect me I hope.
My account manager at Ava has challenged me to test their WD's.
This is a very big Co. so I am still happy with them.
A scam rating from one scalper is somewhat unfair.
Their emailed tips, charts and forecasts have been very good for me. All very professional.
Rating Ava as a scam from one scalper will be irresponsible and detrimental to the millions of traders at Ava.

Let us know if you are successful. Even long term you should be slightly annoyed that their server apparently runs way behind "reality" Your entry/exit prices could easily be disputed by them for the very reason they are arguing against this trader. The fact that they will cancel ALL your trades because some are questionable is alarming. While some of this traders trades could be argued for exploitation, many could not possibly be doing this, but the suspicion of some voids ALL. That to me is BS.

Back