• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Problem GUILTY Case# 2014-069 | ai007 vs cititrader.com

I am having an issue with a company

ai007

Corporal
Original FPA Traders Court Submission:

I am submitting the case against: www.cititrader.com

My Case is: Dear Traders, need your help, please look through the proofs closely to decide. I am filing a case against Cititraders/Citrades for destroying my account, that caused me a loss $16,000 within 6 months. This was 100% managed and traded by Cititrader. I have categorized the issues working with them as follows:
1. Misleading information and false claims
2. Irresponsible and poor money management (or maybe deliberate attempts) that caused huge losses
3. Platform makes it difficult to retrieve the account information for analysis.
4. Declined customer’s withdrawal request providing misleading account information
5. Not delivering the service as per the agreement
6. So far the settlement offers I received are either to invest more or messages that felt threatening, reference attachment “Settlement offers”

Misleading information and false claims, refer to the attachment “Miss-leading information and False Claims”
a. Advised me that it is ok for them to trade on my behalf based on US regulations.
b. Continued to tell me that my account is doing good whereas it was incurring losses
c. Showing these claims and extraordinary data of historical achievements forced me to keep pouring money into my account

Irresponsible and poor money management (or maybe deliberate attempts), that caused huge losses at multiple occasions. Thus preventing any chances of a withdrawal, while showing the positive outlook, blaming the past experiences on the platform issues and international crisis. Refer attachment “Cititrader Performance Analysis”. For example they did 12 to 14% volume per trade of the account balance around end Jun 2013, whereas Dave claimed that they do not do more than 5% on low risk account.

Declined my request to stop trading and funds withdrawal, saying that I am left with 0 balance in my account. Which was a lie as I had $10,000 over and above the bonus amount at that time. Reference attachment “Withdrawal request, Exhibit C & D - Post 40% loss offer & 100% Loss”

Service not delivered as per agreement
d. Claimed that Cititraer is started by the Wall Street brokers and is US based. Dave Johnson always used US number for the correspondence.
e. Promised minimum ROI per quarter agreed upon was 26% to 33%, reference “Exhibit Citi Con 01,02”. Dave made multiple calls to sell this contract, which was originally priced at $20,000 and then suddenly slashing it down to $8,000 towards the end of the month, giving the reason that he had worked a special one-time deal with his CEO to encourage serious investors, who otherwise won’t get a chance to avail this opportunity.
f. Bonus was offered with the false claim of achieving the necessary volumes in 7 to 8 months to allow withdrawal of entire account’s investment, bonus and profits.
g. The maximum amount per trade is capped at 5% of account balance amount per trade
h. The account lost 28% in little over a month.
i. Made misleading and false claims and started selling their medium risk account which makes 15 to 20% per month. Promised me that the head trader will trade the account. And promised me that I will be allowed to withdraw in 3 months (based on the volumes traded), instead of 7 to 8 months.
j. Same story repeated and account lost 40% in a quarter. Dave kept on blaming the platform issues/bugs and international issues to be the culprit.

I am still being offered to invest more and feel threatened by their correspondence (which is asking me to resume trading on the already destroyed account). Refer to the attachment “Settlement offers”

New thread in the Scam Alerts Folder:

Review is submitted by ai007 on 10/11/13

The company was first contacted about the issue on 10/04/13 the last contact was on 01/10/14

Details: Declined my request to stop trading and funds withdrawal, saying that I am left with 0 balance in my account. Which was a lie as I had $10,000 over and above the bonus amount at that time. Reference attachment “Withdrawal request, Exhibit C & D - Post 40% loss offer & 100% Loss”
I am still being offered to invest more and feel threatened by their correspondence (which is asking me to resume trading on the already destroyed account). Refer to the attachment “Settlement offers”

Company representatives' emails: Dave Johnson <davejohnson@cititrader.com>

Attachments

• Miss-leading information and False Claims.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 7
  • Cititrader Performance Analysis.pdf
    363.5 KB · Views: 7
  • Exhibit Citi Con 01-02- Service Agreement.pdf
    363.9 KB · Views: 8
  • Withdrawal request, Exhibit C & D - Post 40% loss offer & 100% Loss.pdf
    913.2 KB · Views: 4
  • Settlement offers.pdf
    330.6 KB · Views: 7
Since CitiTrader doesn't like me, I had someone on the Forums Team issue the formal invitation. If there isn't a response soon, this moves to the Open Cases folder.

It looks like there are already 4 cases set up for next week's voting. If there is still no response from CitiTrader, I suggest moving this to open cases at the beginning of next week.

Spoof of CitiFX Pro?

First off, I doubt if this is a US based company, but if any part of this outfit is registered in the US, I would file a complaint with the SEC: SEC.gov | SEC Complaint Center.
Second, their website appears to me as a poor man's spoof of CitiFX Pro (tm). My guess is that by using similar trade names, they hope to inspire perhaps some legitimate association?

Referring to this "cititrader (et al)" client support, there are a couple of items that I find disturbing:

1. Client service rep rehearsing hypothetical "legal" court sessions predicting the future outcome which may prove and / or disprove client's complaints about the math. - this is hysterically absurd

2. Excuses made by client service rep about losses incurred by market volatility caused by global events.

In my opinion pro traders thrive on volatility as it provides superb opportunities, much like a surfer waiting for the ideal wave. More opportunities should be nothing to complain about. Besides, real money managers / traders should know when to stay out, wouldn't you agree?

Thanks, I am planning to report to the SEC shortly. There are other companies/parties involved with at least the money transactions. I have not so far disclosed that information with this case submission though.

Point 6 b seems to be sufficient ground to vote Guilty. The file did not open so assuming this charge to be correct (their saying account did well implied it was safely profitable) I vote them guilty.

Thanks, I am planning to report to the SEC shortly. There are other companies/parties involved with at least the money transactions. I have not so far disclosed that information with this case submission though.

Don't forget to include the CFTC. Make sure to mention that a number of the websites associated with Cititrader originally showed as being registered to US addresses.

Sure, I think now since I have consolidate the information, will make it easier to communicate it across. The video that I made earlier, specially showed the SEC warnings. However, Citrades/Citrader did not show any intentions to resolve which would be acceptable to both the parties and close this. The options I received so far directly/indirectly, are either investing more or start self trading on the already destroyed account. I am not sure how do I communicate this point across to them that I don't want to indulge into this kind of trading anymore. I want them to pay me the invested amount and close this chapter.
Additionally, Citrades rep Binary Answer objected on my video that I quickly moved the emails across the screen, that did not get the viewer a chance to read through, well now this is a good opportunity for the viewers to take a good look at the attachments.

Back