How do you view our FPA?

A best place for trader to work together to kick those scam broker big ass.;)

...ah, yes, ScamBuster...but I would rather new Traders come to this site first, take their time to read discussions on the broker(s) before starting a live account.
Yes, prevention is better than cure as there are a large numbers of scam cases which just cannot be solved.
BUT how to divert those new wannabe Traders to this site in the first place?

I joined our FPA on 01-16-2010 and from the very beginning I was quite active and would jumped into just about any topics on the forum.
However, it seems to me that the "fighting spirit"...especially against bad or scammer brokers...is lacking.
I said that because each time a scam vote is put up for vote, there are very few members participation...at times just over a hundred and, a lot of times, below 100 bother to vote. Come to think of it, how many active members does our FPA have anywhere?

I really don't know how we members can help to bring our FPA back to the days where just about every broker's representative would quickly jump-in to reply and to defend their company against bad reviews.
Perhaps it's just my imagination, but these days it seems to me not many brokers really care what has been posted in the forum about them.

All members thoughts, opinion, and suggestions on this subject would greatly help towards a stronger and better FPA.

I used to vote and read threw the cases but man there was just so many it would take hours upon hours to keep up with it all and to tell you the truth I defiantly not up to scratch on what the rules brokers have to abide by ect,ect and who you would need to contact if you were hard done by by a broker ect, so I felt a posting from me on the topic is rather useless as theres really no solid advice I can give on the subject. I'm sure I wouldn't be the only FPA member in this boat, well I hope I'm not the only semi bloody illiterate dumb truck driver out there:confused:

I give my honest reviews on this site but I have to say the traders court is really out of my depth, probably why I can't get past the front line of sergeant:D

Hello my old friend....it's been a while!

Yup! I can perfectly relate to what you saying about having to spend hours just to go through the ever increasing scam alert cases and, for most of us, time is one thing we don't have that much of.

To compound matters, a lot of the cases are against brokers/service providers/funds managers whom nobody should go with in the first place because a very simple and quick engine search for "reviews" on them or lack of "reviews" on them should obviously raise a red flag and scam alert. BUT yet these new traders willing go in with their eyes wide open and deposit their hard earned money.....and I am totally confounded by some scam victims claims that funds manager "forced them" to deposit more money into an already losing account.

Alright! The main purpose of this thread is to get thoughts, opinions, and suggestions on how to improve our FPA site from members because I see (perhaps I am wrong) that our FPA site is in somewhat of a doldrums.....sort of in a state of stagnation.
I am most curious as to how many battalions we have in our FPA and the actual numbers in active service because when the battle cry is given (as in voting on scam cases), only a small infantry responded.......perhaps this is the reason for the relatively low ranks given out to even ancient members like that Pharaoh :p.
I know it's just a free fancy title without very much benefits, but still and to drive home a point, that Ancient One joined the FPA on 10-03-2007 but yet only has the rank of Master Sargent, which is the same as myself, but he has much more seniority over me in terms of being a member and contributing his time & energy on tons of post, threads, contribution articles, advices to traders, etc, etc. In terms of service time alone, Pharaoh should be my much more superior officer.

I hope our FPA site moderators will come out with some ingenious plan(s) to attract more members here....not just any members because I am very sure we are crawling with infiltrators from brokers......but the new wannabe traders so that they can be better equipped before going out to the forex battle field and not come to the FPA ONLY and AFTER they have been scammed.

Perhaps the FPA should consider some types of forex competitions, or some other fun stuffs which will attract more appeal for traders and wannabe traders to come here and become active participants at this site. It's not an easy task, especially when the world wide web is populated with thousands of sites dedicated to the forex and financial world, but it's a challenge which need to be addressed before our FPA become just another ordinary site. And, as I have mentioned earlier on in this thread, that is already happening.

On a couple other sites, I see active members participation on forums

...ah, yes, ScamBuster...but I would rather new Traders come to this site first, take their time to read discussions on the broker(s) before starting a live account.
Yes, prevention is better than cure as there are a large numbers of scam cases which just cannot be solved.
BUT how to divert those new wannabe Traders to this site in the first place?

Yes, I agree this is important. Couple of new traders that I know in my country lack of survey on their own brokers. Sorry to say this, but they haven't know the existence of FPA. Latest 1 person that I knew went in with Plus 500. Now he have suffering difficulties on withdrawal. I try to tell them always visit FPA before going on any brokers, and I hope it helps.

It would be good if more traders would visit the FPA before opening accounts instead of afterwards.

About higher ranks, I almost had the system worked out for that. I even changed my title so I don't have to worry about a certain ancient FPA member outranking me. Then a decision was made to do a major upgrade to the forums.

This will change how the scoring system is done. I already have a basic plan, and will have it finalized before the upgrade. Then I'll start opening the new ranks one level at a time. I hope that there's a way to count Traders Court votes.

When will the upgrade be? After the programmers figure out how to do it without breaking all the custom functions the forums have.

Once the forums are upgraded, a decision will be made on what to upgrade next. Reviews or Performance Testing.

Yes, I agree this is important. Couple of new traders that I know in my country lack of survey on their own brokers. Sorry to say this, but they haven't know the existence of FPA. Latest 1 person that I knew went in with Plus 500. Now he have suffering difficulties on withdrawal. I try to tell them always visit FPA before going on any brokers, and I hope it helps.

Plus500 is regulated by FSA and so your friend should send them details of his issues with the broker.

Year since: 2008
Headquarters: London, United Kingdom
Company registration: Plus500UK Ltd (reg. #07024970), England and Wales
Regulation: FSA UK (ID #509909)

As for informing and getting new traders to come to the FPA before venturing into the forex & binary market...well...perhaps the FPA will have to advertise the same way as brokers advertise their company to new potential clients (a more suitable word would be "suckers" but I guess that's not a very nice word to use:p).
=========================================

Of course upgrades take time and I look forward to seeing your "basic plan"......perhaps you could run some of your plans through that Ancient One as he seems to be pretty wise too (result of living for such a long time) ;).......sometime back he already mentioned a rank he is interested in and so you just add a couple rank above him :D

If you're having a serious issue with Plus500 or any other broker, open a thread in Scam Alerts.

New ranks 1 level at a time? I can't wait for my new officer uniform. :D

If you're having a serious issue with Plus500 or any other broker, open a thread in Scam Alerts.

New ranks 1 level at a time? I can't wait for my new officer uniform. :D

Yeah, I did advise him to do so including to file a case on FPA. I told him that FPA was really helpful and useful for all traders, no matter to survey broker or even sharing their experience whatsoever. Hopefully he did that. As I know when he tried for withdrawal, Plus 500 asking for some documentation that even a bank couldn't provide.

@iMusingKiMi "...when he tried for withdrawal, Plus 500 asking for some documentation that even a bank couldn't provide."

Well, one broker asked me for my bank statement....and/or other savings/investments statements..... before allowing me a "larger" trading account of over USD500 :p....in effect, to declare my assets to them.
I told them that's sacred information and none of their business and, needless to say, I didn't send them any.

Back