How do you view our FPA?

I have often notice some new members posting in old threads..... some of which are even over 5 years old....apparently to generate post volumes to upgrade their rank/status.

Asst Moderator: To prevent mindless posting in none significant thread for the above purpose, it would be a good idea to "lock" old threads which have been inactive for over six months.

Sometimes, an old thread is worth bringing up. I've taken alternate actions to discourage a couple of people from resurrecting every thread they can find.

Yes, some old threads are worth bringing up, but I have noticed quite a lot of them were "replied" to some years later (with a simple "I agree" single sentence...or asking for more info when, very obviously, the starter of the thread is no longer around) for the sake of for generating post.
================

One way to entice/make it easier for more FPA members to cast their votes is highlighting all "open cases" at the top of the forum.
I suggest this because I do miss some "open cases" due to them being buried in by other daily forum posts.

The most recent cases are always stickied. The only confusion I see is that sometimes cases with verdicts from the past week are mixed in and sometimes there are also some cases where the vote starts the next week. All cases older than this aren't stickied.

What would rock (and I've NEVER seen this in any forum) would be a "double-sticky" - this would allow AsstMod to pin the open cases above the most recent verdicts and cases where the vote will start next week. Those 2 types would still be pinned above all older cases.

I have often notice some new members posting in old threads..... some of which are even over 5 years old....apparently to generate post volumes to upgrade their rank/status.

Asst Moderator: To prevent mindless posting in none significant thread for the above purpose, it would be a good idea to "lock" old threads which have been inactive for over six months.

Interesting and what is the purpose of increasing our rank here? I share my trading experience there and stay tuned with latest scams to avoid dealing with them myself..But what are the privileges for old members with high post count?

Look around in Community Forums. You should have access to the NCO lounge, complete with free popcorn.

I need to complain to AsstMod. He never got around to creating the Officers Club.

Interesting and what is the purpose of increasing our rank here? I share my trading experience there and stay tuned with latest scams to avoid dealing with them myself..But what are the privileges for old members with high post count?
Some scumbag brokers post to increase their numbers of post for rank promotion (without the salary of course) that lend credence to their post when defending their bucketshop broker company.

Look around in Community Forums. You should have access to the NCO lounge, complete with free popcorn.

I need to complain to AsstMod. He never got around to creating the Officers Club.
Yup, fully agreed with my ancient friend and ruler of upper & lower Nile....and years of unpaid salaries too :cool:

Back