How long did it take you to go from demo to live?

How long did it take you to go from demo to live?

• right away

Votes: 9 11.8%
  • 6 months

Votes: 44 57.9%
  • 1 year

Votes: 17 22.4%
  • 2 years

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • 3 or more years

Votes: 2 2.6%

• Total voters
Yes I have seen there are some trader that willing to use demo account for more than two years, this is good to develop trading skill with longer time, it's mean will face many short market condition, while in learning process not too focus on technical analysis only but also learn how to fundamental work

I think that after 2 years on demo account any trader will be able to master forex market. Although this seems as a very long time, I think that this is time worth spending as it will provide you continuous profits on real account

You cannot earn until you trade with real money but you must have demo account trading experience and also you must have a plan , a good enough strategy and risk management capability, also good capital is a must but remember learning is still the key the max you can learn will help you to earn.

It seems to me that demo occupies a great place in the life of every trader. Whether we are talking about a newbie who is just getting used to it or an experienced trader with great ambition and knowledge. First of all, it is a great training session that allows you to plunge into the atmosphere of the real market, although it does not give the same emotions. Secondly, it is a good tool to test a new strategy and understand how suitable it is for you. Thirdly, I hope I won't be badly criticized for it, the demo is an opportunity to break all the rules and trade just on emotions, without getting into the market situation. Why not, if this way you can take a break and let your feelings run wild. Of course, this is not a recommendation, but I know the traders it helps.

It takes some time, and it mostly depends on the person as well, if your a quick learner and grasp the knowledge on how to learn quickly it should take about 2 months or so, or else its max to 6 months, but demo is just for you to learn and it wont be the same as you enter in live.

For me it took a long time, something like half year or maybe even more to be precise, I assume everyone could do it lately with that matter absolutely. Each person has his own set of rules and habits for that.

I see no reason to use a demo account for more than 3-4 months. even 6 months already a bit too much.
why do i think so? cause on demo account you're trading with virtual money it’s not yours. therefore with losses your attitude to this money is calm. demo account doesn't temper your character as it should. in fact it's only needed for training when you are studying. otherwise it's useless to me.

I see no reason to use a demo account for more than 3-4 months. even 6 months already a bit too much.
why do i think so? cause on demo account you're trading with virtual money it’s not yours. therefore with losses your attitude to this money is calm. demo account doesn't temper your character as it should. in fact it's only needed for training when you are studying. otherwise it's useless to me.
And how do you test your new strategies then?

Back