How long did it take you to go from demo to live?

How long did it take you to go from demo to live?

• right away

Votes: 9 11.8%
  • 6 months

Votes: 44 57.9%
  • 1 year

Votes: 17 22.4%
  • 2 years

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • 3 or more years

Votes: 2 2.6%

• Total voters
I was in demo for a little while just over 6 months and then invested a small amount to see how I faired.

I always advise beginners to trade on a demo account until they feel confident in making decisions and when their long-term profit has more than 30-40 % of their investment. I do not recommend to refuse a demo account even if you are an experienced trader. The demo is an excellent platform on which you can test new strategies or different trading systems without financial losses.

I always advise beginners to trade on a demo account until they feel confident in making decisions and when their long-term profit has more than 30-40 % of their investment. I do not recommend to refuse a demo account even if you are an experienced trader. The demo is an excellent platform on which you can test new strategies or different trading systems without financial losses.

Totally agree with you.
I used to trade on regular basis although not full time. Looking to start again after a long break, and let's say that I won't invest a dime before I test different demo accounts with different brokerages.

Btw. Any good threads on different brokerages? I see how competitive the market has become, and I'm very curious to see how conditions have changed in my absence.

Thanks!

You need a bit of practice on demo to get yourself familiar with different trading tools. Goinb to live account is ewsy but maintaining your reaults is not easy. So I suggest when you get a strategy, test it in demo for 1 months or 2 and log all reaults and mistakes. Then evaluate your results, if you made more than 60% win then you can go to live account.

Back