How to control your emotions after series of losses ?

Well Perry I gotta say, control come later in the trading career. First buildup some good capital and
take your cash out. Get a job( read source of cash) and trade what remains in your account.
Its much easier to control yourself when you don't "need" the money but you sure as hell would like to
have a fatter bank balance.
30-40% ROI will come later when you are a stable trader.

GOR

Well, now I am bid disciplined and can control myself compared to previous years. I am trading @ breakeven and got everything what I have invested earlier. Still long road to go. :cool:

Well, now I am bid disciplined and can control myself compared to previous years. I am trading @ breakeven and got everything what I have invested earlier. Still long road to go. :cool:

Yes, Perry I also agree with you being a disciplined trader specially when trading fx. Learning never ending and we need to change with the market. I must say this is applicable to anything. Not only for forex trading.

It's all about discipline

I really feel the way to control your emotions is to stay disciplined and stick to your strategy. If you have a strategy that you can trust and feel that in the long term it will be profitable, then shoulder the blame on your strategy and not yourself. It is much easier and less stressful to blame the strategy than doubt yourself as a trader.

If you are constantly changing the way you trade and let your emotions become involved it is almost impossible to not get angry or depressed and try to take it out on the market. My advice is let your strategy do the work for you. Stick to a strategy you trust then sit back and watch.

I really feel the way to control your emotions is to stay disciplined and stick to your strategy. If you have a strategy that you can trust and feel that in the long term it will be profitable, then shoulder the blame on your strategy and not yourself. It is much easier and less stressful to blame the strategy than doubt yourself as a trader.

If you are constantly changing the way you trade and let your emotions become involved it is almost impossible to not get angry or depressed and try to take it out on the market. My advice is let your strategy do the work for you. Stick to a strategy you trust then sit back and watch.

Nice View Tads. I would like to add another point. If the strategy isn't working out as planned do some modifications or shift to another rather than staying with the loser.

Alan

I would go back to my practice account and try to figure out my trading strategies again. I will only trade it live when I'm fully ready again.

I would go back to my practice account and try to figure out my trading strategies again. I will only trade it live when I'm fully ready again.

Hello PhatRoyale,

Looks good strategy to me. I used to keep track record of my each and every trade. So I can review those easily and get the things correctly next time.

Back