• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

imbtrading.com just disappeard!

Rookie82

Recruit
Has anyone heard of this company? imbtrading.com went offline yesterday and after trying to get my money withdraw for 2 weeks now they went offline. Their customer support telephones went offline. Is anyone else here scamed by imbtrading?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I am. Also tried to withdraw and was told that it would-be be done soon. Were hard to reach by phone. My accountmanager Mark Smit wrote his last mail to me last friday. He would visit Holland and have à meeting with customers. After the GBP/USD trade with the 100:1 leverage I got suspicious. Unfortunately too late. I have post à complaint at ic3.gov. But am stil searching for good help in New York where imbtrading was founded. In 2012 they changed name from Sky high Ventures Inc. This is scarry, because they will probably come back later with à different name searching for new victims. By now they are probably collecting their money somewhere a non regulated bank area outside Europe. I have read many stories now of other victims earlier with the same story.

Yes, that is exactly what happend to me too. Tried to make a withdraw when "special trade" was made because it just sounded suspicious and they promised me my money and then suddenly websitedown, telephone offline and no trace off them. Please let me know if you have succes with Ney York. And there must be other people out there that have been scammed too. Let me know thru PM how it goes ForexGumpie!

Does anyone recall the names "Daniel Foster" or "Mark Smit"? These are the people behind imbtrading.com

Within the last few days, the domain registration changed from private registration to:

Registrant Name: Jorge omar Imbert
Registrant Organization: IMB Trading
Registrant Street: avenida Litoral s/n, Urb. Playa Del Angel, Bloque A 2-4
Registrant City: Estepona
Registrant State/Province: Malaga
Registrant Postal Code: 29680
Registrant Country: Spain
Registrant Phone: +34.672825163
Registrant Phone Ext:
Registrant Fax:
Registrant Fax Ext:
Registrant Email: j.imbert@mail.com

Afraid to say I too am a victim of the Mark Schmitt, Daniel Foster IMBTRADING scam. What a web of lies and deceit. Wonder if any actual trading went on? With them over a period of 8 months in which they built up my trust only to be scammed at the end. I am not sure of the avenues available to report this type of thing.

Within the last few days, the domain registration changed from private registration to:

Yes, i saw that for a couple of days ago to. Thank you for the help catching these scumbags!

Last edited by a moderator:
If anyone put money in by wire transfer, share their banking info. This may make it easier to track down the people behind the organization.

Back