My trading journal : From 5 to 1000

Hi Rahman,

ok good you survived it, I still lost again huh...., about the strategy, one of the reason I'm hedging audchf because the price is too high for aussie at the moment. I'm planing to close slowly all the sell orders after the price pull down to low level and my target is around 1000 pips. so while waiting this to happen, I just hold on to it at the same time gain from the swap. my 2012 future project :)

gold really a big looser yesterday. blew up everything, should avoid this scrap....

cheers too !
catch you later

mmm.... another free fall landing for gold today 1535, nobody like to catch it.

let me try....

Sorry about your account my friend...

As has been covered a few times last month or so, the Big boys are trying to push Silver down to the 24.00 level in order to unload their huge positions before driving it up to 100.00 and beyond.

Gold is being weaken by strong USD as shown yesterday and is further being driven downwards by some people.
But I am very sure it cannot remain at the low end due to China & India holding tons of that stuffs....plus they (especially China) are quite possibly waiting to go in soon to unload their huge USD reserves and converting them/buy more cheaper Gold....well, anywhere much cheaper than what they paid for Gold some months back.

Fortunately, my accounts are kept buoyant by falling AUD as I have quite a number of "short" positions and am closing them out selectively and even bought a few more Gold & Silver positions as replacements which I intent to keep for the expected rally up to the big guy's headquarters.

Take care and all the best!

Dec. 30 (Bloomberg) -- Jeremy Hare, director of investment-banking at Gilford Securities, talks about the outlook markets in 2012 and investment strategy. Hare speaks with Scarlet Fu on Bloomberg Television's "InBusiness With Margaret Brennan." (Source: Bloomberg)

Gold rose the most this month, capping an 11th straight annual advance, on speculation that demand will climb from jewelers and investors.

Gold fell 4.7 percent in the previous six sessions to the lowest since July 7 as the dollar gained against the euro, curbing demand for the metal as an alternative investment. That may boost seasonal purchases, said Marc Ground, a commodities strategist at Standard Bank Plc. In the first quarter of 2011, jewelry demand jumped 12 percent from a year earlier in India, the world’s biggest buyer, according to World Gold Council data.

“While we haven’t seen physical demand pick up yet, maybe people are anticipating it for next year,” Ground said in a telephone interview from Johannesburg. “January and February are usually good months in India, and a lower gold price might attract some buyers.”

Gold futures for February delivery climbed 1.7 percent to settle at $1,566.80 an ounce at 1:35 p.m. on the Comex in New York, ending a six-session slump that was the longest since March 2009.

While bullion gained 10 percent this year, prices have plunged as much as 21 percent since touching a record $1,923.70 on Sept. 6.

Dennis Gartman, the economist and editor of the Gartman Letter, said he is “about to become bullish” after being neutral since mid-November.

“We did not expect to see gold hold as well as it has or did in the past 24 hours,” Gartman wrote in his letter e-mailed today.
Holdings Rise

Holdings (.GLDTONS) in exchange-traded products backed by bullion are climbing for the first time in three weeks, according to data compiled by Bloomberg. Assets rose 0.3 percent this week after falling 1.5 percent the previous two weeks.

“We are seeing some buyers come in as the market looks oversold at current levels,” Frank McGhee, the head dealer at Integrated Brokerage Services LLC in Chicago, said in a telephone interview.

Silver futures for March delivery jumped 2.2 percent to $27.915 an ounce on the Comex, paring its decline for 2011 to 9.8 percent, the first annual drop since 2008.

On the New York Mercantile Exchange, palladium futures for March delivery climbed 5.2 percent to $656.15 an ounce, rising the most since Oct. 21. The metal still dropped 18 percent in 2011. Platinum futures for April delivery advanced 2.8 percent to $1,404.90 an ounce. It’s declined 21 percent this year.

Comex floor trading will be closed on Jan. 2 in observance of the New Year’s holiday.

To contact the reporters on this story: Debarati Roy in New York at droy5@bloomberg.net; Claudia Carpenter in London at ccarpenter2@bloomberg.net

To contact the editor responsible for this story: Steve Stroth at sstroth@bloomberg.net

Ramai pakar2 dan guru2 luar sana. Jadi, mana satu kita boleh percahya??:p

So many opinions and expert forecasters out there, and I did watch Bloomberg moneytalk too, but there seems to be equally divided between the "shorts" and the "longs". So, one of them got to be correct; but which one??

I listen to these experts, but I form my own judgements based on present and short term economic scenarios.
Yes, they say the US economy is on the mend, but this is election year where most good news are self servings for the power of the day. As long as unemployment remains high, there will be inflation and possible recession.

I really don't see how the Euro is going to recover unless they trim off those infected ones off from the union.

Japan, China, Switzerland, Canada, and Australia are not keen in their currencies taking over the USD to being the preferred currency for trade as (as they say) with power comes a great responsibility....and I don't think any of them are up to that immensely responsible, difficult, and challenging responsibility anywhere!

Silver is both a precious and commercial metal, and so the demand will always be there and price will fluctuate to demand and supply.

That really leave Gold (and possibly platinum) to be the logical monetary standard.

So, am I long or short on Gold?? For the immediate term, I am bearish, but only until end of this month. Beyond that, I really don't know....perhaps I should consult the Mayan calendar....and perhaps, by 20-Dec-2012, it all doesn't matter anywhere as there will be a whole new world order;)

Hello my fren,

gold look attractive at this level, but like you I put on hold with it, need more time to get a clear picture on where it is heading. Try to trade with AUDCHF today, try to hedge some at current level, but market too slow make it harder and most of the trade done with an average 6-7 pips spread. I think I should stay away....

c u later

Last edited:
Hi bro,

U account strategy boleh tahan juga lah ;)

I have been keeping track of your account everyday and I perfectly understand your strategy and will start a normal account to try it out next week...but maybe with a little less "Sell" positions or none at all, with plenty of free margin to cover the losses when the currencies pair go downwards.

I see the currencies pair is way up there and I have taken some short positions.

Gold & Silver are reversing upwards nicely and I will let my profitable positions ride along to see where they heading...but will close them out immediately when I detect/see unusual market movements.

All the best.

Hi Rahman,

I did a mistake by placing to much sell orders, I was hoping that the price start to go down and hedge everything but instead it is going up, it really hurt me :). still strong support for this pair, not sure if I still can hold on to it. It's too dangerous if you're buying it right now
as the price for aussie is still too high, and that's the reason I'm hedging it and waiting for the price to go down 1000 pips and then close slowly all the sell orders. I currently have 6 accounts running this mission impossible :), right now 2 of my accounts are affected with massive selling, which is account 1 and account 5, and this is not good at all. hope the price can go down to 0.9650 and I can start cover all my open positions. I email you my excel file, have a look on it, you can do some calculations or budgets, before you run with this mission. :)

wave...you have to find 2nd wife

Last edited:
Bro, I have received your e-mail attachment....complicated a bit lah...will have to spent some time analyzing it before I make comments.

When I try out your strategy, I will leave out the short positions as they don't make money. Instead, I will calculate how much free margin to leave to cover any losing positions to avoid margin call.

Yup my friend, you sure have too many short positions.
Looking & studying your account, if you have all long positions, you can even close out some of the winning ones to increase your balance & equity when the market is with you. Earlier on, I did a rough calculations and your account could have been doubled if you closed out all the winning ones....but then, the losing ones would probably kill your account:p

===============

Yup, WaveRider....our friend here have 6 "wives" to play with ;) ...while I only have 3, but intending to add one more to complete my quota of 4 ;)

Last edited:
Back