• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Problem www.avatrade.com

I am having an issue with a company
ℹ️ Info ⭐ Reviews ❓FAQ
100 Euros? Ouch!

I assume certification must be the biggest part of this. I can't picture a registered letter from Romania to Cyprus (that's where Ava's postal address is, right?) could cost too much.

Unfortunately, brokers do retain the right to demand additional documentation. It's almost impossible to tell which cases are due to AML and which are intended to discourage withdrawals.

I have just sent them all the documentation required. they will receive it on wednesday, so hopefully by the end of the month will finish all of this story.

Even if I'm not a lawer, I really believe it is just a way to discourage withdrawals and looking for a way to do not pay some of their customers.
They are obliged to identify every customer in order to let them trade, right.

Well, in the moment I registered the account they accepted my documentation, they allowed me to trade, and they allowed me to deposit and withdraw.
Only at a certain point, they decided to ask further documentation. Legally speaking, they are already in fault with the regulators.

"Better later than never" does not mean they are in the right position, in my opinion.

Also, it is not written anywhere that I may have additional costs to trade with them. If it would have been written in the agreement, ok no problem. But the reality is different.

And especially, their lack of communication is certainly in fault with the regulations as they should have informed me and kept me updated on the case regularly. Since that day , have been gone about 30 calendar days, 21 business days and I received from them only 2 emails: 1 from my account manager and from the compliance, even if I sent almost every day questions and requesting clarifications about what was happening.

Imagine that one operator in the chat wrote me that I'm not allowed to be in touch with my manager!!
I was trying to reach him every day and every day "he was not in the office".

I also asked them what is the procedure to do a compliance (in the moment they communicated me that their investigation was finished, even if it wasn't). The first answer was to send an email to the support. The second answer was to send an email to compliance@avatrade.com. In the website it's written to send an email to cs@avatrade.com - obviously I send to all of the addresses, but I never got any reply.

I will not continue writing because, if I think about it, I will get more nervous than what I feel now. If I would have known from the begin that they had to check my identity, I could have slept without any problem.

100 Euros? Ouch!

I assume certification must be the biggest part of this. I can't picture a registered letter from Romania to Cyprus (that's where Ava's postal address is, right?) could cost too much.

Unfortunately, brokers do retain the right to demand additional documentation. It's almost impossible to tell which cases are due to AML and which are intended to discourage withdrawals.

Good luck with them , fight them , unfortunately this broker keep scamming people all over again , even if they refund you , they do the same thing with other traders ,when you make profits they investigate about you because you must not win from them they are a poor market maker, i hope from this reputable forum to warn other people from avatrade by classify them as a scam broker ,there are a lot of victims here .

tnx bro, I ll never give up.
Tomorrow they will receive my documents. I pray the saints to close this situation as soon as possible as I deserve.

Good luck with them , fight them , unfortunately this broker keep scamming people all over again , even if they refund you , they do the same thing with other traders ,when you make profits they investigate about you because you must not win from them they are a poor market maker, i hope from this reputable forum to warn other people from avatrade by classify them as a scam broker ,there are a lot of victims here .

it looks no good but they are under MIFID so its big probability they will be forced to pay your profits. Now they try to steal some time and make You angry. I will stay away from them in future

update on this no-ending story:
finally the compliance department wrote me. they require now to send them another document to show the evidence of the source of funds and they asked me what is my occupation! all of this story to withdraw 14k eur:mad:
obviously I have to pay again the delivery....

I spoke with an operator of the central bank of ireland and, in her opinion, they are just keeping time but they are allowed to request me all the documents they need to certify my identity and my address.....Also, another employee from ava told me that in his life he never saw a situation like this and several people from different countries are involved for unknown reason to him.

Basically, if a broker does not want to pay, what you can do is just to wait and pray...In the end, they will pay, unless they will not surprise me again with something else which I still can't imagine.

However, all of this story is scary. The consumer is not in the position to do anything until the broker decide to give your money back or not.until that moment, you are either not allowed to do a complaint.

just wait,wait and again wait...i still miss 15 business days to be allowed to do a complaint, which will give to the broker more time to keep my funds. Frustrating....

PS. Could it be possible to modify the title of this thread? I believe that the more possible visitors should pay attention to this thread as they should be informed about what currently they could expect depositing their money in avatrade....I would change it to: www.avatrade.com is not processing withdrawals!

Back