• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Intensive Review Duellatorus review by Eric Alyea

Long and detailed review proocesses. Ask AsstModerator if you want to leave one.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Neil, I'm looking forward to seeing your results and feedback on this system. From what I've learned from Eric, it's a system of making a trade in a given direction and then letting it ride until making at least one pip. No stop loss. I've also learned it's a technique to learn the way the market moves and to get your mind in the right frame. I know there is still much more to know.

Even though you're new to Forex, I'm happy to see that you look before you leap. Many people learn about scammers the hard way, and most never learn at all.

Hi ecafyelims- I wanted to point out to you that the Zen trading method is primarily a training tool we use and that the things Eric is learning through it will propel him beyond many experienced traders. Our primary trading techniques are much more effective and profitable. Not to say you couldn't trade the Zen method full time, you could as I and many others have, but we have found better more profitable trading systems once you have mastered Zen.

Josh

jpadventure - Hi you will need to contact Josh re costs, what I will say, I found it extremely good value for money, Josh stayed with me for a full 5 days and I certainly knew a lot more when he left than when he arrived, the truth be known though when he arrived I knew absolutely nothing. I am learning and there is always something new to learn, that seems especially true with forex.

ecafyelims - Hi I wont say too much about ZEN trading because Eric has said all there really is to say about it, what I will say is ZEN trading is a learning tool, please don't mistake the word ZEN as some kind of mind body & soul trading system, it is purely a name for a learning tool, although you could trade this way if you wanted to, but it is not the most profitable way.

The training I did with Josh is called Counter Trend trading and this is one system he teaches. I specified to Josh before I paid for the training, that I am a complete beginner and he would need to be very patient with me because it has been a long long time since I was at school and I have never traded or really understood forex. I needn't have worried I soon learned this system is simplicity in itself. Another advantage of this system is you do not need to be stuck at your computer all day, you check once maybe twice a day to see if a trade is there, if not, check the day after to see if a trade is there and so on, if you like being at your computer I suppose you could ZEN trade daily while waiting for a counter trend trade. The specific trade you are looking for does not come along daily, although the more pairs you trade obviously the more often you will see it. Once you know what you are looking for it is very easy to spot a potential trade. The system uses pivot points, support and resistance. On the charts there are 2 criteria you are looking for, both of these criteria have to be met before a counter trend trade is deemed legitimate. Once you have a legitmate trade, it is placed in such a way that it is extremely profitable although I will say it can take a while, days, sometimes even weeks for the trade to play out, trades have played out the following day although that was very rare.

There are a couple of things that could be improved with the training. One was, as I have said I am completely new to this and I learned to recognise a trade when it was there and place the trades on the chart but then how do I transpose that information to actual orders. I realise to most people forex trading doing just that is probably second nature and easy but when you are new it is still something that needs to be learned. Josh did go through it on the last day but I feel it should have been introduced sooner in the training so I could have practiced placing orders throughout the time he was with me. I did mention this to him and he is planning to introduce it earlier in the training.

The second thing that I think could be improved is recovery. The trades as I have said are extremely profitable, but once in a while, not very often I admit, a trade does go against you and you need to recover. We did work on recovery but in my opinion more emphasis needs to be placed on this. Again I have spoke to Josh about this and he is going to incorporate recovery more in his training.

Once Josh has left you are not on your own, he is always available for support. I email Josh, at his request to verify trades and he emails me to check if I have spotted potential trades. It is good to know he is looking out for you and that you are not left to your own devices.

Going forward I will open a micro account and post my results, please be patient, the trades are not there daily and can take a long time to play out.

A quick summary. ZEN trading is a practice tool. The counter trend trade system is excellent, simple, easy to spot trades and extremely profitable. The training needs a little tweaking. Support is brilliant.

Please feel free to ask me any questions and I will try to answer them, please dont ask me anything too technical, I am new to this. If you have any in-depth technical questions or any questions relating to costs please email Josh at joshua.hauck@gmail.com

Thank you. Neil

Last edited:
Thanks for the response

Thanks for the reply, Josh and Neil. I suspected that Zen was just a training/practice because that goes along with how Eric described it.

Neil, did Josh teach you in person at your home? If so, that's quite a service, unheard of in the industry. Extra points for Josh for going above and beyond to teach a newcomer.

I'm not new or a vet. I've been trading for about a year, and just within the last month started to become profitable. I have a full time job and trade on the side, but I try to put in some time daily to trade, analyze, and/or write MQL.
Neil, I hope Josh can take you past the steep learning curve that the rest of us had to muck through. ;)
I guess we'll see over the next few months.

I'm glad to see that they offer other systems that include stop-losses. I liked learning about Zen trading, but it's just not my cup of tea.

Hi ecafyelims. You're right ZEN is just for practice and certainly will not suit everyone.

Josh did train me at home and he cooked breakfast every morning, now that's what I call value for money lol.

On a more serious note he used to do seminars but feels that people were not getting as good a service as possible because he could not devote enough time to each person for them to fully benefit. I believe he does teach another system but the Counter trend trading system he taught me does not use a stop loss.

Last edited:
Neil

Neil, I am also in the same boat as you. With needing a managed account, this method can be used without being in front of your pc all the time and I can still carry on working.
I have contacted them and will start soon hopefully.
Please fill in your contact email in your profile so we can compare notes.
Or email me at msorsas@yahoo.com

Last edited:
Protecting yourself

Protecting yourself.

:mad:

#1. Establish a “Inc.” (Incorporated business name), not a sole owner, or partner D.B.A..
#2. Do your investing under that name and bank account.
I have read of some people asking about using a credit cards to open an account. (Bad idea, you will never get the money you want, or YOU “”thought you earned”“.
Always have a solid account and treat it as a business.
#3. Even if you only do “DEMO’s”, like I have and posted my talents and results, someone will hunt and find you asking for money.
All I have done here is practice and share or hoped to share what I have learned.
I now have 2-3 (all Applied in the month of Sept. 2010) law suites that have tracked my Forexs practice and results since I have been totally open and used my real name on this site. I have nothing and nothing to hide.

I just got something ($600.), so I could invest, but that goes to lawyers now, so, I learned my lesson.

Even if you are just going to do $300. Dollars test account, Protect yourself. You never know what, or who will hunt you!!!

Last edited:
WTF??

That's a bummer to say the least. Are you being sued over something to do with Forex or because other people see big $ signs around your head now?

I can't imagine what you could be sued for by trading Forex?

Dollar sign target

That's a bummer to say the least. Are you being sued over something to do with Forex or because other people see big $ signs around your head now?

I can't imagine what you could be sued for by trading Forex?

Just the Dollar $sign$ target. The IRS and I are square.
My philosophy is the Government is going to get theirs, do good calculations of what they will take and just give it to them.
A Mexican mattress doesn’t hurt either.

I talked with Josh a couple of time and am clearing up some questions.
I liked NEIL-PILKY’s post about Counter Pivot Point Trading (CPPT). He is a better writer than I am and will probably use that as a base to explain my views on it and the benefits I see in it, that keep you out of trouble.

Sorry for taking a break in posting $Numbers$, but I hope you understand why.

Last edited:
Switching Brokers

I don’t know about anyone else, but any form of civil litigation or judicial action is like having to do escape and evasion in the military to me. It is stressful until you get to a safe zone. That being said, I am resuming my Forex practice.

I am switching to test eFOREX http://www.eforex.com/home.html for my practice and studying them and what they have to offer this weekend.

Last edited:
eforex ??? Not regulated AND in Panama!! The hub of bucket shops.
They were the old iforex that went bang and now they have opened up again as eforex.
Anyway, I will watch your performance and I must add that I have a very high regard for Duelllatorus but I don't see why they can't go for more accredited brokers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back