How long did it take you to go from demo to live?

How long did it take you to go from demo to live?

• right away

Votes: 9 11.8%
  • 6 months

Votes: 44 57.9%
  • 1 year

Votes: 17 22.4%
  • 2 years

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • 3 or more years

Votes: 2 2.6%

• Total voters
It took me 2 years to master demo trading and prepare myself from trading live. There are a lot of things that seem to be completely irrelevant to your live trading success, but when you get down to real market battle you find a lot of obstacles that crucially affect your trading performance.

It took me 2 years to master demo trading and prepare myself from trading live. There are a lot of things that seem to be completely irrelevant to your live trading success, but when you get down to real market battle you find a lot of obstacles that crucially affect your trading performance.

What were those obstacles for you? For me the biggest obstacle was getting in control of my emotions when trading. Sometimes I have trouble doing that to this day.

Nice patience for 2 years from demo to trading live. As I know, most people are always anxious to get to live trading because they felt boring with demo account and no excitement. I believe many people here that won't take demo seriously at all.

Nice patience for 2 years from demo to trading live. As I know, most people are always anxious to get to live trading because they felt boring with demo account and no excitement. I believe many people here that won't take demo seriously at all.

Staying on a demo for two years really takes quite a bit of patience. I didn't have as much patience when I moved onto a live account, but over the years I've occasionally returned to the demo to practice and test strategies.

For me, it took about 6 months of trade on demo+cent accounts till I decided to start live trading with bigger ammount of money. I`m a beginner, so I just started it, still use demo to test some strategies.

For me, it took about 6 months of trade on demo+cent accounts till I decided to start live trading with bigger ammount of money. I`m a beginner, so I just started it, still use demo to test some strategies.
Yes so many trader that fail and can't maintain account more than six month, and if any newbie they willing to spent time practice on demo at least six month it will better than directly jump to real account without preparation, because forex trading is not easy to making profit need experience and good skill

Yes so many trader that fail and can't maintain account more than six month, and if any newbie they willing to spent time practice on demo at least six month it will better than directly jump to real account without preparation, because forex trading is not easy to making profit need experience and good skill

Yes, I agree. After almost of year of trding, I still feel like a newbie and can`t be profitable constantly. There is still a lot I should learn.

Normally people had no patience to do demo for a long time. Most of the trader go to live trading just after 1 month of demo practice. In my opinion we need some more time as upto 6 months for demo trading. It is beneficial for trader because he can handle with trading problems easily if is trained good in live trading..

Normally people had no patience to do demo for a long time. Most of the trader go to live trading just after 1 month of demo practice. In my opinion we need some more time as upto 6 months for demo trading. It is beneficial for trader because he can handle with trading problems easily if is trained good in live trading..

Its because demo trading brings superb results quite fast considering you are given substantial demo capital to start and your trading is not affected by slippage. And yeah psychology matters a lot, because decision-making process when you are not under pressure is more effective than when you decide in stressful situation

It always follows the golden rule strategy that one should invest the money only that which they can afford to lose, either it is the beginner or full fledged trader, they need to invest only that which they can afford to lose.

Yeah main rule that a trader should always remember is "hope for the best but be ready for the worst"

Back