How long did it take you to go from demo to live?

How long did it take you to go from demo to live?

• right away

Votes: 9 11.8%
  • 6 months

Votes: 44 57.9%
  • 1 year

Votes: 17 22.4%
  • 2 years

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • 3 or more years

Votes: 2 2.6%

• Total voters
We should stay as long as we are not satisfied from the practice and it may take time two to three months or even more so our primary objective should be the learning basics to improve our trading knowledge and experience that will help us in real account.

Yeah main rule that a trader should always remember is "hope for the best but be ready for the worst"

That is my rule as well, when I trade. Always be prepared for the unexpected. That way you won't be surprised and you'll be able to react quickly and adequately.

For me, it took 6-7 month of trading on demo before I opened a cent accont. And only after a couple of months on micro account, I started live trading.

It is a proper way of trading that you use to go to live trading. At least 6 to 8 months should be spend in demo. It is quite boring when you had nothing in hands in shape of profit and are doing trading. But it will trained you for live trading. Micro trading will make you able to manage your own amount .

These day we have some very good systems and applications that really made forex trading easy even if you are complete newbie. So you can jump straight in real market just with 1 week of practice in demo account.

You can jump in after a week but I dount that you would make and money! I made the jump after around 5 months and even then I started using a micro account

You can jump in after a week but I dount that you would make and money! I made the jump after around 5 months and even then I started using a micro account
Micro account shapes wrong trading mindset! I'd suggest you to train enough on demo then jump to live account with decent deposit. For me it was 2000$, two years passed and still trading with 0.1 lot allows me to stay afloat.

I am bit impatient type of guy, so I started up on real within few months of working on demo. However, I realized that it’s not wise to do that. We need to give at least 6 months for it because only then we will be able to learn out something and will help our self with results. If we are impatient like I once was then I feel it can be extremely tough for us to go forward and achieve good level of success.

It is your decision when you want now it is perfect time to go to live account. We feel very soon now should do real trading as after one week or one month .But I must say one can do more practice on it because one month is very low time period to know all about forex trading.

Personally, I still like to practice occasionally on a demo account. I've been trading on a live account for a long time, but I still find the demo one to be a very useful tool.

Back