Icmarkets.com or Icmarkets.au International Capital Markets PTY ltd.

So why delete my trade log?

Hi Anand,

we haven't deleted your trade logs. If you can explain in detail how or why you think this is the case then I'd be happy to provide an explanation. We're also happy to send you any logs/history from our server.

Kind regards,

Angus Walker | Head of Trading Desk | IC Markets

The plot thickens further the Director of IC markets was head of compliance at CMC markets i viewed his LinkedIn profile. CMC markets has terrible reviews on FPA.... I have attached screenshots before he has chance to delete/edit his LinkedIn profile attached in word format.

Hi Anand,

Since you're intent on going off on a tangent I will address your apparent concerns about the CV and pedigree of our managing director Andrew Budzinski.

Our managing director Andrew Budzinski was as you stated, the head of compliance at CMC Markets. At this time they had just setup in Australia and were the only competitor to IG Markets.

After this Andrew founded First Prudential (FP) Markets, Australia's largest 'DMA' CFD provider (or at least it was). This company sought to compete against CMC Markets by giving traders access to better trading conditions via the DMA (Direct Market Access) model. The competition in Australia was dominated by market maker brokers (IG and CMC) so the DMA model flourished with experienced traders.

Andrew stepped down from his roles at First Prudential to setup IC Markets in 2007. IC Markets has applied the DMA CFD model to the foreign exchange market, it does this by offering clients ECN connectivity. IC Markets competes against higher cost market maker brokers with our lower cost DMA (ECN) model. The model is extremely successful.

To reiterate what I said in my first post on page 1, IC Markets doesn’t like risk. By offering the DMA model to clients we avert much of the risks inherent with operating a retail foreign exchange brokerage.

Kind regards,

About the MM, today I experienced for the second time that I felt hunted. I checked the quotes on yahoo finance, bloomberg, and forextraders.com and some other sites but forextraders comes closed and would have missed my stop by a 1.5 the rest are well above 4 pips.
Does anyone know a site where i can check historical quotes ?

Hi Jeff,

Please send an email to support@icmarkets.com and attention it to 'Angus - FPA'

I will look into this and give you a call.

Kind regards,

What would help would be a much shorter description of exactly what the issues are.

Yes sir mr pharoah few points of interest here...

1) Mr angus walker is on a new account on FPA posting it..
2) Similar experience by Jeff Michales (please do not respond to him he will do everything in his power wait for this thing to escalate
3) Many people on their review site on your forum complaining of platform freezing
4) He said people who have a vps near NY4 servers can log in according to his vimeo link there was trades executed according to tick count and volume. Luckily enough I was in Michigan/Canada visiting friends – according to google maps from my isp's location 625 miles not too far to newyork. god knows exactly where the server is located in newyork. Whomever is a computer internet wiz will know 625 miles over the internet is approx 100ms-600ms max with fiber optic cables that these isps provide now to connect world wide well you can figure out after researching computer foresensics how fast that really can be... I am reaching this server wether their server crashed or not.
5) They have deleted my trade log yet are idiotic enough to send me a proof of me trading that day? WHY DELETE THE TRADE LOG? DO THEY HAVE SOMETHING TO HIDE YOU CAN DO THE MATH here......
6) On top of that 7 years in business now finally realizing they cannot cheat traders anymore saying openly we will add more servers. I MEAN it took them 7 years to say this what an idiotic comment.. I have caught this guy he just has many excuses I am just trying to help the general public here if you still feel I am lying well I will fight this till the very last end.

8) Now latest of all the funny things they just hacked my comp and updated my log by 1.4 kb but funny thing is i was waiting for them to do this as logs do not update unless you connect to their server And i have not logged in cheers ANGUS!

5) They have deleted my trade log yet are idiotic enough to send me a proof of me trading that day? WHY DELETE THE TRADE LOG? DO THEY HAVE SOMETHING TO HIDE YOU CAN DO THE MATH here......
8) Now latest of all the funny things they just hacked my comp and updated my log by 1.4 kb but funny thing is i was waiting for them to do this as logs do not update unless you connect to their server And i have not logged in cheers ANGUS!

I don't understand what you mean by the above 2 points as a broker cannot delete your trade logs if you mean the ones that are in:
Open MT 4 platform/File/Open data folder/Logs/Double click on date to open trade log
Take a look, it should all be there.

Hi Anand,

See my response to your points below. Please note that these have nothing to do with your original query. I’m not sure what you’re objective is for bringing these up but I’m happy to answer them since we have nothing to hide.

1. Correct.
2. Jeff’s problem is very different to yours.
3. We’ve acknowledged this problem and that we are working on a solution.
4. Not sure what this point was addressing or what the problem was. Can you explain?
5. I addressed this in an earlier post. We haven’t deleted any trade logs or history. If you can explain why you believe this to be the case then I’d be happy to explain.
6. We’ve got three live MT4 servers and will be launching another one in the next two months. The number of servers that we have has nothing to do with any of the points you have raised.
7. We don’t hack clients computers.

Kind regards,

What would help would be a much shorter description of exactly what the issues are.

Yes sir mr pharoah few points of interest here...

1) Mr angus walker is on a new account on FPA posting it..

A company representative made a new forums account to directly address your issue. Why are you implying that this is a bad thing?

2) Similar experience by Jeff Michales (please do not respond to him he will do everything in his power wait for this thing to escalate

If Jeff wants his issue to be properly addressed, he needs to open his own thread and present evidence. What he reports is very different than a problem getting orders executed during NFP due to problems on the server end.

3) Many people on their review site on your forum complaining of platform freezing

Platform freezes are separate from server issues. It is possible that these are due to problems on either the client or server end. Anyone experiencing a platform freeze with any broker needs to contact the broker's tech support.

I do note that Angus reports that everyone with open orders did have their stops honored during the NFP incident. This was the proper thing to do. It also reinforces my frequently given advice about always using a SL.

4) He said people who have a vps near NY4 servers can log in according to his vimeo link there was trades executed according to tick count and volume. Luckily enough I was in Michigan/Canada visiting friends – according to google maps from my isp's location 625 miles not too far to newyork. god knows exactly where the server is located in newyork. Whomever is a computer internet wiz will know 625 miles over the internet is approx 100ms-600ms max with fiber optic cables that these isps provide now to connect world wide well you can figure out after researching computer foresensics how fast that really can be... I am reaching this server wether their server crashed or not.

Physically close has a good chance of reducing ping times, but is NOT a guarantee of a superior connection. All it takes is one slow hop between the client and the server to seriously cut the speed of what otherwise would be a lightning fast connection.

Also, if the server was not accepting orders, it wouldn't matter if you were located inside the server room and plugged into the next port on the hub the server used. If orders are not accepted, the fastest connection speed in the universe could not make your order trigger.

Below you report that you were "hacked" and your trade log size increased.

6) On top of that 7 years in business now finally realizing they cannot cheat traders anymore saying openly we will add more servers. I MEAN it took them 7 years to say this what an idiotic comment.. I have caught this guy he just has many excuses I am just trying to help the general public here if you still feel I am lying well I will fight this till the very last end.

Brokers add and replace servers from time to time. This is common across any industry relying on servers. How does this have any relevance to your issues?

If your server log was deleted during a claimed hacking attack, how could it be updated and have its size increased? Your statements appear to be mutually contradictory.

So, all I see so far is that there was an issue where orders didn't execute during NFP. This has been explained. Virtually all brokers include items in their TOS where they state that such an unplanned outage does not entitle a client to the "potential profits" of trades that never executed.

The only other issue you've reported is that your trade log disappeared, yet somehow also increased its file size.

The first complaint is something that any trader can be angry about, but does not qualify as a scam. The second complaint does not make any sense as you have stated it.

Can you please clarify the second complaint and also state exactly what other issues relevant to your experiences you are complaining about?

I requested for 4th withdrawals from ICMarkets yesterday (17/July/2014) and it was processed and international bank-to-bank wire transfer money is already in my bank account within 24 hours.

As a matter of interest, my account deposit money is now negative and I am trading with profit money made trading with ICMarkets :cool:

The OP probability trying to misguide people by false obligations. He also does not know how to post a complaint. IC Markets is no doubt one of the finest ECN broker from Australia, They do compensate genuine traders in case of technical issue from brokers end. We all know that sometimes traders suffer due to technical issues but this happens with almost every broker at some stage and it does not mean that anyone have a right to come and try to demolish a reputable broker creditability in any case.

Back