Maxcfd Scam

As advised I have sent another e mail to support@maxcfd the content is as below:

To whom it may concern,
Further to my e mail earlier today I have still not recieved any communication via e mail or telephone in response. I understand that as it is Friday afternoon you may need a little time to deal with this matter. However, for me it is a matter of urgency and so I will wait for a response from you by Tuesday Midday.
To clarify. I regret that I made an uninformed decision to register with you and in line with Financial Institutions would take the oportunity of requesting a full refund immediately as part of a "cooling off" agreement.
I note you have requested numerous documents in order to verify my account, I am not happy with supplying these details and will not do so. I have made initial contact with my Bank aboutn this matter and they are awaiting my reply as to how you are proceeding the matter. If i do not get a satisfactory response by Tuesday I will look to pass the matter on to the authorities to deal with including Actionfraud, The financial Ombudesman and Watchdog.
I have taken initial legal advice and have also contacted the FPA (Forex Peace Army) and would invite you to join the thread that I have started regarding my matter and also invite youn to respond openly on the forum to my case.
I do not have an account ID as I have not sent off the paperwork to you for verification but you have given me a query ticket number of #001082 .
Yours sincerely
Get your thread open at scam folder with full details of your problem with them.

Help, my boyfriend has been scammed by Maxcfd and lost $250. How do I get it back? he can't access his account anymore and the money is gone. Their phones aren't connected and they won't reply to emails. Someone help.

I have managed to get through to Maxcfd this morning on the phone. I spoke to an Annabel who had a West Indian accent. She checked my account and said it was marked for a refund on 30/8. She stated it was with the finance department and she said she would ensure a refund would be in my account by Friday.

I also told her I would report the company to the regulators and the Serious Fraud Office if it wasn't. She appeared spooked by that and insisted she would ensure my refund.

Let's see. I don't hold out much hope but who knows.

Not seen this mentioned before. MaxCFD are associated with Chemmi Holdings Ltd of the same address. I know this because when my payment was pending my bank showed the recipient as Chemmi Holdings London GB. When it was debited it shows as MaxCFD.

Very little info available on Chemmi, they were started in 2015 and shown as currently trading with no debt.

Hi,
Just an update on my post. I tried to open "chat" on several occassions yesterday but got no response and so telephoned them in the afternoon. I immediately explained to them I would be recording the conversatuio. The lady I spoke to (Amy deleware) was useless and hardly spoke a word of clear English. I asked exactly where she was whilst I was speaking to here as it was a very poor line and I wondered if iut was in fact abroad.She then transferred me to a Steph Williams who is the person I spoke to on Friday. I again told her I was recording the conversation and asked why I had not had any response to my e mail on Friday. She told me she had seen it and thought it was beinh dealt with. She assured me she would immediately go to the Finance departement and then both e mail me and telephone me within 10 minutes to let me know what was happening about my refund. Needless to say I got niether. I have today tried several times to get through on the phone and have now finally managed to get somebody to answer and low and behold it was Steph again. I again informed her the conversation was being recorded and remindeed her she had not phoned or e mailed. She put me on hold whilst she was apparently speaking to the Finance Dept and after about a minute informed me it was in the queue for being refunded and that I should get a confirmation e mail later this afternoon! She stated it would then take a couple of days to reach my account. Fingers crossed but I will ring again later today if I have not had an e mail. I will keep you posted.

I recieved an e mail last night from them from a lady called Grace Paul who stated mt refund had been processed. I checked my account but nothing and sent them another e mail asking if it had been processed when would I recieve the funds back intoi my account and surprise surprise I have just checked this morning and it is back in my account. I think the main lesson I havce learnt here is dont jump in too quick and check the company out beforehand as it became apparent very quickly once I did that they have a lot of bad press. With regards getting the refunds I think you have to be very firm with them and threaten action or else they will try and persist with the the request for you to verify in order to do so. Finally, not sure if it was a factor or not but each and every time I spoke to them I began by stating that in fairness to them I should tell them I was recording the conversation in order that I could use it later if needed for legal action. They dont know if you are or not but I am sure they will take it a bit miore seriously and get them to tell you their full name.

Hi as you can see from my threads I managed to get it all back and in my account in a week. There are two phone numbers on the site I found the second one (0203) worked although struggled to get an answer in mornings. I def thing be firm with them and tell them you have sought legal advice and tell them you are recording at the start of each call. You must refuse to send any docs and tell them they have enough details to refund the money as they had enough to take it in the first place. Pester them every day and give them a week deadline.
Good luck

Back