My trading journal : From 5 to 1000

Rahman, How do you like the trading competitions? Do they help? I've never done one because of time constraints. Also I've feared it might encourage wreckless trading. Still it would hone your analytical skills. Do you implement the same strategy on all concurrent contests or do you do different trades in each account?

thanks wave,

yes I will continue with this journal by next week. but this time I will use difference approach. consider this as an upgrade version :)
I will use 200 as my initial deposit as I'm a bit tired using 5 dollars. This time I will try to focus more on news trading so my order
is limited to 1 or 2 entry per day.

Will try to catch up with US retail sales m/m tomorrow at 8.30am, but I'm not very sure what pair to use for this.
mmmm...

ok talk soon

Last edited:
Glad to hear it. Are you going to use FPA's signals? Forex Factory? I'm curious. Will be watching...

Hi wave..

I just found an idea on how to trade news, so I'm about to testing it out. I will use FPA and forexpros for my references.
I will try to use GBPUSD or USDJPY. not sure which one is better. I will update this tomorrow. my problem right
now is the size of the trade. maybe I will try to be more aggressive by using 0.5 lot size. that will give me 40 pips
space before get wipe out. :)

ok talk soon

Hi, Along.

How anyone trades is not my business so excuse me for being too familiar but...
I've seen spreads of 25-30 pips on news trades, even with good, well funded brokers. 40 pips is gone in a few seconds. I saw a Sunday gap close a few months ago that generated a 40 pip spread. The price went my way but the spread hit my SL and I lost! A 0.5 lot size is cool with a $15,000 account. Even that is a little big. Probably would stay to $1 pips until the account is over $10,000 and $3-4 after it's over $20,000. The size of a trade should be so small that any loss could be made 10 times over and you still are solvent. Try this: Do what Sive says and Pharoah says and trade little tiny lot sizes. Just humor them for a month or two. Probably a position shouldn't be any bigger than a dime or two until the account is over $1000. Get some months in the black then fund more. Your entire journal has been plagued by overleveraging. Your strategy is probably pretty sound but your account couldn't handle the drawdown.

Let compound winnings do what they do. If your strategy is sound and played right, let the math work in your favor. Don't let the inevitable drawdown bust you out. Shoot for 5-15%/month. Those are killer winnings and Rahman and everybody else would pat you on the back. Especially now that you're breaking into news trading for the first time. Go tiny until you get your mind wrapped around it. Then risk more.

Good luck. Will be watching.

thanks wave,

I think u r right, i just skip it as the result also not looking good. my target is 20 pips above. Actually this is my first approach
trading with the news and I'm not very familiar with the big spread as you mention above. look like I have to try it with demo
first and study the result.

I have problem attaching the file, when I try to download the picture i got error message 405. not sure what it is. my
upload manager also get stuck with all the old image files which I used to attached to my post. I just cannot delete it...

Right now I have 200 deposited in my exness account today and I also received a bonus ( including for previous deposit )
that bring a total of usd 344.67. I will use this account for this journal....

will update later....

talk soon

Hi, just want to quick update

sold GBPCAD 0.10 at 1.59161. try again attaching file using basic uploader, just got through with it. good entry right
now is doing at 1.5902. will try to close it tomorrow. time for bed

talk soon

Attachments

• journal 16042012 2.gif
    journal 16042012 2.gif
    49.6 KB · Views: 8
hmmm....

just watching the big spike on gbpcad total more than 100 pips. I knew I should sell this pair....

I closed my gbpcad early this morning, took some profit about 17 pips. try to sell again just now due to interest rate announcement but had a doubt about it....what a waste

Another trade closed gbpusd with profit around 16 pips. attached is the screenshot

Attachments

• journal 17042012.gif
    journal 17042012.gif
    59.6 KB · Views: 6
My final result for today, increased my balance from usd 344.67 to usd 495.04
Attached is my total trades for today. good entry for usdcad, sure can make a lot of pips if I hold it for another 1 or 2 days.
I just want to clear everything.....

will continue tomorrow

Attachments

• journal 17042012 2.gif
    journal 17042012 2.gif
    85.5 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Hi, just want to quick update...

I just registered another account with instaforex. I know they have a bad review on most of the forex forum. Just take the risk and give it a try. so I just deposit small money today about usd 38 + bonus 11.40. the reason I open with insta because they have fix spread which is good when trading with the news.

Start with CAD wholesale sales MOM today, I sold usdcad 0.2 @ 0.9965 during news 8.30am NY. but no major spike today even
the result is quite good 1.6% compare to previous -1.1%. I closed my position at 0.9950 and made profit around usd 30.15.
That leave my balance with a total usd 79.85.

I will continue again with CAD and USD news tomorrow. have to skip with AUD because I'm working during that time.
will update it here. If you want to see my account just check the link below. I'm using PAMM account :)

PAMM-Monitoring: 7185759 - Fx Interceptor

Ok, talk soon

Last edited:
Back