What is your trading advantage?

I like the 15-minute candles too, if I intend to open short-term position. In my opinion their signal is reliable, but it doesn't last long.
Yes usually as scalping trader they will prefer use 5-minute timeframe, because as trader will only catcth profit small target, and as active trader scalping they can making many trades daily, but not all trader will prefer use scalping trading

Yes usually as scalping trader they will prefer use 5-minute timeframe, because as trader will only catcth profit small target, and as active trader scalping they can making many trades daily, but not all trader will prefer use scalping trading

The more trade a trader makes, the greater chances he is going to make mistake. That makes scalper hard to survive.

When it comes to scalping I've actually seen people even use the 1-minute time frame, but I could never really understand it, to be honest. It seemed way too risky.

When it comes to scalping I've actually seen people even use the 1-minute time frame, but I could never really understand it, to be honest. It seemed way too risky.
It's more like a gamble. Too much gaps and jumping around; It's difficult to make a good choice that's not based on luck.

It's more like a gamble. Too much gaps and jumping around; It's difficult to make a good choice that's not based on luck.

When we see that the markets are moving in a tight range then we have to make some sort of adjustments so that we start getting some good results already :)

I suppose that if you have a quick mind and an even quicker reaction you can still make a profit off of it, but I don't think I want to try. At least not on my live account.

I suppose that if you have a quick mind and an even quicker reaction you can still make a profit off of it, but I don't think I want to try. At least not on my live account.
Quick reaction and quick mind will eventually get killed by slippage and spread.

You're probably right. I haven't actually observed someone scalping like this on a long-term basis so I really have no opinion on the matter.
Scalping is the most profitable way of trading, especially by EAs. But brokers are aware of that and that is why they (the majority at least) won't let traders make money on that. You can observe how scalping EA trades on demo account where the conditions are ideal and then on a real account where they lose ton of money because of spread and slippage. This doesn't mean there aren't profitable scalping EAs, but those that are profitable go for larger amount of pips to avoid the aforementioned obstacles.

The more trade a trader makes, the greater chances he is going to make mistake. That makes scalper hard to survive.
This scalping trading might not suitabe for beginner, if they often faced mistake and loss, hence usually will leading to emotion, will harmful if they can't control their emotion properly

Back