• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Problem Alpari UK - another possible scam

I am having an issue with a company
This PDF file is now redone to present in a much more user-friendly and analytical manner, complete with a colored chart for ease of picturing the complete jigsaw puzzle in one piece at a glance.

LINK: www.dpherbal.com/alpari/RatingsFromForexbrokerz_Alpari-UK.pdf

Kindly note that since not every month contains data (i.e. not every month has reviews), using the monthly data to plot the chart would make it appear broken and messy. As such, I have used the cumulative monthly data instead to smoothen out the chart.

You can go to the respective star rating's Table of Contents (TOC) to browse individual Header Caption which is the descriptive phrase on Alpari UK and/or their actual encounters as submitted by respective individual reviewer. There's one review without the header caption and a section of the first review phrase was used.

You may also click the individual header caption to link to the actual Review contents.

Hope this helps offer a clearer picture of what these witnesses would want us to know about this broker, who would not stop telling us that we have read the Writings on The Wall erroneously.

Best Wishes and Good Luck!

Last edited:
Hey pcb
How did they go against you with the VDP plugin? explanation in an example of a trade would be the best.
So , lets say that im winning , and im opening a short in EUR at 1.3116 , how will the VDP go against me?
Curious , its the first time i come across that.

Hey pcb
How did they go against you with the VDP plugin? explanation in an example of a trade would be the best.
So , lets say that im winning , and im opening a short in EUR at 1.3116 , how will the VDP go against me?
Curious , its the first time i come across that.

Hi Lorio,

I'll do my best to explain.

VDP stands for Virtual Dealer Plugin. It means that there are no real human dealers, but virtual(that would automatically act upon certain conditions detected by the software algorithm - i.e. a step-by-step procedure for calculations to determine if the desired condition is met).

When a broker openly declares that they are a dealing desk broker(also known as Market Maker), they are telling you that their trading structure is setup to have their own people trading on the opposite of the trade you take. However, these days Dealing Desk brokers will also use software to counter your trades - no real human traders anymore.

This is a short description extracted from Different Types of Brokers | Brokers 101 | Learn Forex Trading

++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Forex brokers that operate through Dealing Desk (DD) brokers make money through spreads and by trading against their clients. Also called market makers, Dealing Desk brokers literally create a market and artificial forex exchange rates for their clients. While you may think that there is a conflict of interest, there really isn't. Market makers provide both a sell and buy quote, which implies that they are indifferent to the decision of the trader.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I urge you to read more details in there to find out how the image of Dealing Desk brokers has become so bad these days, thus opening up the opportunity to increasing number of unscrupulous brokers claiming that they are Non-Dealing Desk brokers, but secretly have the MT4 VDP installed to do worse things than the Dealing Desk brokers.

In your example of shorting EUR at 1.3116, let's say you have been winning >80% of your trades consecutively for the last 3 days, then this is how the VDP can turn the tide against you.

The VDP could have already been setup to do the following when a certain condition is met, and can also be adjusted anytime when the trading environment changes.

Example:

IF EUR = BEARISH
FLAG ALL Accounts having >=80% of Winning Trades the last 2 days
LIST all Profitable EUR Opened Position of Short trades
IF Profit >= 10 PIPS
Forbid CLOSE trade
IF Profit <= -10PIPS
Requote Price = Price1+5 PIPS
Display choice 'Accept', 'Cancel'
IF Choice='Accept'
Requote Price = Price2+5 PIPS
ELSE
CLOSE trade at Price1+5 PIPS
END IF
END IF
END IF
END IF

So, since you have already won >80% of all your trades consecutively for the last 3 days your account will be flagged.

Next, if you had Opened your Short trade at 1.3116 and assuming that the current Price is now at 1.3016, then if you want to Close your position now, you'll have 100 PIPS profit. But the algorithms know it in a split second that you are disallowed to take profit that's more than 10 PIPS, so the system will forbid any trade Closing attempt, and will then look out for the next IF condition to be met before acting again.

Next, if you tried closing your position again after 5 secs, and the price suddenly surged to 1.3130, you'll be at 14 PIPS negative. So since your trade meets the condition of <= -10 PIPS, you get to see a Requote Price at 1.3135 (that's Current Price at 1.3130+5 PIPS as instructed) and you'll get to select 'Accept' or 'Cancel'

Even if, despite that you are annoyed by the requote, you still decide to go ahead to Close your position, the system has been instructed to throw you with another new requote(Price2+5 PIPS). So, you still can't close yet.

However, should you decide to Cancel rather than going head to Close now, your trade will still be Closed but at Price1+5 PIPS (as instructed by the algorithm).

You'll scratch your head and start wondering what's going on, and you end up with losses.

You'll write to complain, but the broker will respond with their canned script that after investigation, blah, blah, blah.... they found everything to be normal at their end. So, it is your connection problem and all the **** stuff.

When you complain further that you suspect them of playing some dirty tricks etc..

They'll again respond with another canned script: We are registered with XXX and we will not do this and that......

Note: Price1 and Price2 can be any new current price or the broker's self made price(so they also secretly become a market maker without making it known in the first place).

This is only a simple example. It is actually much more complex with many more varied conditions included.

One single condition of IF can contain many more sub-conditions of IFs, and more sub-sub conditions of IFs and so on.

But still, the algorithms can follow the instructions and act accordingly in a split second!

That is why when your account is flagged and you start to see all hell broke loose, you can NEVER beat the speed of their VDP. You'll be absolutely helpless. You can only let them eat up all your trades and stop opening new position.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Just so i complete view . and excuse my curiosity.
1.Where you scalping , hedging ?
2.did you use an EA for opening trades ?(or a script)
3.Are you far from their Servers ?or live in the UK?
4.what was your leverage?
5.were you daytrading?
6.were you on an ECN account?
7.isnt the VDP designed to adress the high amount of deals coming in the server?
8.hypothetically , would'nt it be wiser , hypothetically to trade opposite losing accounts.

Just so i complete view . and excuse my curiosity.
1.Where you scalping , hedging ?
2.did you use an EA for opening trades ?(or a script)
3.Are you far from their Servers ?or live in the UK?
4.what was your leverage?
5.were you daytrading?
6.were you on an ECN account?
7.isnt the VDP designed to adress the high amount of deals coming in the server?
8.hypothetically , would'nt it be wiser , hypothetically to trade opposite losing accounts.

To Q1: Yes. I Scalped and Hedged, but the VDP algorithm has its way to stop out one of my 2 trades, and then switched price direction to stop out the other hedged trade as well. I have absolutely no time to react.

To Q2: No.

To Q3: Far from their servers

To Q4: Can't recall exactly, but I never like high leverage. Mine could be 1:200 max.

To Q5: Yes, I did Day trading and also Scalping.

To Q6: No. I've read about suspicion cases of the use of VDP also by traders trading with ECN accounts. So, it doesn't matter actually about the name of accounts you are made to believe that they are safer(though it is supposed to be). Brokers would still have a way to manipulate anything and abuse your trust to their advantage if they want to. Best is to check out reviews at Top FX forums. Trust the 1&2-stars reviews several folds more than the 4&5-stars.

To Q7: No. If a broker has told you that, they were lying through their teeth! I have appended below the images someone sent me. You can clearly see what exactly the MT4 VDP could do to help brokers trade against you. And that was only version 3.16 more than 6 years back. Later versions allow the brokers even much more
flexibilities to scam you without limits.

To Q8: That's hedging. Yes, provided the broker truly plays fair, but they won't. When the market is truly Bullish and you have a Long and a Short trade, and you decided that the Short trade should be exited to stop further Loss, so that your Long trade would make more Profit after trading-off the smaller Loss from the exited Short trade. However, in reality, the very moment you exited your Short trade, you'll see the price quickly going South and stop out your Long trade. This may happen not just to your account. It could be that many other traders were also using the same strategy like you, and their VDP must have already been set to act this way to prevent the company from incurring huge losses.

And in this scenario, even a micro account trader having a LONG trade position would be killed in the midst of cross-fire. People would find it hard to believe that brokers would do such things even to micro account traders. But the reality is that they were killed in the midst of cross-fire to kill the much larger wave of enemy(the large number of winning traders).

MT4VDP_1.jpg
MT4VDP_2.jpg

My dad and I would be keen to petition to the FX regulators to impose the following as mandatory requirements.

1) Official and Legal Declaration that no VDP(or its equivalent) is used by all
non-dealing desk brokers. Random Inspection to be carried out by relevant Authorities.

2) Software vendors who are engaged by brokers to maintain or design/develop any FX trading platform related project must also declare legally that the project requirement does not include any algorithms to trade against winning traders or to activate any fake price movements.
3) Employees and outsourced company Directors and employees of brokers involved in system maintenance must also legally declare to FSC(or equivalent) that they would not obey any instructions from their employer to compromise system integrity to deceive traders.
4) Every licensed broker must legally declare that they will not engage anyone with or without payment to post fake reviews on any FX forums.
5) Have an attractive reward system for whistle blowers from within the broker's organizaion, based on a percentage of the fine imposed on the guilty broker.

Any more suggestions?

Violation of any of the above when caught should be punishable by a heavy fine and jail term for every guilty person including the company director(s).

What do you guys think? If we have enough interested would-be petitioners (the more the merrier), let's organize this together. :)

Last edited:
I don't know how the UK handles it, but I think filing a petition with the NFA or CFTC when they aren't asking for comments on proposed rulemaking would be useless. In the US, it would be better to present the suggestions to those in congress who sit on the committees that deal with the CFTC the most.

A quicker option would be to gather any evidence you and other traders have showing proof of the VDP being used and take that to the FOS and FCA.

I see .
I was just asking cause i used a script to open two trades , hedge automatically on the same pair , and
the second order rarelly made it through , blocking the trading context.
I then built a loop into the script to insist untill the orders were both active .
It worked this way.Im not trying to dissprove you or something , different brokers react in different ways.
Right?
Does Alpari allow hedging ?

I don't know how the UK handles it, but I think filing a petition with the NFA or CFTC when they aren't asking for comments on proposed rulemaking would be useless. In the US, it would be better to present the suggestions to those in congress who sit on the committees that deal with the CFTC the most.

A quicker option would be to gather any evidence you and other traders have showing proof of the VDP being used and take that to the FOS and FCA.

I see. Didn't know about this in the US. Anyway, since Alpari UK supposedly won't be having US customers, I'll try something else with the UK regulators.

Thanks, Pharaoh.

In another findings, I noted that after I posted on this forum last year (2012) on what Alpari UK did to my trades (with my video clips as proofs), out of the blue, Alpapri-UK had 53 five-star reviews posted consecutively at a stretch. And out of the 53, there are 52 from UK and one from Canada(that's 98% from UK!)

My findings further show that there were only twenty(20) five-stars reviewers but coming from 10 different Nationalities during the previous 56 months between Sep-2007 and Apr-2012. However, out of the blue 98% of the 5-stars reviewers all from UK suddenly decided to post between May-2012 and Nov-2012(a stretch of only 5 months!). Are they real or fakes? Simple math shows that it's a sudden leap of 2,120% 5-star reviews consecutively in just 5 months!

I will also post the complete findings of this report once ready.

Any explanation, Alpari UK?

Back