• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Problem Capital Trust Markets - CapitalTrustMarkets.com - Possible Scam Alert

I am having an issue with a company
All traders having problems with Capital Trust Markets can file complaints with econsumer.gov - Your site for cross-border complaints.

Since Reza is in Canada, a complaint hre may be a a good idea - Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre - How to Report Fraud

What country is everyone in? If it's the USA, then head over to CFTC Contact Page

Hello,
I do not think that reporting it to New Zealand authorities would do any good. The reason is that Reza Lives in Canada & leased a virtual office in New Zealand. If a trader wired the funds, the wire actually went to 'Royal Bank of Canada'. So CTM probably never had any funds in New Zealand. So if there were no funds in New Zealand and Reza is not there, you probably wouldn't go very far with complaining in New Zealand.

So if a trader wired the deposit to 'Royal Bank of Canada; then complaining to Canadian authorities should be first step. Also reporting to econsumer.gov - Your site for cross-border complaints. seems like a sound idea to keep traders safe from future scams by Reza. The reason I am saying this is that Reza Mokhtarian opened another company www.fxcib.com in 2011 which has been since closed. Here are links to web cache of that company:

http://web.archive.org/web/201105171...www.fxcib.com/

http://www.briefingwire.com/pr/reza-mokhtarian-set-to-open-doors-to-new-investors-in-2012

Best of luck again.

Confirming that CTM's trading servers are back up and (to the best of my knowledge) the de-registration process in NZ is ending as well. I don't know all of what this implies, but this is all in line with promises Reza made to me personally in the last few days, and it does seem like he could have made his exit if that were his true intention, rather than fighting with MetaQuotes to get CTM's servers back up. I will have a full update next week one way or the other on my situation.

Feeling a little more relieved...... I am one of the CTM clients and after reading all these posts all over the internet, I was beside myself. I was terrified that my money would be gone. Mind you, I had already gone through one broker, The Collective Global, who just one day shut down and was never heard from again. They had promised to send everyone back their remaining balances, which of course never happened. It was fortunate that I had spoken to Reza, the sole shareholder of CTM, on a couple of occasions and I had his Skype address and when I reached out to him to flat out tell me the truth, he actually called me back right away. He spent an hour with me sending me copies of the communications he had sent to Metaquotes trying to get the servers back up. There were days worth of them, without, I might add, a single response back to him and his emails asking, no pleading, with them to return his calls. I was crying when I talked to him, telling him about what had happened before. He spent the hour calming me down and promised me that as soon as he got off the phone with me, he had a call in to Metaquotes lawyers and that he would get things straightened out. He swore on his child's life that he was not stealing anyone's money, that all the funds were safe and secure and that the servers would be up no later than Sunday night.
He just kept asking me to trust him, to have faith in him. I explained to him that the profits from the account were to be used to help build our little church. Again, he just said "Trust Me. I am a husband and father and a believer. I know that karma happens and I have too much to lose, to put myself in that situation." Long story short, this morning I was working on the computer when I heard the distinctive ring of the MT4 platform coming on line. I was thrilled. I Skyped him right away to tell him that it was working and his answer was..."Didn't I tell you to trust me." "I am a man of my word."

I don't know about you, but when a man swears on his child's life, unless he is base, foul, and very stupid, he had better not lie about his oath. Enough said. I trust the man. Time will prove me either an idiot or someone who chose to believe in the goodness of a man's heart.

There is life in the servers, they are switched on although prices have not been updated since 28th April. Has somebody had a twinge of conscience within CTM and is everybody going to get their money back? Even if they do, I would think this signals the end of the road for CTM as I don't believe any trader will ever trust them again.

below is there message, posted today; I am still leery

"Dear Valued Clients,

We are sure that you are well aware the past couple days we had system issues and our
servers were down, please be advised that as of 12PM E.S.T. Friday all of CTM's trading
servers are not only back up but on new servers running better than ever. We want to
extend our deepest apologies to any clients affected by the down time and want clients
to rest assure that any losses incurred by clients during this down time will be
reimbursed by CTM into the clients trading accounts respectively. Please also be aware
that we have filed for a new dispute resolution scheme in New Zealand and will have
the status of our FSPR changed to active immediately, the current message on the NZ site
is a standard message that appears when a company changes or cancels their
dispute resolution scheme and as we had decided to change to a different insurance
provider this automated message appeared on the site, rest assured CTM is
in good standings and fully compliant with the FSPR. We have always been and
will always be here for our clients to give them the absolute best service possible.
Thank you for your continued loyal support.

CTM Team."

"Show us the Money, Mr. Mokhtarian!"

To start with: I am one of the many victims of Mr. Mokhtarian (in the 5-digit range). I have been trying my funds back for about a month without any success. Some people have been waiting for their funds even longer, i.e. for months.

All the recent developments will not explain the fact why Mr. Moktharian has been ignoring withdrawal requests for months. It also does not explain why he does not even respond to e-mails.

In summary: Reestablishing MT4 and Client Portal functionality does not have anything to do with IGNORING withdrawal requests.

Not a single word should be believed from this man until he "walks the talk", i.e. before he expedites all pending withdrawal requests.

P.S. Mr. Mokhtarian is welcome on this Forum to face his clients, but I guess he is just too coward to explain himself publicly.

Feeling a little more relieved...... I am one of the CTM clients and after reading all these posts all over the internet, I was beside myself. I was terrified that my money would be gone. Mind you, I had already gone through one broker, The Collective Global, who just one day shut down and was never heard from again. They had promised to send everyone back their remaining balances, which of course never happened. It was fortunate that I had spoken to Reza, the sole shareholder of CTM, on a couple of occasions and I had his Skype address and when I reached out to him to flat out tell me the truth, he actually called me back right away. He spent an hour with me sending me copies of the communications he had sent to Metaquotes trying to get the servers back up. There were days worth of them, without, I might add, a single response back to him and his emails asking, no pleading, with them to return his calls. I was crying when I talked to him, telling him about what had happened before. He spent the hour calming me down and promised me that as soon as he got off the phone with me, he had a call in to Metaquotes lawyers and that he would get things straightened out. He swore on his child's life that he was not stealing anyone's money, that all the funds were safe and secure and that the servers would be up no later than Sunday night.
He just kept asking me to trust him, to have faith in him. I explained to him that the profits from the account were to be used to help build our little church. Again, he just said "Trust Me. I am a husband and father and a believer. I know that karma happens and I have too much to lose, to put myself in that situation." Long story short, this morning I was working on the computer when I heard the distinctive ring of the MT4 platform coming on line. I was thrilled. I Skyped him right away to tell him that it was working and his answer was..."Didn't I tell you to trust me." "I am a man of my word."

I don't know about you, but when a man swears on his child's life, unless he is base, foul, and very stupid, he had better not lie about his oath. Enough said. I trust the man. Time will prove me either an idiot or someone who chose to believe in the goodness of a man's heart.

I think you'll find that people like this man Reza Moktharian are accomplished and generally pathological liars,who at some stage lose a grip on reality in their webs of deceit and lies,to the point that they no longer understand themselves what is truth and what is fiction.I've no doubt that he would swear on the life of his son,daughter,wife,mother,father,aunty,uncle and cousin to stop even one complaint being made to the authorities about him!
Good conmen are very,very convincing partly because they do actually believe some of their own lies but they are also generally sociopaths,who don't care about the suffering and misery that their scamming ways affect their victims.
Proof of this is that he seems far more upset about having his name besmirched on a Ferrari owner's forum than he does about the vast number of clients he is in the process of ripping off with CTM,a company set up to deceive using offshore jurisdictions and virtual offices,it's quite clear it was set up as a scam from the very first day with the sole intention of scamming client funds.
I feel very sorry for you but you must know that he is now using stalling tactics on you,in order to give himself time to move the stolen money to another offshore jurisdiction probably where it will be unrecoverable.You need to strike now while the iron is hot and make a full and formal complaint to the Canadian authorities and the Canadian Royal Mounted Police,so that these funds can be frozen and a case started against this scammer to recover the funds,THIS IS YOUR ONLY CHANCE OF GETTING YOUR MONEY BACK!!!

Not sure who are you or if you're a real client but when a man is swearing in his child's life he can also have no kids, or he loves money more then he loves his own children.

This scumbag is now threatening the admin of the Ferrari Chat forum and bizarrely,has called the Police claiming that he is not safe or something like that?He must have some very serious personality issues to be doing this,I wouldn't send him a penny of my money.
Surely with his servers going down this must be the beginning of the end for his brokerage,probably just as well from what I've seen and read!

I also seem to be on the hit list.

I've asked Reza for a copy of the police report. Unless I see that, I will assume this is a total fabrication made up because I and the admin of FerrariChat have both refused to remove all references to Reza Mokhtarian and Capital Trust Markets.

Back