How long did it take you to go from demo to live?

How long did it take you to go from demo to live?

• right away

Votes: 9 11.8%
  • 6 months

Votes: 44 57.9%
  • 1 year

Votes: 17 22.4%
  • 2 years

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • 3 or more years

Votes: 2 2.6%

• Total voters
Almost trader fail in real trading account less than six months, so I think a good time for practice in demo account at least six months, but also need to measure the skill, if demo account often fail hence they can add more time to use a demo account, no matter will use few years

Almost trader fail in real trading account less than six months, so I think a good time for practice in demo account at least six months, but also need to measure the skill, if demo account often fail hence they can add more time to use a demo account, no matter will use few years
This time should certainly avail by the beginners traders. In one or two months they just know the trading atmosphere , They are not able to do good trading. When they are making enough money in demo account and are good to manage a certain amount then they should go to live trading. We can not tell any specific time period to switch to real trading it is just your ability to handle your amount.

Around 6 months for me
More than six months is no problem, it free trading account without any risk, but later in real trading at a first time usually will face a different atmosphere especially in emotion, the live account is real money, and actually no trader wants to lose money because the main goal joined forex makes money.

Hello all,

Just wanted to ask how long it took you to go live?

for me it was about 2 years.
It took me 3 months to make my first live trades but I still use demo for education and simulation purposes. It is extremely useful tool, especially strategy tester in MT4

How long should a beginner trade using a demo account? Is there a particular time period on how long a beginner should demo trade, or is it based on live trading knowledge obtained?

It took me about six months to move from demo accounts to live account because learning about forex takes a lot of time.

And before entering into live trading every trader should get familiarized with the forex software platfrom and also understand about live market trades

It depends. In most cases, one year should be enough. If you are too cautious, you may take 2 years. Trading is not only about learning how trading is done. It is about how to keep patience as well. Taking time with demo account is the first exam of your patience.

Back