How long did it take you to go from demo to live?

How long did it take you to go from demo to live?

• right away

Votes: 9 11.8%
  • 6 months

Votes: 44 57.9%
  • 1 year

Votes: 17 22.4%
  • 2 years

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • 3 or more years

Votes: 2 2.6%

• Total voters
A demo account is required to test a trading strategy. It is better to study on cent accounts in order to work out your trading psychology.

A demo account is required to test a trading strategy. It is better to study on cent accounts in order to work out your trading psychology.
When novice traders already felt confident to start into a live account, the micro account is an appropriate type of account, a trader can start with small bucks and work in a live account to get an understanding of real psychology trading.

It took me around a year to start trading live on a micro account.
Same case with me when I started trading back in 2018. Demo taught me many things like how to make right use of basic indicators and not to forget stop losses, though on demo it does not matter but that was time and now I never skip adding that on trades.

It took me about three months to switch from demo to the real account.
In the very beginning I was sure that demo wouldn't teach me how to trade. I just learnt how to use the trading platform and how to analyze the market. I tried out several trading strategies and chose the one which looked more or less credible to me. Later on I traded some microlots and learnt how to cope with the psychological pressure.

I had more than one "demo phase". I used to overestimate my skills and jump straight to trading when I wasn't ready, lose money and start again, occasionally opening a demo account. Rinse and repeat :) I'm getting much better with trading now, but still, use a demo account to hone my skills so to speak.

I had more than one "demo phase". I used to overestimate my skills and jump straight to trading when I wasn't ready, lose money and start again, occasionally opening a demo account. Rinse and repeat :) I'm getting much better with trading now, but still, use a demo account to hone my skills so to speak.
That`s may be 90% of all newbies path. ;)

I personally started to trade live after several months of trading demo. So, the first step was to get theoretical background, then I started trading on demo account and after I learnt how to use trading platform and made certain trading habits (like setting stop losses without wasting too much time), right after it I switched to real account and traded small sums. I still think that it is the most adequate way to start trading live because demo account will never give you relevant experience of trading. Trading real money implies psychological factor and different broker's fees which should be included in planning the deals. I still use demo from time to time in order to test some trading ideas which I come up with. I think that all the traders do that because nobody wants to lose the money because of some idea which needs to be proved.

It took me two months to do that. Though I still had times when I went back to the demo account to test stategies or exeute a trade I am not sure of

Back