• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Problem MexBank - MexGroup

I am having an issue with a company
Hello, I have to say that I am feeling very sorry and more so angry for all of you. Have you guys crossed over and read the ACM forum here on FPA? It is incredible to see that one of these so called traders, Ilya Paniotov, has come on the forum with what many believe are falls accusations in order to try and save their asses.

Paniotov claims to have been your trader (going by the claims of the Swiss press) who lost the money because of a supposed price spike or spread manipulation, he even claims to have "proof" in the form of screen shots. We then learn that following a MexBank attempt to blackmail the lost money a few months back, ACM refused to bend when confronted with the "proof" which, in the eyes of ACM, were plain to see forged and manipulated pictures and documents, ACM even went as far as to make a formal complaint to the Swiss authorities about MexBank's attempt.

If you read further into this ACM thread, you will find that many members went as far as to look up information regarding MexBank, SEC findings were posted talking of MexBank and Gary McDuff being found guilty of an $11 million Fraud, that MexBank was set up and owned by McDuff for the purpose of laundering money. I take the latest post;

The SEC case # 3.06-cv-00959 Document 28 Filed 10/02/2006

FINDINGS AND RECOMMENDATION OF THE
UNITED STATES MAGISTRATE JUDGE

Id. at 5-6, ¶ I(12) & (13)).

McDuff laundered the money through various accounts at MexBank SA de C.V. ("MexBank") before the funds were deposited into accounts at Cash Cards International, Inc. ("CCI") maintained by him”

2) The following DOES exist as quoted.

http://74.205.55.74/offshorealert/Ar...s1WBEeleXNA=

SEC SUES INVESTMENT PROMOTER GARY MCDUFF FOR ALLEGED $11 M FRAUD

In its complaint, the SEC alleged that McDuff used an entity he controlled called MexBank SA de CV to improperly divert investors' funds for his personal benefit. Research by OffshoreAlert showed that MexBank SA de CV also operates under the names MBFX, MexGroup, and MXBK Group SA de CV and maintains a web-site at MexGroup - Financial Services and MexGroup - Financial Services, where the group claims to be a manager of currencies.

It would also seem that the icing on the cake is that this MexBank "trader" (now ex?) Ilya Paniotov is mentioned as also owning a website set up to promote MexBank;

Another site that has been set up to promote MexBank but has a different design can be found at www.forexmb.com, where the only contact information is given as "Fax: +1 201 917-2623" and an email address of info@forexmb.com. The domain name 'forexmb.com' was created on November 13, 2006 and is owned by Ilia Paniotov, of Forex Trading Financial Group Corp.,11 Partridge Lane, Putnam Valley, NY 10579

I suppose what surprises me the most is that, bearing in mind that hindsight is 20/20, little or no due diligence was carried out by yourselves before handing any of your money over to MexBank and Paniotov. Maybe I am wrong in thinking this but it would seem that those who enter the retail FX market to trade themselves, as opposed to having someone else do it, make a bigger effort when it comes to due diligence.

Whether this trader Paniotov's contact details will be of any help to you, I hope so. In any case, we all wish you good luck, I hope the winds of change blow your way soon.

MiFID explained

Regarding MiFID, it is not a body as such, this from Wiki...

The Markets in Financial Instruments Directive (MiFID)[1] as subsequently amended [2] is a European Union law which provides a harmonised regulatory regime for investment services across the 30 member states of the European Economic Area (the 27 Member States of the European Union plus Iceland, Norway and Liechtenstein). The main objectives of the Directive are to increase competition and consumer protection in investment services. As of the effective date, 1 November 2007, it replaced the Investment Services Directive.[3]

MiFID is the cornerstone of the European Commission's Financial Services Action Plan whose 42 measures will significantly change how EU financial service markets operate. MiFID is the most significant piece of legislation introduced under the 'Lamfalussy' procedure designed to accelerate the adopting of legislation based on a four-level approach recommended by the Committee of Wise Men chaired by Baron Alexandre Lamfalussy.

I tried to place another post here regarding MexBank and Ilya Paniotov your "trader", for all those that want to read about the SEC findings regarding MexBank et all, just go to the ACM forum here on FPA.

?

The only New York attorney named Linda Barnes is

LINDA LOUISE BARNES with registration number 1786524.

What will our mystery writer be next, a Supreme Court Judge? LOL!

Linda, if you think I have committed a tort (do I need to explain that to you) sue me.

Mr Coffman-could Linda really be Freddy4x in drag? I think we need a picture?:)

MBFX

MBFX is a scam. I visited their offices in Mexico. Their World Trade Center office is nothing but a front and their Cuernavaca location is in a beautiful garden setting and the home of the guy behind the scam. He is living like a king on our money. Google Gary L. McDuff and hold on. I met him in Cuernavaca and left trying to figure out a way to get my money out. I attempted to scam the scammers but got caught in December like everyone else just before they were to send me my money. The guys who are fronting MexBank are just employees of McDuff. They all defer to McDuff even though he was presented as a mere administrative employee. He is clearly in charge and as you will see if you do the Google search he fled to Mexico to avoid jail on another scam for which he was convicted. His wife, Shannon, and son are also deeply involved. MexBank is not the first, he's been involved in many scams all over the World.

MBFX is a scam. I visited their offices in Mexico. Their World Trade Center office is nothing but a front and their Cuernavaca location is in a beautiful garden setting and the home of the guy behind the scam. He is living like a king on our money. Google Gary L. McDuff and hold on. I met him in Cuernavaca and left trying to figure out a way to get my money out. I attempted to scam the scammers but got caught in December like everyone else just before they were to send me my money. The guys who are fronting MexBank are just employees of McDuff. They all defer to McDuff even though he was presented as a mere administrative employee. He is clearly in charge and as you will see if you do the Google search he fled to Mexico to avoid jail on another scam for which he was convicted. His wife, Shannon, and son are also deeply involved. MexBank is not the first, he's been involved in many scams all over the World.

Hello, East Coast, go for it!!! Just wonder what you are going to say now. Do you still have your 80%+ money in US Treasuries like you wrote in previous post?

Back