1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Worst Forex Reviews

Discussion in 'Basic Training' started by AsstModerator, May 2, 2008.

1. AsstModerator

AsstModerator FPA Forums and Reviews Admin

I wouldn't really call this a review...

Most EAs are tied to your specific account, so you can't just swap them.

The FPA forums have a classified ads section. The review pages are for reviews, not a swap meet for used products.

2. AsstModerator

This is a reasonable question, but not a review...

The question would have been more reasonable if it had been left for a different broker. The broker he left it for had over 20 reviews and a 1 star rating.
    :)

3. AsstModerator

Sometimes, reviews make interesting points.

The problem is that this could be said about ANY signal provider. Finding those few good signals providers out of the many that will take your money and provide average or worse signals is why the FPA reviews signals.

Please, if you want to leave commentary like this, do it in the forums.

4. AsstModerator

It's a rating and a review. If the FPA only did ratings, you wouldn't need to write anything. You would just click from 1-5 stars. The words of the review need to justify the rating with some details. I don't ask for a novel, but I would like a couple of sentences to justify a 5 star or 1 star rating. I'd like something resembling at least a full sentence before considering accepting a 2, 3, or 4 star review. The idea of reviews is to provide helpful information for people considering whether to do business with the company.

These 3 word reviews didn't make it...

And these two word reviews also didn't make it...

And this 1 star review, left under an untraceable name didn't make it....

I needed a name, an email, or an account number. Then there might have been some chance to do try to help this person.

5. AsstModerator

Three stars is not the same as No rating. If you are leaving a useful comment about using a company's product that's not supposed to alter a company's rating, set it to No rating.

This person's 3 star rating would have pulled the broker's average down. Some companies do read the FPA's reviews, some don't. If you have a wish list, send it to the company, not to the reviews.

3 stars for an EA the person gives no information about...

This person thinks Stars are votes on how customer service handles another person's issues, and 2 stars is just to encourage people to get started?

The rule is that you can only place ratings based on your personal experiences. If your next door neighbor gets ripped off, that doesn't make you his secretary. Ask him to leave his own review. If you want to bring other people's attention to bad reviews, email them a link to the review page.

6. AsstModerator

Some people ask for information that's right there in front of them...

The Performance Test page showed that default settings were used. It also showed the broker statement with the broker name at the top of the statement.

For a product with over 30 reviews and marked as being not for sale any longer...

7. AsstModerator

Review spammers think they are clever. A few are. Others are just plain stupid and easy to spot...

While that one was sitting in the moderation queue, another one came in a day later from the same location. That location wasn't Romania or the USA.

So, was it 3 accounts for 8 months or 1 account for 2 years? How many days did you say that withdrawal took?

He then waited a couple of days and submitted 2 more.

I guess he's funding his world travels with all those different $10,000 withdrawals.

8. AsstModerator

Please check and see if a site is listed before submitting it. It's easy to search all the reviews now. This one came in for a product that had over 100 reviews...

9. AsstModerator

Some people are just too easily confused. They expect a product to have all good or all bad reviews. The truth is that different traders will often have different experiences. You need to read the review and learn to judge for yourself.

Confused or not, the FPA doesn't endorse brokers.

Figuring out what some reviewers want can be a little confusing too.

10. AsstModerator

Every product the FPA has a review page for also had a discussion thread linked from that review page. Reviews are for people thinking of whether or not to buy the product. Reviews are not for tech support questions like these...

I almost added a note to this one saying that it required all accounts to begin with exactly $837.49 and only could work on a VPS located inside the Bermuda Triangle. Then I realized that this reviewer would probably believe me.

You could check the broker time and an online clock of London time. You could ask your broker or ask the product seller. It would be even easier to close your account. Get one with a broker in London to solve the problem.

If you aren't alerted enough, try caffeine.

No, it's based around the Wisconsin open. Check the charts before and after milking the cows.

If you want to ask things like this in product discussion threads, that's fine. It might even work better to ask the company directly. I'm not going to allow people to turn the reviews into a tech support discussion.